There will always come a time when we mature in our age and we decide that it’s about time to leave something that we have grown to appreciate and love. This stage in life is unavoidable, though some people often deny going through it and still continue to deny it even though they, as well as the people around them, already know that it’s already time for them to stop what their doing and rest
This stage is called retirement, and it happens to all of us. Some may retire at an early age due to some reasons, and others retire at an age suitable for retirement. But like I mentioned earlier, there are still people who still continue to work even at that age. Similar to resigning from a job, retiring also requires you to write a resignation notice letter to your employer of your intention. Feel free to look around our website for some Resignation Letter Templates that you can use yo.
Free Early Retirement Resignation Letter
Funny Retirement Resignation Letter
Retirement Resignation Letter Template
Retirement Resignation Letter to Employer
Letter for Teacher Retirement
Nurse Retirement Letter
Free Retirement Resignation Letter
How to Write a Retirement Letter
Before even starting to write an retirement letter, it is advisable to discuss your retirement with your employer personally for an early notice. For more letter templates, check out our collection of Job Resignation Letter Template.
- Provide your contact details. If you want, you can put your phone number and your email address if you wish to keep your communication open with the company.
- Provide a date for your retirement. At the beginning part of the letter, give the specific date that your retirement will take effect to give the company time to prepare for your departure.
- Mention your accomplishments and achievements in the company. You may want to mention the contributions you have brought to the company. Remind your employer in a polite way, your successes in the company including the number of years you have been of service, but avoid from too much bragging.
- Thank the company for the experience. Thank your employer and the company for a wonderful work experience, even if you were unhappy with your job at times. It is best to maintain professionalism in your letter.
- Offer to help the company in the transition. Even though it may not always be accepted, it is always a good gesture to offer assistance to the company in the transition phase to make it easier for them.
Professional Retirement Resignation Letter
Voluntary Retirement Resignation Letter
Resignation Letter Example
Retirement Resignation Letter Format
Why Download our Templates?
These templates were selected from among the best ones on the internet and were written by knowledgeable professionals to assist you in writing your own retirement resignation letter. Moreover, the Word and PDF templates that we have collected can be downloaded for free. These templates are fully editable as long as you have the needed software such as MS Office and Adobe Acrobat. However, you may need the licensed version of Adobe Acrobat to be able to edit PDF files.
For even more letter templates, also check out our collection of Sample Immediate Resignation Letter. If you couldn’t find the templates that you’re looking for, you may want to scroll down and check out the links below for some related contents.