A reference letter, or also referred as a recommendation letter, is a type of document that assesses the qualities, characteristics, and capacities of an individual being recommended. It shows the terms where a certain person’s ability to perform a specific task is evaluated. This type of document mostly relates to employment, higher education recommendation, or scholarship.
If you’re trying to make a reference letter that focuses on the nursing position, our complete and well-made nursing reference letter templates are beneficial. They contain relevant information that tailors to the job position. So instead of making a reference letter manually, with these, simply pick whichever template you deem applicable, edit it, download, and done. Simple, isn’t it? More samples below.
Nursing Student Reference Letter
Professional Staff Nurse
Nursing Reference Letter Format
Nursing School Reference Letter
Types of Nursing Reference Letters
These are the following reference letter templates for nursing that you can download anytime. Each contains well-constructed content and proper format. Rather than figuring out when and how to start your letter, why not use these templates as your source, or download one for future use.
- Nursing Student Reference Letter – This reference letter is what you need if you’re recommending someone for a certain medical program as a nursing student. It contains relevant content needed for a nursing reference letter.
- Professional Staff Nurse Reference Letter – A reference letter that is made for professional staff nurse recommendation. If you’re recommending someone as a staff nurse in a specific hospital or clinic, you might want to download this template.
- Nursing Employment Reference Letter – This is designed for nursing employment recommendation, though this is likely similar to the second option; however, this is a general nursing position. If you’re trying to make a reference letter like this, might as well download this template for more convenience.
- Nursing School Reference Letter – This is more about recommending an individual from a nursing school toward a medical employer or any medical training program. This shows more about how that specific individual performs well during his or her time at a nursing school.
These sample reference letters are absolutely well-made.
School of Nursing Scholarship
Graduate Nursing Program
Reference Letter for Nursing Job
How to Write a Nursing Reference Letter?
- To start, make use of a standard formal letter writing. Writing a letter of recommendation is just similar to writing any other professional communication. Following general rules and guidelines must be properly observed.
- You may start your letter with an enthusiastic praise. You should show the medical industry immediately that you believe in the person you are recommending. A positive start can make a huge difference rather than being insincere.
- Explain how you know the person. Provide concrete context for your letter. You should let the reader know how you met him or her, how both of you worked in a hospital or clinic, and some basic accomplishments.
- Describe the person’s qualifications and achievements specifically. State what are the things that person has done. Make use of examples and specific scenarios, instead of describing everything in general. It also pays to provide stories in backing yourself up.
For a clear nursing reference letter examples, see the nursing reference letter templates found on this page. All of these are made perfectly to fit your needs. So rather than stressing yourself thinking of ways to start your recommendation, why not download these templates.