A part of the academic curriculum of many educational institutions around the world is requiring their students to experience the professional field through applying for internships and spending a specific number of hours in providing their services to a company or any establishment related to their field of study.
Even if you are an intern and you have already finished the number of hours required for you to render internship, you still need to pass a resignation letter to let the company know that you are already going to stop in helping them with their daily operations. We can provide you with an internship resignation letter template and other Letter of Resignation so you can be guided in creating this kind of document.
158+ Resignation Letter Templates in PDF | Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages -START DOWNLOADING
Internship Resignation Letter Template
Internship Resignation Letter Format
Internship Resignation Letter Example
Letter of Application for Internship Example
Editable Internship Resignation Letter Template
Items Included in an Internship Resignation Letter
If you are already to resign as an intern, here are a few items that you need to include in your resignation letter:
- Your decision to resign as an intern and what led you to that decision
- The effective date of your resignation
- The number of days that you are still to render before the effective date of the resignation
- The relation of your internship to your course load and how it has affected your decision to resign
- The number of hours that you need for internship in a specific field and whether you’ve already spent enough hours to the company where you have rendered your internship services
- The job function and department that you are to leave
Other than filing your internship resignation, you may also provide an Internship Thank-You Letter as a sign of gratitude for the experience that the company have provided you in terms of providing you with the knowledge on how they operate and how the processes of their business are being run in a daily basis. This is actually not required, but it helps a lot especially in building a great professional relationship with the employer who have acquired your services for the duration of your internship.
Free Printable Internship Resignation Letter Template
Internship Acceptance Letter Template
Intern Welcome Letter Template
Reasons for Internship Resignation
Here are few reasons why interns resign from internship:
- They have already reached the number of internship hours that they are required to finish
- They need to report to another company for new internship
- Their internship program only specified a certain number of hours to be used for one company so they can allot more internship hours to other establishments
- The intern decided to just finish the internship and find a new one for personal purposes
Advantages of Providing an Internship Resignation Letter
The advantages that writing an internship resignation letter template are as follows:
- It allows you to showcase your professionalism even if you are still a student.
- It helps you to build a professional relationship with the company where you have provided your internship services, which may lead to an offer for a real job in the company once you finish your studies.
- An internship resignation letter may be used by the company as a reference in giving a feedback on how you end your internship with regards to the reports that your school needs.
Other than our internship resignation letter samples, you may also browse through our Thank-You Resignation Letters.