Events is a term used for many different things—specific occasions, holidays, or even parties. It is one thing to organize an event, and it is another to invite people. Events can happen any time within the year. It can also vary from season to season, or they can be hosted just for fun. If you are looking to organize an event, then creating flyers is a good way to go when spreading the word around.
We have here a list of different event flyers for you to choose from and download which best suits the occasion. For invitation-related templates, we also offer generic Invitation Templates, Conference Invitation Templates, and Event Invitation Template samples here on our Design and Business pages.
Winter Events Flyer Template
Event Flyer Template
Summer Event Flyer Template
Free Summer Event Flyer
Free Event Flyer Template
Free Fall Event Flyer Template
Free Spring Event Flyer Template
Free Printable Event Flyer
Free Church Event Flyer
Free Event Planning Flyer
Bowling Event Flyer Template
Bowling Event Party Flyer
Free Bowling Event Flyer Template
Fall Event Flyer Template
Fall Festival Event Flyer
Autumn Fall Event Flyer
Fall Event Flyer with Leaves
Golf Event Flyer Template
Free Golf Event Flyer
Golf Event Birthday Party Flyer
School Event Flyer Template
Sample School Event Flyer
Free School Event Flyer
Flyers: What Are They?
In the simplest understanding, flyers are advertisements printed on paper. They are usually handed out and distributed through various ways. You can receive them through door-to-door mail, handouts during events, or even see them posted on walls and bulletin boards. Flyers are used in advertising and promoting events or products because they are versatile in terms of marketing. They are fairly easy to create, print, and distribute as well. They can be posted in certain locations to aim specific crowds which makes flyers an effective choice in advertising.
Flyers: Are They Effective?
No matter the purpose or target, flyers are surely an effective way of advertising and promotion. Consider the audience, message, and how you distribute your flyers before designing and customizing. Remember, the important element of a flyer is concise and legible content and information. Before getting started, here is a brief list on how flyers can benefit you:
- Increase your public reach. When owning a website, it is important to get exposure. The website may be a company website or a regular business website. With the help of flyers, you can drive the general public to your website with creative graphics and texts. An effective way by doing this is to make your readers curious enough for them to access your website and see what it’s all about.
- Promotion. With the aid of flyers, you can advertise an event or party. Be sure to add in the date, the name of the occasion, the venue and a reference to social media.
- Flyers can also encourage people to participate in competitions. By using bright colors and graphics, this is sure to get their attention. Now all that’s left is the details of the awesome prize. By doing so, you are giving the readers motivation to participate and compete.
- Nonprofit organizations can scout volunteers and ask for donations by handing out flyers.
- The most important aspect of a trade shows and conferences is attendance. What better way to achieve this than by spreading the word around with flyers.
- Let the whole town know about an upcoming community event through passing out flyers at school, parks, and post offices.
- One of the best places to hand out flyers is in a busy shopping center. This method is mostly used to promote an upcoming holiday event.
- For restaurants, flyers are a great way in letting customers know about any special promotions and where to find its location. This is great for establishments holding an all-you-can-eat buffet promo or hosting a live band.
- Organizations formed by activists commonly use flyers to get the word out about a certain cause or issue. One may have seen a flyer such as this. One example is about a flyer about a specific epidemic to raise awareness regarding prevention and how to seek help.
- A great way in using flyers for marketing a business is through coupons. But did you know that you can actually place coupons on flyers? Yes, this marketing style helps in driving more customers to a store or business.
- Use flyers as an advantage in advertising promotions and new sales for your business. Showcase your brand-new stocks with flyers to excite and attract customers to your store and purchase your products.
If you are looking for flyer templates, we also offer Grand Opening Flyers and Farewell party invitation flyers, which we offer free to download or for a minimal fee.
Christmas Event Flyer Template
Christmas Event Flyer in PSD
Free Christmas Event Flyer
Sample Christmas Event Flyer
Event Party Flyer Template
Free Event Party Flyer
Pirate Event Party Flyer
Professional Event Flyer Template
Free Professional Event Flyer
Professional Networking Event Flyer
Political Event Flyer Template
Political Party Event Flyer
Back to School Event Flyer Template
Free Back to School Event Flyer
Back to School Event Flyer in PSD
Charity Event Flyer Template
Free Charity Event Flyer
Sample Charity Event Flyer
Corporate Event Flyer Template
Corporate Seminar and Event Flyer
Corporate Event Planner Flyer in PDF
Church Event Flyer Template
Church Youth Event Flyer
Church Event Flyer in PSD
Music Event Flyer Template
Music Event Flyer in PSD
Free Music Event Flyer
Rock Music Event Flyer
Music Festival Event Flyer
Sample Music Event Flyer
Office Event Flyer Template
Open Office Event Flyer
Flyers: Who Can Benefit from Them?
