A Thank-You Letter is sent in varying purposes, which may either be concerned about business processes or personal transactions. There are a lot of reasons why an individual may decide to write a thank-you letter. It is very essential for a person to show his or her appreciation to an entity especially if the impact of the reason why s/he is thankful for is truly felt and can change a few items in the daily functions, transactions, or even the entire life of the individual.
It is important for a person who will write a thank-you letter to identify the format that he or she will use in writing the thank-you letter so that the message of gratitude and thanksgiving will be properly relayed. Our Thank-You Letter Templates and format guides, which you may download from this page, will allow you to select the accurate thank-you letter that you can use as a guide and reference in creating a specific thank-you letter for the purpose that you want it to serve.
Formal Thank-You Letter Format
Sample Formal Thank-You Letter
Formal Business Thank-You Letter Format
Formal Email Thank-You Letter
Business Thank-You Letter Format
Business Thank-You Letter to Client
Business Meeting Thank-You Letter Format
Business Partnership Thank-You Letter
Personal Thank-You Letter Format
Sample Personal Thank-You Letter
Personal Trainer Thank-You Letter
Personal Interview Thank-You Letter
Interview Thank-You Letter Format
-Job Interview Thank-You Letter
Interview Invitation Thank-You Letter
Interview Thank-You Email Letter
Email Thank-You Letter Format
Sample Email Thank-You Letter
Official Thank-You Letter Format
Government Official Thank-You Letter
Elected Official Thank-You Letter
Official Thank-You Letter for Donation
Creating a Thank-You Letter
There are a lot of reasons why a thank-you letter can be created and sent out to an individual or a group. If you want to create a thank-you letter, here are a few items that you need to know and the steps that you need to consider in writing one:
- Assure that the salutation that you will use is appropriate with the transaction. Professional salutations are needed to be used especially if you are thanking a person because of a corporate transaction that has been done. It is very essential that a salutation will still be business-like so that there is still a formality in the message exchange even if the letter is intended to just thank a person. This can provide great benefits in possible future transactions.
- Be precise with the purpose of the letter. Let the receiver of the letter know why you are thankful for an act or a transaction. It is very important for the writer of the letter to assure that the expression of gratitude is on point.
- Always incorporate sincerity in the appreciation that you will provide. Though thank-you letters are usually short and direct to the point, you should still make sure that there is warmth and real gratitude in every thing that you will include in the letter.
- Describe the reason on why you are thankful. It will help the person to identify the item that you have appreciated and it will also allow him or her to know and remember specific transactions and instances related to the focus of your thanksgiving.
- Enumerate the benefits and/or advantages of the gift or the instance that is the reason why you are thankful. This will let the receiver of the letter know how the item will be useful to you and your functions as an individual.
- More than the items stated above, it is also important to show your curiosity about the person and how s/he is doing. This will allow him / her to feel more appreciated. You can ask about the life of the person as long as it is not too personal and you can also share a few information or news that may be interesting to the person to whom the letter is for. This allows the person to think that you care for him / her with or without the gift.
- Once all these items have been stated, repeat a message of thankfulness just to give more focus on the purpose of the letter.
The Thank-You Letter Format Based on Medium Used
The format of the thank-you letter varies on the medium that you will use in creating and sending the thank-you letter. Thank-you letters may be sent through a physical note or it can also be sent through email and any other digital mediums and platforms.
If you will send a physical letter, be aware of the following items:
- Make sure that the paper where you will print the thank-you letter is in good condition
- Avoid papers that are torn, crumpled, or has blemishes and stains
- Assure that the thank-you letter is properly printed in the medium
If you are going to send it through an email, think which of these two will be more appealing to you or your perception of what will be more appreciated by the expected receiver of the letter:
- You can put it in the body of the email so that it will be easier for the person to read it right away.
- You can create a preview of the letter content in the body of the email and just attach the thank-you letter in it.
Moreover, here are a few suggestions that you may follow if you want to send a thank-you letter through mail:
- Assure that that font that you will use is readable.
- Follow a format that is viewed as an appropriate transactional letter.
- Create a thank-you letter that still looks cohesive and well put together even if you will not print it.
If you want to have samples and templates of specific thank-you letters, you may download our Post Interview Thank-You Letter Templates and Donor Thank-You Templates.
Donation Thank-You Letter Format
Sample Donation Thank-You Letter
Charity Donation Thank-You Letter
Memorial Donation Thank-You Letter
Internship Thank-You Letter Format
Professional Internship Thank-You Letter
Internship Offer Thank-You Letter
Thank-You Letter Format in PDF
Business Thank-You Letter Format in PDF
Formal Thank-You Letter Format in PDF
Professional Thank-You Letter Format
Payment Thank-You Letter Format
Payment Receipt Thank-You Letter
Payment Thank-You Letter Format
Sample Thank-You Letter Format
Sample Interview Thank-You Letter
Corporate Thank-You Letter Format
Formal Corporate Thank-You Letter
Corporate Sponsorship Thank-You Letter
Corporate Donation Thank-You Letter
Thank-You Cover Letter Format
Sample Thank-You Cover Letter
Thank-You Cover Letter for Resume
Acknowledgment Thank-You Letter Format
Acknowledgment Thank-You Letter Format
Graduation Thank-You Letter Format
Graduation Project Thank-You Letter
Inclusions of a Thank-You Letter
A basic thank-you letter includes the following information:
The date that the thank-you letter has been written and sent
- The name of the person who is thankful for something that the receiver of the letter has provided
- The basic personal and/or professional information of the person who wrote the letter
- The reason why the thank-you letter has been written
- The description of the item or happening that made the person write the letter
- Other items that may be needed to be stated to make the person remember more about the reason of the writer’s gratitude
- A message of appreciation
- The name of the person to whom the letter is for
Guidelines in Creating a Thank-You Letter
If you are all set to write a thank-you letter, here are a few guidelines that you may follow:
- Decide on whether you want the thank-you letter to be professional or casual. Again, A few things to consider in this scenario and decision making process are as follows:
- The transaction where you are thankful for
- The person who will receive the letter
- The content of the thank-you letter
- Know the proper time when it is appropriate to send the thank-you letter. Make sure that the letter will be received by the person to whom it is for either a few hours or a few days after the transaction so details of the said transaction or process is still fresh and can be easily remembered.
