Teaching is one of the most tedious yet fulfilling jobs. As a teacher, you need to prepare a lot of things, ranging from your lesson plans to the teaching materials you need to use to make learning more interesting for your students. If you want to be a teacher, creating a teacher resume is one of the first things you need to achieve.
This post will provide you with different kinds of teacher resume in Word and PDF. Feel free to download any of our templates so you can have guides in making your own teacher resume. Each resume that we offer are curated to fit the particular teaching position you are targeting.
Free Teacher Resume Template
School Teacher Resumes
Elementary Teacher Resume Template
Sample Resume for High School Teacher
Resume for School Teacher Job
School Teacher Resume Format
Sample Teacher Resumes
English Teacher CV
Sample Resume for Teacher Job
Computer Teacher Resumes
Fresher Computer Teacher
Computer Teacher Resume Format
Primary Teacher Resumes
Primary School Teacher Resume Sample
Fresher Primary School Teacher
Experienced Primary Teacher
Suggestions in Creating a Teacher Resume
A teacher resume should be able to help you in your application undertakings. You need to make sure that your resume will contain information that are relevant to the teaching industry. It is on your decision on how you can curate a comprehensive teacher resume. However, we have listed a few suggestions that you may also consider in making this particular resume.
Some of the tips that you may follow in creating your professional teacher resume are as follows:
- Identify the kind of teaching position that you would like to have. A teacher can work as an employee of an educational institution that caters to students who are in early education. More so, there are also teachers who are designated to teach high school and college students. Knowing the kind of teaching post that you want to target will help you curate all the necessary information you need.
- Have a self-assessment of your qualifications. It is very important for your competencies and abilities to match the requirements of the teacher job position that you are applying for. As an example, teachers in an adult learning classroom, like a graduate school setting, should have more expertise and experience in the particular field. This will make the teacher holding that position more credible and particular suited to teach professionals.
- Know whether you want to apply for a contract-based teaching position or if you would like to make teaching a regular job. There are a lot of differences that you can put in your resume depending on the kind of professional residency that you can commit to an academic institution. Your resume should include your ability to handle particular subject units at a given time so your teaching commitment will be properly assessed.
- Identify whether you want to work for a private or public institution. Your resume should display your professional work experiences with the target market of the school where you are applying for. There are also different methods that are used in teaching for the two types of schools so you need to make sure that you are aware of those.
- Make sure that your resume can get the attention of your prospective employer. You need to have a strong and appealing teacher resume so you can stand out from your competitors. There are already a lot of applicants who would like to immerse in the field of teaching, from fresh graduates up to education professionals.
- Your resume should be able to highlight your experiences, expertise, teaching knowledge areas and your background in the processes executed in the field of education. You need to assure that your qualifications will be very helpful in the operations of the school where you would like to be employed.
- List your qualifications in a reversed chronological order. Your resume template should directly focus on your most current experiences so your job employment and past commitments should be listed that way as well.
- Be precise and accurate with your discussion may it be with regards to your professional teaching experiences or the companies that you have worked for. Your resume format should be strictly formal and must present your qualifications in an organized manner.
- Always review the content of your resume before sending it to your prospective employer. You need to make sure that your teacher resume template is error-free and that you have already completed all the items that you want to present.
Elementary School Teacher Resumes
Sample Elementary School Teacher Resume
Experienced Elementary Educator
Elementary School Teacher Resume Template
Elementary School Teacher Assistant
Teacher Assistant Resume in PDF
Preschool Assistant Teacher
Sample Teacher Resume Special Education
Kindergarten Teacher Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant
What Should I Focus on in a Teacher Resume?
A teacher resume template should highlight your skills and competencies. Mainly, this document should make your application out-stand other applicants who would like to be considered for the same position. Your teacher resume must have your qualifications which includes the processes that you can execute should you be hired by an academic institution.
Some of the things that you can give focus on in the content of your teacher resume include the following:
- Your ability to create lesson plans that are relevant to the learning process that should be implemented in the particular year level
- The practices and methods that you can apply to a classroom setting, especially in terms of project and test scoring, assessment of student development and learning progress
- Your knowledge on teaching and other instructional practices that can allow you to motivate the students not just to work harder but to work smarter as well
- Your knowledge on the planning and execution of curriculum development that can be used either in one semester or within an entire academic year
- Your creative and effective implementation of classroom management which can create a healthy, friendly and knowledge-centered learning environment
- If your educational attainment is related to the teaching job position that you are applying for, feel free to include it in your resume so you can have an additional credential which can help you to prove that you are aware of the basics of teaching.
Am I Qualified to be a Teacher?
