Having a hard time starting your letter of pending payment? Have no idea how to word them in a positive tone? If your answers to these questions are a yes, then you’re on the right track. In here, you can select an array of templates and samples about letters of pending payment.
We all know that money can sometimes become a sensitive issue. In the world of loan or lending agreements, demand for payment is very significant. There is a need to notify the person subject for collection of pending payment so that he or she will have reasonable time to arrange payments for it.
With that, you can now start scrolling down to check out our letter templates.
Employee Pending Payment Letter
Pending Payment Request Letter
Pending Payment Reminder Letter
Pending Payment Letter to Client
Easy-to-Download Letter of Pending Payment Templates
A letter for pending payment can also be considered as demand letter or request for payment letter. These are done to avoid and, in some cases, notify those who have outstanding and overdue payments. Sometimes wording the letter can be difficult because demanding for money is quiet easy when verbally stated than in writing.
There is no hard and fast rule when it comes to letter of pending payment. It depends on the agreed period by the parties. Commonly, there are four stages:
- Preliminary/forehand reminder. Depending on the agreement of the parties, the letter for pending payment may be sent 7–15 days before the maturity date. In this way, the payer is given notice and ample to tender the payment.
- First past due reminder. In this stage, the payee was not able to pay on the said date of payment. In this case, he or she missed payment on the day of maturity. This type of letter request is then sent to him.
- 60-day past due reminder. In this stage, it is already 60–90 days past due. It is significant to send this type request to remind the payer of the pending payment.
- Final past due reminder. In this stage, the payment is pending for 120 days or more already. It is still advisable to send this one. You can also include your agreed legal actions in order to compel payment.
These are just some of the stages you need to take into account. If you’re looking for Payment Reminder Letter and Demand Letter templates, we also have templates for you.
Pending Payment Collection Letter
Overdue Payment Letter
Take Note in Wording Your Letter of Pending Payment
In every demand letter or request for payment, it is always advised to maintain a positive and calm perspective. This means that the letter must still be positively worded with the use of professional and polite tone. Here are some tips you may consider:
- Adopt a positive tone. It is very important that you communicate your request in positive manner. You should clearly outline the details and need payments to be done by the payer. It is always best to stay positive so that payer or your client for that matter will have the disposition that you still value your relationship with them.
- Be professional and direct to the point. Always be professional. Do not use negative language. For example, you can also add the legal actions that you may take against the payer who is already overdue. In the end, always state that the payer’s compliance to render the pending payment will be very much appreciated and would simplify the process.
These are just some of the tips that you may follow. If you’re looking for Notice Period Letter, just click on the provided link to access them.