Internship is a part of most educational curriculum of college students. It is a way for them to have an initial industry experience that they may use to start creating their professional profile or resume. If you want to apply for an internship position, you need to create a comprehensive job application letter for internship that you will pass to your prospective employer.
Internship Job Position Application Letter Format
Internship Job Application Letter in PDF
Engineering Internship Job Application Letter
Summer Internship Job Application Letter
Inclusions of a Job Application Letter for Internship
A job application letter writing for internship should include the following information:
- The date that the job application letter for internship was written
- The name of the company where the student is applying for internship
- The name of the individual applying for internship
- The year level that the student is currently in
- The internship position that the individual wants to have
- The field of study of the student which should be related to the internship program to be given to him or her
- The duration of the internship that the student is willing to undergo
- The reason for the internship
- The reason why the student has selected the specific business where s/he will render internship activities
- The date that the internship may already start should the individual qualify as an intern
- The skills, competencies and other qualifications of the individual that is related to the internship application templates.
HR Internship Job Application Letter
Graduate Internship Job Application Letter
Free Internship Job Application Letter
Guidelines in Writing a Job Application Letter for Internship
If you write a sample job application letter for internship, here are a few guidelines that you may follow:
- Since you still lack industry experience, it is best for you to write all your skills and abilities that are related to the industry where the company that you are applying at belongs. This allows the human resource of the business that you have the capabilities in doing various tasks related to their operations even if you do not have any professional work background yet.
- Assure that you will commend the company. Enumerate reasons why you have selected them as your internship location. You can also state a few facts that you know about them that made you interested to be a part of their work operations.
- Remember that you are writing a letter for a corporate function. Hence, make your application letter for internship formal and business-like. Use words that are usually present in professional transactions and assure that you have correct sentence constructions.
- More than your competencies as an individual, your character and ethics will help you in your application as well. State that you are willing to learn and that you will absorb all the information that they will teach you so you can better yourself and the services that you can provide to the business that will accept your internship request.