A Letter Of Intent is precisely that: a letter stating your intentions or professional interest. These are addressed to whoever is making or granting the offer you are interested in applying for, even before they’ve made the offer. This occurs at various points in your career life, from expressing interest in an internal job opening to wishing to apply to a graduate program.
If you’re at a loss for words when drafting such a letter, we provide here a collection of letters to guide you. You can download these samples as free Doc/Docx or PDF documents, so if you are really stumped, these can serve as modifiable templates.
Free Letter of Interest Sample
Simple Letter of Interest Template
Formal Letter of Interest Template
Professional Letter of Interest Template
Letter of Interest for Job within Current Company
Letter of Interest for Job Sample
Letter of Interest for Internship Sample
Letter of Interest for Project Participation Sample
Simple Letter of Interest Sample
When to Write Letters of Interest
You might be more familiar with the letter interest as a “cover letter.” This is the letter you send along with your resume when applying for a job, stating how you found out about the opening and why you would be a good fit.
Letters of interest are like cover letters, except they can be sent even when the company is not actively hiring, and when they haven’t specified a certain job opening to apply for.
This practice is common enough to warrant whole Business Letter Of Intent Template lists. That said, letters of intent are also used in areas outside the job market:
- In real estate. A letter of intent to purchase, for example, is where the prospective buyer is informing the seller of their willingness to enter into a business transaction. This is the step of first contact and always comes before any official acceptance and contract signing.
- In college admissions. Unlike the non-mandatory letters of intent in the job market and in real estate, many elite universities actually require these letters and call them “personal statements,” “statement of interest,” or “statement of purpose.”
These are important first-impression kinds of letters, so make sure you do your research and find a good Free Letter of Intent Template to help you out.
Letter of Interest Sample for Internal Job Posting
Letter of Interest for Graduate School Sample
Letter of Interest Example
Letter of Interest for MBA Admission
Letter of Interest for QESP
More Useful Letter Templates
To give you a basic grounding in all sorts of practical letters of interest, these templates cover letters for interest in
- a job promotion within your company (professional and tactful way to broach the subject with your supervisor);
- an internal job posting;
- a job application (with or without a preceding job offer from the establishment);
- an internship opportunity;
- a graduate school program;
- project participation; as well as
- generic letters that can be adapted for your use.
Template.net offers whole lists on these and other letter samples.
If you’re looking into buying at the slightly bewildering world of real estate, you might be interested in finding a good Real Estate Letter Of Intent Template to do the job.