Internships provide a platform for students to practice what they have learned in school to an actual working environment. It helps them mold their professional capabilities and allows them to experience how it is like to provide their skills and services to a company and its clients.
An internship student report is very essential as most internships are graded, especially those that are a part of a student’s current academic curriculum. We can provide you with internship student report templates and other samples of Report Templates, which you may use for different reporting activities.
Student Internship Report Format
Internship Report for Fashion Design Students
Internship Report for Accounting Students
Internship Report Content
Writing an internship report is important to see the improvements of an intern concerning his or her performance in the working environment. A basic internship report includes the following areas:
- The introduction of the internship program being practiced by the student and the work functions that he or she is doing on a daily work basis. It may also include a brief background of the nature of processes that the business follows and how it is related to the field of study of the intern.
- The narration of the experiences of the intern and how these have affected his or her professional outlook and work ethics. This may include specific incidents in the work environment that the intern has encountered, which may either be a good or bad experience.
- The analysis of the performance of the intern which may come from self-evaluation and assessment from the management of the business where the intern has rendered his or her internship.
- Some internship reports require visual documentations which captures the intern in the working environment, the work processes that the intern is able to do, and the intern’s appearance during internship hours.
Aside from our internship report templates, you may also download our Weekly Activity Report Templates.
Architecture Student Internship Report Template
Student Internship Program Report Template
Student Internship Final Report Template
Student Internship Report Form
Goals of Internship
Included in the internship student report is whether the goal of the internship has been achieved or not. A few goals of an internship are as follows:
- An internship may be a requirement of a specific academic subject. Internships in this area shall provide professional experiences that are related to the subject that requires the students to render internship.
- Another goal of an internship is know whether the student will pass the professional standards that are being required by companies. This will allow the student to improve should he or she fail to get internships in specific areas and field of expertise where he or she wants to provide internship services.
- Internships also allow students to decide about the career path that they want to be involved in. A common goal of an internship is to assure that students will get to have an idea of what kind of work they would want to pursue after graduation.
Duration of Internship
The allotted time for internship depends on the policies and guidelines of the academic institution where the student having internship is currently enrolled. A few internship duration are as follows:
- Some internships may be done during vacation or semester breaks, which can only last for a month or two. These kinds of internships are related to specific subjects, which is the reason why they are only done for a short period of time.
- Internships may also last for three to four months should it be the major internship requirement that the students need to fulfill during a specific academic year.
Aside from our internship student report templates, you may also be interested to browse through our Daily Construction Report Templates.