If you want to apply for a teacher position, one of the questions that you should ask yourself is if you are fit enough to teach students and be able to uplift their motive to learn and be better members of the community through proper classroom and experiential education.
Some of the characteristics that you should have and you may present in your resume for teaching application include these items:
- If you are already in the industry of teaching, you need to have an extensive line-up of teaching experiences that have helped you to be molded as a qualified teacher. Your teaching methods should be developed through time but you still should be more than open for improvements.
- You must be dedicated in all the things that you will do especially those that are related in the field of teaching. You need to make sure that you have the heart of an educator and that you are more than willing to give your time and effort for the development of other people.
- You must relate well with the students in the age bracket of the year level where you will be tasked to teach. You need to understand the things that the students in these particular ages are experiencing so you can relate on the items that affect their learning enthusiasm, practices, and performance.
- You should have an innate education leadership. You need to be an effective leader and a listener at the same time. You need to naturally identify whether students are learning and if they are learning within the phase that you have set.
- You must have an idea of the subject that you will teach and you must have a grip on the items that you would like to share so you can make sure that your educational teaching are based on facts and actual practices.
Music Teacher Resume Templates
Professional Music Teacher
Private Music Teacher
Sample Elementary Music Teacher Resume
Instrumental Music Teacher
Pre-School Teacher Resume Template
Pre-School Teacher Resume Sample
Professional Teacher Resume Templates
Professional Teacher Resume
Elementary Teacher Resume Sample
Who Can Use a Teacher Resume?
It is not only regular academic teachers that can make use of teacher resumes when applying for a job position. There are a lot of work post applications where a teacher resume can be beneficial. A few of the job posts that you can apply at by using a teacher resume are as follows:
- Admissions Counselor. Though there are other kinds of education and professional resume that you may use in applying for an admissions counselor position, a teacher resume can help you to grab the attention of your employer. Being a teacher in your previous employment means that you are already aware of the processes of admissions as most teachers are immersed in these practices.
- Athletic Director. Being a teacher does not only focus on academics. If you are a sports coach or you would like to apply for an athletic director position, you can send a teacher resume to your prospective employer. This particular teacher resume must include your training techniques and your ability to handle, teach and mentor the athletes of an organization or an academic institution.
- Yoga Instructor. Teacher resumes can also be used by teachers who are in line with the processes of teaching health, fitness and well-being. A yoga instructor can make use of a teacher resume to highlight his / her professional yoga teaching experiences, the yoga practices that he / she is aware of, and the yoga hubs and centers where he / she has already worked.
- Tutor. If you would like to have a freelance teaching job or you want to be hired in a tutorial service provider business, you can use a teacher resume as well. You can include in your resume all the important items that are related to the tutor services that you have already given to different kinds of students that you have handled.
- Camp Counselor. There are teaching positions that are not only done in four-walled rooms or in a formal classroom setting. A camp counselor is a job position that allows campers to learn different things that may include the environment, professional relationships, group bonds, and individual ethics that can be helpful to the development of a person.
- Music Teacher. A music teacher is not only limited to a voice teacher. Music teachers who can use a teacher resume can also have their expertise in using particular musical instruments, song writing, and music track creation. A music teacher should give focus on his / her competencies and area of knowledge and professional practice when creating a resume template.
- Dance Instructor. A dance instructor should have a resume that can give information about the specific dance genre that he / she can teach, his / her experiences in the dance industry and the achievements of the instructor in the field of dancing.
- Special Education Teacher. The resume format of a special education teacher is the same with that of a teacher for regular students. However, the content of a special education teacher should be able to provide information on the special education teaching that the applicant has already experienced. A school must know how a teacher applicant can be of help to give the special needs of students especially in terms of particular conditions that are needed to be attended with.
- Art Teacher. An art teacher can be a position that handles the art class of kids in play school or in the early years of education. Moreover, an art teacher can also be an art professional who can teach students in college or in a specific study course about the application of art techniques and specific art methodologies.
- International Studies Teacher. An international studies teacher can be the professor of an international studies class. However, this teaching position can also refer to a teacher who is continuously traveling on different countries to teach different nationalities and to gain experiences in various academic teaching executions based on location.
If you are any of the above mentioned teachers, feel free to use any of the downloadable resume templates and samples of the teacher resume templates available in this post. We have several variations that we have placed at your disposal.
Just remember, however, that people of the academe usually have very high standards when it comes to recruiting applicants. This is because of the crucial role that teachers play in the lives of students. Expectations even skyrocket when it comes to teaching professionals. For this reason, you have to come up with the best possible application you can manage.