Due to its easy production and budget-friendly aspect, businesses around the world look to flyers as a great marketing method. For the general public, flyers are usually distributed and passed around to announce and promote upcoming events. Other times, flyers are used to advertise certain public figures such as guest appearances such as meet-and-greet events held at local venues.
Here is a short list of who can gain benefits from using flyers:
- Nonprofit organizations
You can practically place flyers anywhere. Places where you have a “captive audience” are the most recommended choice. Here is another short list of the places where placing flyers are most effective:
- Examination and waiting rooms at dental or medical clinics
- School classrooms (for flyers targeting students or young children)
- Buses or other public transportation vehicles
- Bulletin boards in cafés, markets, and laundromats
- Windows of businesses such as shops or stores
- Any specific location where people will be standing in line
The examples given were all great examples of places where you can use your flyer’s exposure to the maximum capability. Since most of the places involve people having to wait their turn or rather staying still than moving, there is a high tendency for them to look around and find something to pass the time. This results to reading the flyer and thus effectively serving its purpose. The reason why these locations are recommended is due to the fact that they are commonly accessed by people every day.
Flyers: Why You Should Use Them for Your Special Event
Now that we have expanded your knowledge on the matter, it is now time to reevaluate the options provided and choose which flyer would best suit the event of your current situation. Before clicking on the Download button, here are some few tips and guidelines you may want to look through in confirming your decision in using flyers for your event.
- Attract the crowd. Flyers have great possibilities in terms of exposure. With this, promoting your special events can reach your audience efficiently. You can achieve this through:
- Door-to-door mail drop
- Newspaper insert
- Street distribution
- In-store distribution
- Think outside the box. When creating a flyer to advertise your event, there are limitless ways in getting creative with your design. You can make your flyer stand out but not too much as to overshadow the main message, whether it is about a sale or an opening event.
- By handing out flyers, you are allowing the holder to bring it home with them. This is a big benefit when using a flyer due to its tangible nature. The fact that customers can physically hold the flyer is halfway to sending your message across. The holders will get attracted to the design, thus making them decide whether to read or not. Once they do read the information in the flyer, you have achieved exposure. This is why it is important to make your flyer stand out to ensure that the hold will read the content and should be clear and easy to see.
- Additional options. You can also provide incentives such as coupon codes and vouchers. This is a great marketing scheme as well to boost up the holder’s interest in the event and also create awareness toward other people. A great example to add is by providing discount to the first 50 people who use a certain coupon.
- Keep track. By providing coupon codes, you can measure how successful and effective your marketing campaign is going. You may use your flyer as a measurement tool to keep track on how successful your event was and use this information for future reference. This is achieved by adding flyer numbers, custom links, and QR codes for you to monitor the success of your flyer.
For more helpful templates, you can check out our Action Plan Templates, event proposal templates, event planning templates for all your event planning needs.
Holiday Event Flyer Template
Winter Holiday Event Flyer
Sports Event Flyer Template
Free Sports Event Flyer
Outdoor Sports Event Flyer
Outdoor Adventure Sports Event Flyer
Multipurpose Sports Event Flyer
Fundraising Event Flyer Template
Sample Fundraising Event Flyer
Photography Event Flyer Template
Photography Wedding Event Flyer
Sample Event Flyer Template
Sample Community Event Flyer
Sample Event Announcement Flyer
Sample Fundraiser Event Flyer
Promotional Event Flyer Template
Multiple Promotional Event Flyer
Event Invitation Flyer Templates
Sample Event Invitation Flyer
Summer BBQ Event Flyer
Summer Event Party Flyer
Corporate Business Event Flyer
After digesting everything, you may feel ready to start working on your flyer. Don’t forget to define your campaign or message in order to have a successful flyer. The viewers would most likely have the questions What event are they promoting? or Are there any specific details to consider? Consider the steps in targeting the audience you want. If your event is aimed at students and other young adults, focus on the locations where this type of crowd usually hangs around. Pass around your flyers to people passing by and post them at bulletin boards.
To summarize, make sure to write a snappy headline or title; use colorful or striking visual elements; focus on the benefits of what you are offering; and do not forget to organize your page with borders, boxes, and contrast of colors. When designing your flyer, don’t go too overboard with wall-to-wall texts and images. Do add some space to make certain elements stand out and this helps viewers read with ease.
We also offer more event flyer templates, but for those looking for magazine-related samples, you can check out our Magazine Layout Templates and Newspaper Layout Templates for newspaper-related samples as well.