A letter of apology is generally written to try to win back a relationship after the writer has made a mistake or relatively provoked another party. It is used for both personal and business situations. An apology letter must be sincere and truthful. If it is not taken seriously, there is a huge possibility for it to fail.
It is a great way of putting down in words how you are feeling and trying to make a positive change from a negative action. When writing up a letter of apology, there are formal letter templates that you can use for a more concise letter writing. They are real-life samples that demonstrate how a professional writes an apology letter.
Formal Apology Letter
Business Apology Letter
Professional Apology Letter
Apology Letter to a Friend
Apology Letter to Teacher
How to Write an Apology Letter
- Determine what should be an appropriate start to your letter. It is advisable not to get too baroque with your words at the start of the letter. Make it basic as much as possible.
- Apologizing is a skill. So if you want to apologize correctly, you should be careful with your language. It pays to be conscious as you are writing your letter.
- Be sincere and genuine when you apologize. Don’t simply copy-paste some letter that you found on the Web.
- Close your letter with graceful feeling. If you don’t know how to end your letter, go for the basic “Sincerely” closing. You can also get a little more creative if you want.
- Apart from having it nicely printed, you also need to put important details such as your name, the date, your written signature, and other formatting needed in a formal letter.
If you are not sure how to properly write an apology letter, templates are always the best go-to. Here, we have Apology Letter Templates that are available for download. You can also check Business Letter Templates for more options.
Apology Letter to Boss
Apology Letter Example
Medical Apology Letter
Official Apology Letter
Apology Letter to a Customer
You Want More?
Here, we offer not just as a single type of an apology letter. There are a lot of variations to choose from. Below are other types of an apology letter templates that can be downloaded from this page:
- If you want to ask an apology to your boss, perhaps you’ve done something to upset him or her, our Apology Letter to Boss is perfect for you. Your boss will be grateful, for sure.
- If you want something more formal than the typical apology letter, then go for Formal Apology Letter or Business Apology Letter templates. These are ideal in a company setting.
- For a more professional touch, our Professional Apology Letter templates are the best choice.
- Want to ask an apology to your teacher due to poor grades or other reasons? Apology Letter to Teacher templates are here for you.
- If you’ve done something bad against your friend, choose Apology Letter to a Friend templates to poignantly express your regrets.
So when it comes to letter templates, whether if it’s for an apology or other things, you know exactly where to go. Our page offers a wide variety of template. We even have Best Letters to Boyfriend if you want to send romantic letters to your beau. Free Complaint Letter Template is another collection that you can also check out.