The owners of properties are naturally inclined to be protective of their domain. That is why whenever an individual or an organization wants to apply for a lease, the property owners often require them to submit the necessary credentials which would serve as proofs of the prospective leasee’s trustworthiness. If you are aiming to rent an apartment unit, a condo unit, or a corporate office unit, it would greatly increase your chances of being given the lease grant if you ask someone of authority to write a reference letter on your behalf.
Free Rental Reference Letter Template
Free Tenant Reference Letter Template
Rental Reference Letter From Friend
If you are the person being asked to write a rental reference letter, you need to pattern you letter according to the appropriate format and content for such a letter. To help guide you, refer to the Reference Letter Templates on this page.
Apartment Rental Reference Letter
Rental Reference Letter From Employer
Reference Letter for Apartment Rental
Reference Letter for Rental Application
Rental Reference Letter from Employer
What Is a Rental Reference Letter?
A rental reference letter is a recommendation letter which is written with the intent of convincing a property owner or a landlord regarding an individual’s fitness to lease his/her property. When writing this letter letter, make sure that you observe the following guidelines:
- Address the recipient formally and introduce yourself and the manner which you are related to the lease applicant. Also, use this opportunity to establish your authority. More often than not, the property owners would not give much weight to a reference letter which is written by someone who is not in the position to evaluate the applicant’s character objectively.
- Assure the owner that the applicant is financially stable.
- Enumerate the positive qualities of the applicant which can serve as a testimony of his/her ability to keep the property secured.
Who Can Write a Rental Reference Letter?
The following are the individuals who are usually asked to write a rental reference letter:
- A landlord of the previous establishment which has been leased by the lease applicant
- An employer of a lease applicant
- A colleague of a lease applicant
- A previous professor of a lease applicant
Aside from the rental reference letter we have on this page, we also have a collection of Sample College Reference Letter Templates, which can be accessed by clicking on the link provided.
Rental Reference Letter from Friend
Real Estate Rental
Sample Rental Reference Letter
What a Rental Reference Letter Necessary?
Here are the basic reasons why you must write a reference letter:
- To ensure the owner that you would not create chaos within the premises.
- To provide a testament of your trustworthy character in keeping the property free from damage or any liabilities.
- To assure the owner that you are perfectly capable of paying your rent on the date it would be due.
Aside from the reference letters we have on this page, you may also be interested in our collection of Sample Professional Reference Letters which are useful for your future referencing needs.