On the search for a well-formatted and professional hardship letter? You’re on the perfect page. Most of the time, banks or any financial entities will be asking for a hardship letter before they will approve a certain transaction such as a short sale or a loan modification.
For some drafting a hardship letter can be a stressful endeavor. No need to worry. We here could provide you with an array of hardship letter templates, which are of great quality and content. It will truly hasten your transactions. To enrich your knowledge about hardship letters, we also have Sample Letter for you to check out and download. Feel free to check them out and download them.
Mortgage Hardship Letter Template
Financial Hardship Letter Template
Medical Hardship Letter Template
Short Sale Hardship Letter Template
Types of Hardship Letters
There are various types of hardship letters we offer on our website that you can choose from. It depends on a certain purpose. Let’s examine some of them:
- Mortgage Hardship Letter. In this type of letter, you have to provide statements and proof that you are qualified to be in a financial hardship. As a homeowner, for instance, you have to describe and substantiate your financial setbacks that resulted in your inability to comply with the payment of the mortgage.
- Medical Hardship Letter. In this type of letter, the applicant must provide the details about the financial hardship which resulted to the inability to pay the medical bills. In connection to this, the letter must clearly state a settlement offer. You must still provide the exact amount and the date and manner of payment.
- Short Sale Hardship Letter. In this kind of letter, you have to politely and genuinely express the reasons why you can no longer sustain the payment of the monthly mortgage payment. You have to provide proof and clear reasons for the inability to pay.
These are just some of the types of hardships letters we offer. There are still more. Aside from them, we also have Approval Letter Templates, which are also of great quality and content.
Credit Card Hardship Letter Template
Hardship Letter for Loan Modification Template
Hardship Letter to Creditors Template
Tips in Writing Hardship Letters
There are various reasons behind every hardship letter. It is used to explain your financial situation and the reasons for the delayed or even nonpayment of the monthly payments such as in the case of mortgages. In order to effectively write one, here are some tips that you may consider:
- Explain your hardship professionally and substantially. You have to ensure that you are qualified to claim financial hardship. Your financial difficulties must not be speculative but are actual and materially substantial. A financial hardship is typically a lose of income or expenses beyond your control.
- Keep it concise. It is advisable that your letter is limited to one page. It should not take much of the time of the lender. Ensure that the unnecessary and irrelevant points are deleted.
- Humility is the key. At the end of the day, it is still up to the lender if he or she will accept your request. Do not put the blame on your lender. Always observe courtesy and respect. You must accept the fact of your incapability.
These are just some tips that you may consider in dealing with hardship letters. On another note, you can also check out our Immediate Resignation Letter templates which are also of great quality.