An accountant resume is indeed one of the most important documents that an applicant should have when applying in the field of accounting. Aside from an impressive accountant cover letter, a well-curated accountant resume can help an applicant stand out and be noticed by employers.
We have listed down a few tips for effective resume creation which you may follow if you want to be immersed in the field of accounting and you want to apply for a particular accountant position. Aside from the resume guide used in making accountant resumes, we have also curated a number of accountant resume templates and samples in PDF which you may use as references in making the specified document.
Senior Accountant Resumes in PDF
Best Senior Accountant Resume Sample
Assistant Accountant Resumes in PDF
Sample Assistant Accountant Cover Letter
1. Is an Accountant Resume Summary Statement Necessary?
Your accountant resume may or may not have a summary statement. If you want to learn more about this resume content, an accountant resume summary statement can be defined as follows:
- It is the initial statement that an applicant provides in the upper part of his/her accountant resume.
- Accountant resume summary statements are the phrases that provide a simple and precise discussion about the qualifications and professional experiences of a candidate.
- It is composed of at least two paragraphs that are specifically made to impress the employers and allow them to have a positive initial impression regarding the candidate.
Instead of using an accountant resume summary statement, a career objective may be used by entry-level applicants and those who lack professional work experiences in the field of accounting. However, if you have decided to create an accountant resume summary statement, here are some of the few reasons why it is necessary to be placed in your professional profile:
- This part of your resume will allow you to showcase your strengths which can be a way for you to have the approval of the people who will review your profile right away.
- Just like in actual communications, an accountant resume summary statement serves as the conversation starter between a work candidate and a prospective employer. With this, having this area on your resume can help you warm up the employers and let them see that you are truly deserving of an interview.
Chartered Accountant Resumes in PDF
Experienced Chartered Accountant
2. Guidelines in Curating an Accountant Resume’s Area for Work Experiences
The basic resume template that you will use in applying in the field of accounting should have a comprehensive and detailed area where you can discuss your professional work experiences. Some of the tips that you can incorporate in listing down your work experiences within the industry of accounting are as follows:
- Use a reversed chronological method in listing down your previous employment. The most current work position that you have handled should be on top of the list. More so, it will be helpful if you will identify the dates of your past employment so it will be easily understood by your prospective employer.
- Be precise in stating your previous work position. The accountant work position that you have placed on your resume should match with the position that has been stated in your previous employment certificates. You need to make sure that your job positions are precisely identified so to avoid misunderstandings especially if you will be considered for an interview.
- List down the businesses where you have worked for as an accountant. There are different areas and industries where accounting principles and activities can be applied. With this, you need to list down the companies that you have worked for and identify the industry where they belong. This is for the reason that there are different accounting functions that may be applied depending on the nature of operations of the companies where you have worked as an accountant.
- Be keen on the job functions that you will specify in your accountant resume. Compared to high school resume templates your accountant resume should be more detailed and appropriate for the job position that you are targeting to have. Use keywords that are aligned to the work processes that you have already experienced, the job functions that you were able to execute, and the operational requirements that you have immersed yourself into all throughout your employment in the field of accounting.
Junior Accountant Resumes in PDF
Junior Accountant Resume Objective
Junior Financial Accountant
Graduate Accountant Resumes in PDF
College Graduate Accountant Resume
Sample Resume for New Graduate Accountant
Construction Accountant Resume in PDF
Tax Accountant Resume Templates
Tax Accountant Resume Objective
Income Tax Accountant
3. Tips in Listing Down Your Skills in an Accountant Resume
Your technical skills can help you a lot in winning the attention of employers. Some of the key skills that you may list down in an accountant resume include the following:
- You need to have a broad scope of knowledge with account analysis, reconciliation, documentation and filing.
- It will also be helpful if you are detail oriented as there is a lot of information that you need to handle as an accountant.
- You should have analytical skills which can be applied in almost all accountant processes especially those that involve accounts receivables.
- You need to showcase accuracy and competency in everything that you do as you need to work with different employees who will need the precise information coming from the accounting department of businesses.
- Creating annual reports and other financial and accounting documents should also be seen in your skills set.
The tips that you may follow in curating your accounting skills are listed below.
- List down the most needed accounting skills required by your target job position on top of your skills listing.
- Make sure that you will be specific with the skills that you have. More so, always refer to your own qualifications and not on the items that are already present on a variety of templates.
- Just like when creating programmer resume template samples and Microsoft resume templates, place technical and specific terms that are related to the accounting operations where you have experiences in. This will give an impression that you are well aware of the functions that will be given to you by the company if they will hire you as an employee.
Entry-Level Accountant Resume Templates
Entry-Level Staff Accountant
Entry-Level Tax Accountant
Functional Resume for Entry-Level Accountant
Accountant Professional Resume Templates
Professional Senior Accountant
Professional Staff Accountant
Accountant Resume Objective
Objective for Tax Accountant
Objective for Project Accountant
Accountant Resume Formats
Cover Letter for Fresher Accountant
Experienced Accountant Resume Format
Production Accountant Resume Template
Property Accountant Resume
4. Inclusions of an Accountant Resume
Compared to a construction resume template, an accountant resume template should also contain all the details that are relevant to the technical operations of the business where the candidate is applying. The above-mentioned information may have given you a glimpse of the items that you need to give focus on in your accountant resume. To complete the list, here are the basic information that most employers look for when browsing through professional resume template samples used in the field of accounting:
- A detailed resume header. Having all the basic and contact information presented right away will help employers to have an easier time to address and contact you with regards to your application as an accountant.
- A career objective or a professional accountant summary statement. Using any of the two will depend on your experiences in the field of accounting. Use a career objective if you are new to the industry and opt for the usage of professional accountant summary statement if you have already gathered professional experiences in the field.
- Your professional work experiences in the field of accounting. Make sure that your work experiences can showcase your ability to provide the deliverable expected of you if you will be hired by an employer as an accountant.
- Your accountant skills, abilities, and competencies. We cannot stress enough how these items are very important. Your application will greatly depend on these items as you need them during the daily operations of the company where you want to be a part of as an accountant.
- The achievements that you have received as an accountant. Impress your prospective employer even more by listing the citations, awards and other achievements that you have received as an accountant during your previous employment.
- The training programs that you have attended. Having the knowledge area with different accounting operations can make you stand out from your competitors. Training programs should be listed on the latter part of your resume as it is not as important compared to your experiences and skills.
Your references may or may not be placed in your accountant resume depending on your own decision. Make sure to put these items in your accountant resume to receive favorable results during the initial stages of your application templates.