Administrative reports are made with the inclusion of a summary that highlights the key information being elaborated and discussed within the report. An executive report that is generated like an annual report to aid in the decision-making process of a business
Managerial positions rely on the executive report with an outline similar to the formal report sample on this website. Executive reports also have lawmaking information which supports the listed solutions and the recommendations stated. The following executive report templates in Word and in PDF formats can be downloaded as your reference in making an executive report for your business.
Executive Report Template
Free Executive Weekly Status Report Template
Monthly Executive Summary Report
Executive Summary Report
Chief Executive Officer
What Is an Executive Report?
An executive report, otherwise known as an executive summary report, contains brief explanations and analysis of a report or a proposal, which aids the reader in knowing what the content of the report or the proposal is in summary. This report may be included as a section or a separate document with short length as depicted on the sample expense report templates on this website.
Key Features of an Executive Report
The following are the features of an executive report as you may have noticed on the executive report template samples provided on this website:
- Short Body of Text – An executive report comprises more than 5% but less than 10% of the total length of the major report.
- Scope of Information – Provided at the start of the major report is an overview of the statements elaborated and discussed within the main report. An executive report may not cover only one document.
- Separate from Main Report – This report is read as a separate document from the report it represents. Even though an executive report forms part of a section on the main report, it is deemed separate due to the information it presents.
- Outline of the Report – The executive report has a similar outline as to how the information on the major report is arranged. There is a summary, a body, and a conclusion.
Executive HR Summary Report
Tips to Writing Executive Reports
It is essential to make a properly written executive report due to the fact that readers mostly refer to this report for information on a proposal, a business plan, or a management report. Here are the tips you can follow in order to achieve an effectively written executive report:
- Include the most vital information only. Since the executive report pertains to the brief summary of a major report, the information must highlight the most important points of the main report such as the problem, solution, and opportunity.
- Maintain a short length for the report. An executive report must be kept short in length but concise in content. Lay off redundant and excessive information to maintain the report in short length.
- Write the report similar to a marketing one. In order to grab the attention of the reader, you have to create the executive report just like selling instead of describing the report. Create the report similar to having sales talk.
- Instill professional tone all through out. Just like how the daily report templates are written, executive reports are also written in a proper outline and a professional language.
Take into consideration these executive report templates in order for you to create a well written executive report for your company. These templates are downloadable in Word and in PDF formats.