White papers are the type of write-ups that can make an effective research paper. Just like any other intensive and informative type of document writing, white paper writing is done in a progressive and gradual manner. A white paper document is flexible to use from one industry to another and its purpose ranges from but isn’t limited to research, report, discussion, to proposals and many more.
100,000+ Ready-Made Designs, Docs & Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI), Apple (MAC) Keynote.
Find out more about white papers on this page and examine the different white paper examples offered. This type of document is only completed with an objective that becomes its basis from the very beginning.
Accounting White Paper
Cloud Accounting White Paper
White Paper on Lease Accounting
White Paper Examples
White papers are documents that discuss complex issues to solve complex problems. It will help you decide on your business about an important decision. The purpose of a white paper is to make customers understand the issues and fix the problems accordingly. It is generally presented from business to business transactions in the form of a marketing presentation. In it, you are trying to convince your customers about the services provided by your company. It involves extensive research and finding the best solutions for the welfare of the parties involved in the discussion. Budget reports are some of the examples of a white paper.
What Is a White Paper?
Historically, white papers were associated with government-related documents. A single white paper back then was a proposal that held different policy reforms and suggestions to better governance. In broad sense, it aimed to promote common welfare through presenting reports, surveys, and research to prove that certain community problems need utter solution.
The definition of white paper gradually changed from government-focused documents to flexible documents with a wide range of purpose for different industries. White paper formatting has greatly changed, and a single white paper template is now modified to meet industry standards.
The present days still make use of white papers despite different desired results from various industries. Although in a different time frame, a white paper is still similarly formulated like that of research paper outline templates, it still aims to provide facts, credible documents, and just about anything that could support any topic or idea that’s intended to be discussed in sub-topics and relevant chapters.
Nowadays, marketing industries are reliant on white papers to attract a target market. White papers can now be informative documents in a marketing context. As you proceed from this point, the sample white papers particularly our free white paper templates will somehow expand the definition for you.
Software White Paper
Software Testing White Paper
White Paper on Software Architecture
Army White Paper
Army Profession White Paper
Army Ethics White Paper
US Army Landcyber White Paper
Technical White Paper
Technical Support White Paper
Technical Writing White Paper
Essential Elements of an Effective White Paper
If you think you need a white paper for an upcoming proposal you want to create, it would not be a big deal to simply just download a white paper template and fill it out accordingly. However, the effectiveness of a white paper still depends on its overall content, which is also dependent on its elements.
Here are essential elements of a white paper that you need to know of in order to produce and highly effective one.
- Defined Objectives – It is important that one should know about the objectives of the white paper so as to subsequently identify the next steps to undertake in order to address an objective. Note that defined objectives make it a lot easier to write a white paper since it would be smooth to track on every item on the objective list.
- Clear Executive Summary – This is most important to your readers since this is the basis and indication whether or not they would read and dig deeper into your white paper.
- Accurate Data Presentation – White papers are more believable, enticing, and convincing when it is able to deliver and present data. Graphs, tables, charts, and other means of summarizing data could definitely draw the attention of the audience and read your white paper in its entirety.
- Qualitative Information – Stick with being able to provide your readers with an informative and, at the same time, qualitative document. When quality information is consistent, white papers are able to deliver better, impress more and attract a larger scope of readers. In addition, if all this type of information is written in line paper templates, it would be presented in a more organized manner.
Should all these essential elements be completely complied with, your white paper would already be efficient enough for audience evaluation.
Business White Paper
Small Business White Paper
White Paper for Business Continuity
Business Intelligence White Paper
Commercial White Paper
Commercial Banking White Paper
Executive White Paper
Executive Summary White Paper
White Paper on Executive Internet
Executive Protection White Paper
Finance White Paper
Trade Finance White Paper
White Paper of Finance Transformation
Behavioral Finance White Paper
Common White Paper Standards of Different Industries
Although the reasons for creating white papers are dependent on the purpose of different industries, there are still factors that industries share a common vision with. One of which is the ideal quality of a standard white paper.
Below are the common white paper standards agreed between varied industries:
- Length – In terms of the length, white papers cannot be too bulky and too loaded with information. Neither can it have only a minimal amount of information. The standard length of white papers for most industries reach a maximum of 6 pages inclusive of data presentation, analysis, and everything relevantly important in between.
- Structure – The ideal and standard structure is a complete inclusions of the previously listed elements. The elements above are not technically everything but it should at least have the table of contents, executive summary, introduction, solution, and conclusion among others.
- Format – The most ideal format should be finalized in a PDF file format. Other formatting concerns, such as indention, spacing, and text orientation, should also be taken note of. Anything readable that’s reflected on blank paper templates and ruled lined paper templates should make it the cut for an ideal format.
Legal White Paper
Legal Management White Paper
Legal Aid White Paper
Nursing White Paper
White Paper for Nursing College
Nursing Education Plan White Paper
Nursing Leadership White Paper
Product White Paper
White Paper on New Product
Product Loan White Paper
Product Launch White Paper
Project White Paper
Independent Project White Paper
White Paper for Project Management
Project Plan White Paper
Research White Paper
White Paper on Research Proposal
Research Affiliates White Paper
Research and Development White Paper
Science White Paper
Computer Science White Paper
Citizen Science White Paper
White Paper on Science and Technology
Do’s and Don’ts in Writing White Papers
Writing white papers entail a lot of work. A single mistake might only mess up everything and all the efforts would only be put to waste. Observing different white papers would tell you that its authors are careful in crafting one.
Authors of white papers must have followed these do’s and don’ts in writing white papers:
- Do prepare a topic that can be researched. To avoid running out of comprehensive information on what you aim to currently write on a white paper, always weigh the pros and cons about the topic that you choose. Even simple white paper templates have the simplest yet informative topics ideal for white papers.
- Don’t create a mediocre write-up. A mediocre write-up will only make your readers notice how poorly made your white paper is. Avoid leaving sub-topics and headings unexplained.
- Do stick with your objectives. Stick with your objectives throughout your write paper. See to it that every element is directly relevant to the objectives of your paper.
- Don’t be unprofessional. This greatly applies on your writing style and in the tone of how you write your white paper. You might want to utilize ledger paper templates in your data presentation section to promote professionalism in your output.
As an aspiring author or proponent who wishes to write a white paper, these helpful reminder on what to do and not do could be a big help as you progress with your writing.