A gift acknowledgement letter is written by organizations who have received a donation from an individual or a company. It serves as a formal confirmation that the donation has already been given to them and can already be used for the purpose that it may serve the organization with.
If you have already received a donation from an entity, we can provide you samples of gift acknowledgement letter templates so you can have a guide in creating this kind of letter. Also, we have other downloadable Letter Template samples, which you may use as references in writing different kinds of letters for various purposes and processes.
2540+ Letter Templates in PDF | Word | Excel | Google Docs | Apple Pages | Google Sheets | Apple Numbers -START DOWNLOADING
Nonprofit Gift Acknowledgement Letter Template
Gift Acknowledgement Letter Template for Annual Fund
Charitable Gift Acknowledgement Letter Template
Gift Acknowledgement Letter Inclusions
A basic gift acknowledgment letter includes the following information:
- The date that the letter was written.
- The name of the entity who received the gift.
- The basic information about the entity to whom the donation is for.
- The person or company who made the donation.
- The kind of support being given or the amount of the donation.
- The purpose of the donation and how it can be of use to the operations and functions of the entity to whom it was given.
- A message of appreciation for the donation received.
- A message of acknowledgement that a particular donation has already been received.
Purposes of Gift Giving
A donation or a nonprofit gift may be given to an individual or an organization for the following reasons:
- It may be a help extended for the event that an organization will host to support an advocacy.
- It can be used for scholarships and other kinds of particular help that people need.
- It can be an annual pledge that a person or company committed him or herself into.
- It may be used to help in the daily operations and functions of a charitable organization.
Aside from our gift acknowledgement letter templates, you may also download our Acknowledgement Letter Templates for additional references.
Gift of Stock Acknowledgement Letter Example
Gift Received Acknowledgement Letter Template
Matching Gift Acknowledgement Letter in PDF
Importance of Gift Acknowledgement Letters
Writing a gift acknowledgement letter to be given to the entity who made a donation is important for the following reasons:
- It allows the person or the company who made the donation to know that the gift has already been received by the institution or organization to whom it is for.
- It helps in assuring that the exact amount of gift has been received by the organization.
- It creates a bond between the entity who made the donation and the organization or individual to whom the gift is for.
- It can provide information about the gift’s usage and how it can benefit the people who will use it.
- It serves as an act of appreciation for receiving a gift.
There are many other benefits that a gift acknowledgement letter can provide. If you have received a gift, make sure to write a gift acknowledgment letter to inform the entity who gave the particular gift that you have already received it. It can also serve as a way of showing your gratitude for the help being extended. Aside from our gift acknowledgement letters, you may also be interested to download our samples of Thank-You Letter To Parents templates.