A nursing reference letter is used to provide recommendation to a nursing graduate who would like to enter the professional field of nursing. Moreover, it can also be used by licensed nurses for shifting from one hospital to another. A nursing reference letter may be written by people who have known and seen the work ethics and professional undertakings of the individual who will use the reference letter for job applications and other personal purposes.
We can provide you with samples of nursing reference letter templates so you can be guided accordingly in creating the specific kind of reference letter to be discussed in this article. Moreover, we also have downloadable Letter Template samples usable as references in creating various kinds of letters used in different transactions and processes.
Professional Reference Letter for Nurse
Free Nurse Practitioner Reference Letter
Nursing Character Reference Letter
Free Nursing Student Reference Letter
Nursing Student Reference Letter Template
Nursing School Reference Letter Template
Professional Nursing Reference Letter Template
Graduate Nursing Reference Letter Form
Nursing Job Reference Letter Format
Inclusions of a Nursing Reference Letter
A basic nursing reference letter includes the following information:
- The name of the person to whom the nursing reference letter is for
- The basic information of the reference and his or her relation to the individual who needs the nursing reference letter
- The purpose of the nursing reference letter
- The competencies of the individual that can be used in the business operations of the company where the individual is applying
- Other information that will be helpful to the individual’s application
Things to Highlight in a Nursing Reference Letter
If you are asked to write a nursing reference letter for someone, here are a few items that you may want to give focus on:
- The specialization of the nurse in terms of clinic or medical assistance
- The professional positions that the nurse have already handled and the companies where s/he has already worked
- The training that the nurse has attended and the programs that they knows how to implement
- The knowledge of the nurse in terms of patient care and customer services
- The ability of the applicant to manage emergencies and apply measures that are aligned with the guidelines of the company
- The technical skills and abilities of the applicant shown in various instances
Aside from our nursing reference letter samples, we have other samples and templates of Free Reference Letters, which you may also be interested to browse through and download.
Nursing Assistant Reference Letter Example
Nursing Scholarship Reference Letter Template
Nursing Reference Letter Request Template
Nursing Reference Letter Sample
If you are required to pass a nursing reference letter, here are a few people that you may ask to write the specific type of letter for you:
- Your training supervisor during your internship
- Any of your professors on major subjects during your academic practice
- The doctors that you have already worked with
- Your shift supervisor from your past employer
Importance of a Nursing Reference Letter
A nursing reference letter is deemed to be important for the following reasons:
- It allows your prospective employer to validate that all the information that you have stated are accurate.
- It helps your application to be more credible.
- The references that you have selected can state facts and information that you are not able to discuss during any of the application processes.
Other than our nursing reference letters, you may also download our Reference Letter Template samples usable as guides in creating reference letters used in different job applications at various fields of expertise.