A cover letter is an avenue for aspiring lawyers to convey their passion and motivation to become good legal counsels. For law students, their cover letter can open a wide array of opportunities and training grounds for them to nurture and develop the art of negotiating and litigating.
Given the fact that the legal profession is a broad field, we’ve provided you with a collection of law student cover letters. The samples will guide you in the course of planning, structuring, and actually writing your cover letter. In line with this, we also have legal curriculum vitae templates that can also serve as reference.
Lawyer Resume Cover Letter Template
Law Student Internship Cover Letter
Clerkship Cover Letter
Graduate Law Student
Professional Cover Letters for Graduate Law Students
It is undeniable that the legal profession consists of several branches such as criminal law, environmental law, civil law, commercial law, political law, and many more. For graduate law students, they can further take up a specialization in order to nurture ones expertise with respect to the branch of law. To help you craft your letter, here are basic points that you may consider:
- Like any other formal letters, you need to adopt a professional and formal formatting.
- Don’t forget to inquire about the correct name and address of the supervisor of the institution you are applying for.
- The core of your letter must be emphasis on your extensive experiences either in the field of litigation, investigation, corporate matters, and etc.
- You can also cite specific highlights and achievements in your career such as the example given under our graduate law student Free Cover Letter Template. The applicant conveyed that he successfully secured a political asylum for a former client.
Cover Letters for Internships
For law students who are applying for a summer internship program, the emphasis of your letter must be your academic credentials and pertinent legal research studies, if you’ve conducted any. You can also write about your passion for legal studies specifically on certain subjects of law.
If you’re looking for General Cover Letter Templates, Employment Cover Letter Templates , or Latex Cover Letter Templates, check out the provided links.
Law Student Cover Letter
Professional Cover Letter for law Student in PDF
What are Included in a Law Student Cover Letter?
Keep in mind that a law student cover letter has a formal character. Even if the formatting and sections of it vary from country to country, there are still essential components that you should know.
- Start the letter with the date and recipient’s address. It is highly recommended that you address the cover letter to a particular hiring officer of a law firm or any legal institution.
- For the introduction, you can identify yourself and the school you’re currently connected to. You have to emphasize the position you are applying for in a clear manner to prevent confusion.
- Cite your academic credentials and other qualifications. Let the hiring manager know about your academic achievements and qualifications. Just ensure that you provide only the highlights because the supporting details will be provided by your resume or legal curriculum vitae.
- Wrap up your letter with a conclusion. You can reinforce important matters and provide your contact details.
These are just some components of a cover letter. If you’re planning on emailing your letter, we also have Email Cover Letter Templates .