10+ Christmas Flyer Templates
As the internet continue to take over the largest share of advertising and communications in a relentless but predictable pace, you would think flyers, posters, brochures, magazines and print in general would tend to take a backseat but they still manage to survive these modern, digital, trying times. In fact many businesses still find flyers as one of the most effective and economical ways to reach their audience whether it’s for launching an event, a new product, service or all of the above.
Elements Of A Christmas Flyer
It’s beginning to get colder, the holidays are coming and while you think about how many people you’d be playing Santa to, you’ll soon realize that everybody from your workplace, to the shop owner across the street and your favorite restaurant or bar are planning for an event marking the holidays, in which holiday flyers would be very useful with the following elements:
1. Background: Set a background color corresponding to the party or event you’re planning to throw for paying guests, clients, customers, or employees. You may also want to work with your brand colors, otherwise, go with the event’s theme and choose your background color for the flyer accordingly. You can experiment with loud, vibrant colors to set the mood or go vintage with reds, greens and blues. Just remember that it should go with what you’re trying to sell.
2. Image: Use high-quality, professionally taken photos to your advantage. This means you should choose an image that would get people’s attention, five to ten seconds upon looking at, or receiving your flyer. If you want people to take your design seriously, it should be professional from top to bottom, and “making do” with just any photo you have, should be out of the question. In case you’re running out of options and don’t have the means or resources for a high quality image, you can use stock photos available on the internet.
3. Type: Large, bold, striking typefaces are a great, even they take up a large part of the flyer template since it will be easier for people to see the most important information of the material if the letters are big. Just make sure that the color contrast and the background of your design will still make the text readable.
4. Texture and Light: Using color and graphics without hesitation or limitations would obviously make up a good part of the design, but it’s still the smallest extra details which would appeal to the audience, especially that texture can be used to tone down a design which would appear a little over-the-top.
10+ Christmas Flyer Templates
Christmas Flyer Template Layout
Free Merry Christmas Flyer Design
Free Vintage Christmas Flyer Example
Christmas Flyer Sample Template
Free Creative Christmas Flyer Format
Available File Formats
Minimal Christmas Flyer Template
Modern Merry Christmas Flyer Layout
Vintage Merry Christmas Flyer Design
Christmas Flyer Sample
Christmas Party Flyer Template
Steps To Design An Excellent Christmas Flyer
It’s party season (cheers!), and there’s no better way to promote a fun event to gather an audience than with an a well-thought, well-designed flyer, whether in print format or circulated across multiple platforms online. To help you get started in creating one that looks special and stylish, you can read the following steps we have prepared:
1. First, be practical: Flyers may be a cheaper means of marketing by print but you should think about whether you have the money and the time for printing your flyer professionally. Mass printing can be of very good value and would give you more opportunity to be more creative as you can customize printable flyer templates in different sizes and finishes such as matte or gloss. However, printing them in small batches can be quite expensive and might force you to stretch your budget to what you will no longer be able o afford, so sort this out.
2. Make type the focus of the design: Flyers are designed to grab your attention, and they all share common features for doing just that. That’s not to say that you should compromise on the quality of the design for the sake of simply catching someone’s eye. One way of keeping the design classy and eye-catching is to make typography the primary focus of the design.
3. Use borders to separate elements: It’s okay if you don’t want to include an image or graphics on your flyer when you have a typographic design hat can do the job in catching attention. Just remember to add borders or ribbons, banners and dividers to separate the different elements of your design, otherwise, it might appear to crowded with a lot of information cramped together in one limited space.
4. Create your flyer campaign: Once you’re done designing your flyer, what comes next is the most important part of your marketing, which is its distribution. It’s not that much of a problem if you have a Christmas event organized for your own employees or family and friends, but if you’re looking to draw customers and are targeting a wider audience, you need to consider who is going to get to see or check your flyer.
Tips In Designing A Christmas Flyer
Whether it’s online, your shop window, door or the streets, posing a flyer for an event you’re planning to have would only serve its purpose if people see it. Fortunately there are ways in which you can make your flyer stand out and get the attention it deserves, by making use of typography, images and color and following these tips:
1. Metallic is always party-perfect: You can never go wrong with a touch of glamour and glitz to your design. If you’re looking for some added luxury and sophistication to win certain types of customers and convince them to the fancy party or event you have arranged, metallic colors are a sure hit. Gold, silver, copper, you name it. Metallics are the way to go.
2. Visual hierarchy: As a promotional tool, flyers should grab people’s attention faster than you can count to five, while having text or information that’s easily readable. You see, you’ll never get those precious seconds back once they’re gone and you don’t want to waste people’s time, so you should be able to arrange elements in order of priority. This means, the most important information should be highlighted on the layout and should appear more prominent than the rest.
Types of Christmas Flyers
Christmas or any other holiday or event flyers can be designed for specific reasons, whether it’s for a corporate event, advertising a special sale or party for guests or customers or simply bringing people together:
1. Advertisement Christmas Flyers: Christmas flyers of this type tend to focus on the information or event details rather than the design since they’re usually intended for promoting discounts, programs and products running on a very limited period.
2. Corporate Christmas Flyers: This type of flyer is perfect for promoting the company’s brand across a broad audience, although it could require more content than your regular flyer. It’s therefore better to use a calm and relaxing color scheme and focusing the “party” or event scene on other parts of the design to make it look more professional.
3. Photo-centric Christmas Flyers: Small and startup businesses who wants to build a great customer base in the community should be able to put this flyer to good use since it gives the designer a chance to experiment and combine colors with striking graphics to. You may want to start off with a bright color scheme and add in photos of your menu or product.
Christmas Flyer Sizes
- Half sheet: 5.5 x 8.5″. The half sheet flyer is most commonly used for its minimal print cost.
- Standard: 8.5 x 11″. This flyer size is the industry standard for flyer sizes.
- Large format: 11 x 17″. This size is perfect for documents that need to be folded such as over-sized leaflets
Christmas Flyer FAQs
How effective are flyers for marketing a Christmas event or shop promotions?
When you look at other promotional options, designing and printing flyers may not even make it to the top 5 or 10 on the list as social media and the internet in general takes up most of our daily activities. However, compared to other marketing strategies, it remains an enduring tool and marketing tactic without bleeding your budget and resources dry.
What is the best way to create a flyer that catches an audience’s attention?
Make the medium the message. Don’t try to show and tell what should already be obvious and focus instead on a refined message, making sure that what people read is structured well and convincing.
There are many ways for businesses to promote themselves depending on the size or type of organization. Advertising events through flyers honoring a holiday or an occasion can be extremely expensive but it’s also often the perfect time for businesses to gain more customers and build their brand.