- Assure that you are writing the letter in alignment to the kind of gift or any instance that you have received or experienced. It is a common social rule to assure that a well thought or expensive gift should have a thoughtful letter full of gratitude as well. Tiny gestures may be appreciated through shorter letters in return. This is not to judge the item that has been given to you but rather to keep an appropriate emotion in the thanksgiving process so that proper actions will still be practiced. You may or may not follow this suggestion depending on your personality and/or individual stand regarding the matter as well.
- Make sure that the medium that you will use in sending the thank-you letter is appropriate to the length of the message that you plan to create. If you have a short message and you want to put it in a big card, start halfway down the paper so that there will be proper space allocation.
Aside from our samples of thank-you letter format templates, our Motivational Poster Templates and Greeting Card Templates are also available for you to view, browse, and download.
Birthday Thank-You Letter Format
Happy Birthday Thank-You Letter
Formal Birthday Thank-You Letter
Career Thank-You Letter Format
Free Career Thank-You Letter
Free Thank-You Letter Format
Free Sample Thank-You Letter
Free Thank-You Letter for Donation
Charity Thank-You Letter Format
Sample Charity Thank-You Letter
Sponsor Thank-You Letter Format
Sample Sponsor Thank-You Letter
Event Sponsor Thank-You Letter
Sponsorhip/Donation Thank-You Letter
Interview Thank-You Letter
One of the most common thank-you letters are those that are sent after an interview. A few of the items that you need to remember in writing this kind of thank-you letter are as follows:
- Do not be afraid to send a thank-you letter. Sending this kind of letter does not mean that you are trying to hard sell yourself to the company. This will only show that you are truly thankful to the opportunity that has been given to you. This being said, always try to send a thank-you letter after the interviews that you have been in as it provides a bigger impact not only to your professionalism but also to your personal character.
- Moreover, you can also send a thank-you letter to someone if he or she has helped you with your job search and other transactions that you have undergone to get an interview schedule. A few of these reasons and instances can be any of the following:
- You should send a thank-you letter to the human resource department of the company for a job interview that has been held. You can easily identify the e-mail address that you will send the letter to. Usually, the business e-mails of the HR Department is what is being used to contact you for an interview schedule. Moreover, you can also personally hand it to the interviewer a few days after the interview especially if it is convenient on your side.
- You can also send a thank-you letter for an informational internship interview that will soon allow you to enter the corporate world as an intern should you pass the application processes. It is very important to always show your appreciation even in small moments like this as it will help you to build your character profile.
- More so, send a thank-you letter to any other situation where a person has offered to help you or where you have received professional assistance. A few industries are truly small and there is a chance that you will bump with the same person to whom you will write a letter for but in a different scenario. This is the reason why you should always be kind to people and one way of doing that is to write a letter that will make them feel appreciated.
- Make sure that you are familiar and comfortable with the format. You can see the abovementioned information regarding the formats that you may follow depending on the medium that you will use. In addition to it, research on the type of medium that the entity to whom you will write a thank-you letter prefers to receive.
- Assure that the thank-you letter that you are creating will allow you to give an individual touch to your message. Even if the company where you have applied is more focused in your qualifications that will be helpful for their business transactions, they also care on how you will communicate with other employees of the business and the clients of the company that you will handle in the future as well.
- Do not forget to sell yourself. A thank-you letter can also be a platform where you can include information that you have not stated during the interview and on your resume. It is very essential to add up a few details about you so the company will be more convinced to hire you.
- Create a personal and professional impression by using the proper words. Always make sure that you will read your thank-you letter again so you can edit the items that should be changed and for you to assure that the letter is polished and is ready for sending.
Other Kinds of Thank-You Letters
Aside from an interview thank-you letter, other samples of thank-you letters which you may also download from this page are as follows:
- Business Thank-You Letters which may either be for
- professinal transactions,
- membership, or
- new client acquisition.
- Personal Thank-You Letter
- Personal Trainer Thank-You Letter
- Government Official Thank-You Letter
- Donation Thank-You Letter
- Charity Thank-You Letter
- Teacher Thank-You Letter
- Internship Thank-You Letter
- Payment Thank-You Letter
- Sponsorship Thank-You Letter
- Graduation Thank-You Letter
- Birthday Thank-You Letter
With all the samples and guidelines that are available on this page, we hope that you are already properly guided with the proper usage of thank-you letters and other information that you need to be aware of in terms of creating and sending one. Again, it will be very beneficial in terms of creating a lasting relationship if you will show your gratitude toward someone who has provided you with an item or an opportunity.