A business case analysis is a document that allows researches and other factual data to help in the creation of specific actions that are needed to be done by a company. It functions as a planning tool which enables the business using it to have a hypothesis of the result that they may get in specific transactions and processes.
The main purpose of a business case analysis is to clarify information and variables that are needed by the company and to create recommendations that will be helpful in achieving the desired goals of the business. Other than our business case analysis templates, you may also download our Business Gap Analysis Template.
Financial Business Case Analysis Template
Product Support Business Case Analysis Template
Project Business Case Analysis Template
Business Management Case Analysis Template
Objectives of a Business Case Analysis
The process that are involved in the business case analysis is meant to be done for the following purposes:
- It creates an analysis based on the facts that have been presented, and it allows an objective rationale to be applied based on the results of the documentation and results being provided by the study.
- It addresses the items that are needed to be changed in a specific process and it enlists the possible methods in which this changes may be done.
- It recommends alternatives that may be selected based on the comparisons that have been made and which processes are more effective than the others.
Variables Affected by a Business Case Analysis
Some changes may be done should the results of the business case analysis show that there is a need for one. The following variables will need to be subjected to the result of a business case analysis:
- The areas that will be under study through a specific business case analysis.
- The organization in which a business case study will be most beneficial.
- The processes of the business being affected by the results of the business case analysis.
- The people that are involved in the processes to be studied.
- Other functions and areas of the business that are affected with the mission of the business case analysis.
Other than our business case analysis templates, we can also provide you with a Market Analysis Template and Financial Analysis Template which you may use as references.
Business Ethics Case Analysis Template
Business Case Risk Analysis Template
Business Case Cost Benefit Analysis Template
Business Case Study Analysis Template
Creating a Business Case Analysis
Here are a few items that should be considered when creating and implementing a business case analysis:
- The problem that the business case analysis needs to resolve
- The background of the analysis and the context in which the entire study is based
- Knowledge on the current situation that is needed to be improved or changed
- Researches and in depth references that will allow the success of the business case analysis
- The description of the project initiative
- The strategic alignment of all the processes that a specific business case analysis is to do
- The mission and functional needs of the business case analysis
- The real assessment of the impact that a business case analysis can provide
- The operational timeline that is needed to be followed by a specific business case analysis
- The benefits that a business case analysis can give to its stakeholders
- The scope, constraints, and assumptions that can be driven from the business case analysis
Aside from our templates for a business case analysis, you may also be interested to browse through our Cost Benefit Analysis Template.