A scholarship is one of the most crucial things many prospective students aspire to achieve. It provides them with financial assistance and support in their studies. Scholarship generally follows certain guidelines which are subjective to the organization offering the scholarship. Based on the criteria set by an organization, a student’s application letter may be approved or rejected.
Getting a scholarship application rejected might be a disappointing experience, but it shouldn’t be the reason for the student to give up. It should instead be something to motivate them to work hard even more so that when they apply for a scholarship again in the future, there will be a greater chance that their application will be approved.
Scholarship Request Rejection
Example of Rejection Letter
Plan on Writing a Scholarship Rejection Letter . . .
- Start the rejection letter by providing the contact information of the sender, followed by the contact information of the receiver; i.e. the applicant.
- Address the applicant with “Dear” followed by their name.
- In the first paragraph, introduce yourself and the name of your institution. Also mention the type of scholarship you are offering to qualified individuals.
- In the next paragraph, inform the applicant why their application was approved or rejected.
- In the concluding paragraph, keep the tone positive and encourage the applicant to apply again for a scholarship in the future.
- Close the letter by wishing the applicant the best for future endeavours. And sign off by placing your signature over your name.
For more rejection letter templates, you can go through these Sample Rejection Letter Templates and Email Rejection Letters available in our website.
Why Should Rejection Letters Be Sent to Applicants?
- It is the most formal and professional method of informing the applicant about the status of their application.
- It provides the applicant with information as to where they went wrong and which needed criteria they could not fulfil.
- It also gives the applicant meaningful suggestions about the areas that need to be improvised for their future scholarship applications.
- Even if their application was rejected, it still leaves the applicant with a good impression of the company for being responsive.
If you are looking for even more rejection letter templates, you may also check out our collection of Applicant Rejection Letters and Offer Rejection Letters.
Rejection Letter to Applicant
Student Scholarship Rejection
Merit Scholarship Rejection
Why Are Certain Scholarship Applications Rejected?
- Depending on the institution’s terms, the application gets rejected if the applicant is not able to meet the required criteria for the scholarship.
- The information sent by the applicant for the scholarship was incomplete.
- The applicant was not able to complete the application within the given deadline.
- The application submitted was not presentable to be accepted.
- The supporting documents submitted by the applicant were either not enough, not needed, or simply inappropriate.
- The application submitted by the applicant was not proofread and contained many spelling and grammar errors.
However, if you are looking for rejection letters to be sent to job applicants after being interviewed by the employer, these Interview Rejection Letters should help you instead.