A resume is a perfect representation of you and your achievements when you go out looking for a job. It is something that could summarize everything that the company needs to know about you. It is important to have a well-written resume since this will serve as first-hand information that the company could evaluate. The impression given on your resume will totally reflect you and your capabilities to be fit for a particular job.
So are you up for a new job? Are you currently thinking about changing your career path? Polish your resume or start drafting one now. You could make use of our Resume Templates and download any of your choice.
Free Printable Resume Templates
Free Printable Resume Form
Free Printable Resume Example
Free Printable Blank Resume
Printable Resume Example
Printable Resume Example
Printable Sample Resume for Construction Worker
Blank Printable Resume Templates
Printable Blank Job Resume Template
Blank Resume Format
Printable Resume Formats
Printable Sample Resume Format
Printable Blank Resume Format
Printable Simple Resume Format
Purpose of a Resume
A resume that is sometimes referred to as a curriculum vitae is important when you are looking for a job. It establishes the connection between you and your prospective employer. Your dream job could either be within or beyond your reach just by looking at a well-written or a poorly written one.
Your resume will serve as a marketing tool that will somehow build your career as an employee through mutual efforts and gains with the company and your employer as well. Take a look at this list and read through the purposes of getting a resume.
- Capable of getting employed. Your resume is basically an indication that you are capable to work for a specific position that they are looking for. Since you passed your resume and you see that you might get the job, companies will have the impression that you are capable of being part of a workforce.
- Meet company’s standard qualifications. Most companies do not include so much in their different job advertisements. Sometimes all that there could be are requirements for your to meet before you could apply for the job. Your resume will be your way to showcase that you meet their standard qualification and that you could tell them so much more of your skills when you earn an interview.
- Educational background. The purpose of a resume is to put down all your achievements on a piece of paper. What could be something that employers are really conscious about with their prospects is the educational background. It may seem like they would not ask for you to talk about it but rather read it from your resume. By just looking at the educational background, most employers would already know if an applicant is capable of the next stage of the hiring process.
- Skills and experience. There are skills that you eventually learn throughout your previous job experiences or even your internship experience. Experience and familiarity with the tasks is also an important factor that employers look into before deciding to hire someone. You have to be very detailed about your experience so as to trigger more questions for you and increase your chances of getting hired. Writing it all down in your resume could really help you get the job.
- Professionalism toward the job. Companies look into how well you have written your resume. This simply represents professionalism to them. Your choice of words would somehow matter on how which ones you haves used to come up with a convincing resume. To most employers, how you deal with a job in all aspects will matter. Your sense of professionalism will also indicate if you are willing to deal with the uncertain adjustments once you get the job.
A resume should serve all theses purposes when you start looking for a job. Taking note of all that’s mentioned above could already be a great step towards you getting your dream job.
Start creating your resume with a Basic Resume Format as you venture into unknown possibilities of employment. Any work or Job Resume that’s well written will get you started along with the given information on the purpose of a resume.
Printable Resume Template for High School Student
Free Printable Resume Template for High School Student
High School Student Resume Template No Experience
High School Student Resume Objective
Resume for High School Graduate
Printable Acting Resume Templates
Acting Resume Format
Acting Resume Template No Experience
Beginner Acting Resume Template
Printable College Student Resume Templates
College Student Resume Format in PDF
Resume Format for College Student with No Work Experience
Printable Job Resume Templates
Free Printable Job Resume Template
Blank Job Resume Template
How Long Is a Resume?
The length of a resume differs accordingly. It all depends on the skills and experiences that you would want to include. For most fresh graduates, they would also make use of an Entry-Level Resume which is usually just one page enough for their educational background and experiences. To those who have spent long years with their jobs and are currently applying for new ones, they might have a longer resumes compared to those in the entry level.
What is really the advised length of a resume? Does it have to be dependent on whether you are a fresh graduate or not? Or does it really vary in different cases?
There is no exact length for a resume, and there is no standard to it. However, most companies have online generated systems to review various resumes of applicants. The bulk of resumes could largely be filtered and there could be tendencies that not everything written on your resume will be read and evaluated. This unfortunate experience happens due to the number of applicant especially for specific jobs that look for a lot of employees.
On the other hand, there could also be employers that review resumes manually. Even if you are a fresh graduate and you’ve had so much experience before you, you could always opt for a longer resume; however, a simple graduate fresher resume is sufficient enough. And for those applicants who have done further studies and at the same time have several work experiences behind them, a good three-page resume could be just the right length.
How long your resume should be isn’t really much of the issue but at some point, companies might have a higher chance accepting a one page resume with all the necessary information rather than a resume done in pages that includes so much unnecessary information in it.
If you think you are qualified for a a sales job and you already have all the information you need for a resume, check out these Sales Resume and give yourself a chance to apply for the job you’ve always wanted.
Printable Medical Resume Templates
Printable Medical Assistant Resume Template
Medical Assistant Resume Objective
Medical Assistant Resume with No Experience
Printable Nursing Resume Template
Free Printable Nursing Resume Template
Printable Professional Resume Template
Free Printable Professional Resume Template
Printable Student Resume Templates
Printable Resume Template for High School Student
Printable Sample Student Resume Template
Printable Teacher Resume Templates
Resume Format for Teaching Job
Resume Format for Fresher Teacher
Resume Format for Primary Teacher
Elements of a Resume
You might wonder which information on your resume is unnecessary. Which ones really matter and which bits of information should you just skip? Your Resume should contain only those that is needed and it would also be a factor of crafting a well-written resume.
Here are the vital information that shouldn’t be missed out on every resume:
- Contact information. Your contact details are important to be disclosed in your resume as this would you the company’s way of communicating if they have clarifications with your application or, better yet, you are asked to come for an interview. Your email address and your mobile number should be a priority and that these information should be accurate so companies would not have a hard time looking for your contact details. Even if there could be a possibility that your resume gets to be reviewed through online generated systems, always make it to a point that your contact details are a priority and are easy to find.
- Cover letter. This may seem to look like an abstract in articles, but if a cover letter is written on a resume, it should be a brief summary of your education and your most recent work experiences. It should be placed at the beginning of your resume so the company gets to have an overview of what should follow through in your resume. Mostly, applicants would also consider this part as something that should be in the cover letter, which is separately written from the resume itself. Since one-page resumes are generally used, you might as well want to draft a resume along with the cover letter in the same page for easier reference and convenience of whoever reviews your resume.
- Skills and strengths. It would be very unnecessary to include information on your resume regarding regarding the skills that you need to improve as well as your weaknesses. You would not want any company to read these reviews on your resume and so you would really have to focus on your skills and strengths. You only have to include whatever skills are necessary and highly needed for the job. It would all depend on the position that you are applying for.
- Work ethics. It would certainly be an edge if you include a bit of information regarding your work ethics on your resume. This way, it attracts the company to ask more about what you can do in certain situations that calls for your principle of hard work once you get hired.
You have to assess yourself first before you sit down and draft your resume. You have to weigh on which strengths and skills you are most capable of and you also have to think through which abilities in you that would need improvement. Think about your previous job and think through the reason of what might made you resign.
Go through all of your experiences and achievement before you finally work on your resume. Input your capabilities to increase your chances of getting hired. Try out these Work Resume Templates for the perfect resume layout and for ready-made format of a well-written resume.