A resignation letter is used by an employee who has already decided to leave the job position that has been given to him/her by the company where he/she is currently working at. There are different Formal Resignation Letter Templates that may be used in creating a resignation letter that is professional enough to not harm the relationship of the employer and the resigning employee.
This post is a collection of different kinds of resignation letter templates that you may use as references in creating the resignation letter that you will submit to the management of the company once your decision to leave the business is already final.
Resignation Letter Format in PDF
Letter of Resignation Format for Better Opportunity
Resignation Letters for Personal Reason in PDF
Immediate Resignation due to Personal Reason
Sample Personal Reason Resignation Format in PDF
Why Do You Need to Write a Resignation Letter?
A few reasons why there is a need for resigning employees to write a resignation letter are as follows:
- Writing a resignation letter is a formal way of stating your decision to leave the company.
- It makes your resignation official as it will be kept as a record of the Human Resource department.
- Resignation letters can show your respect to the company that have given you different professional opportunities.
- A resignation letter can provide your reason/s for resignation.
- A resignation letter includes all the details that are related to the processes that you will undergo with regards to your resignation.
Aside from this post’s downloadable samples of resignation letter templates, you may also be interested to browse through and download our samples of Appreciative Resignation Letters for additional references in creating this specific document.
Resignation Letter Format with Notice Period in PDF
One Month Notice Period Resignation Response Letter Format
Employee Resignation with Two Weeks Notice Period
Professional Resignation Letter Formats
Best Professional Resignation Format
Professional Resignation Sample with Notice Period
Formal Resignation Letter Template
Formal Resignation with One Month Notice
What Should Be in a Resignation Letter?
The important items that should always be present in a resignation letter are as follows:
- The date that the resignation letter was given by the employee to his/her immediate supervisor
- The names and job positions of the people who are expected to receive the resignation letter
- The name of the resigning employee
- The professional information of the resigning employee which includes:
- His/her job position
- His/her work description
- The department or division of the company where he/she is assigned
- His/her date of employment and the time duration that he/she has rendered professional services to the company
- The effective date of the resignation
- The reason/s of the resignation
- The number of service rendering days that the resigning employee is willing to undergo
If you will resign at an earlier time from the date of your resignation letter submission compared to the regulations followed by the company where you work, you may download and use our samples and templates of Two Week Notice Resignation Letters as references in creating your resignation letter.
Email Resignation Letter Templates in PDF
Employee Email Resignation Sample
Director Email Resignation Template
Email Resignation to HR
Official Resignation Letter Templates
Official Job Resignation
Official Formal Resignation
Official Email Resignation
Three Ways to Write a Resignation Letter
The three ways to write a resignation letter are as follows:
- You may create a physical resignation letter that you may personally hand to your immediate head, Manager, and/or Human Resource personnel
- You can also create an electronic resignation letter by writing your resignation message in the body of an e-mail.
- You can use a resignation letter as a digital attachment to accompany your resignation e-mail.
What Should be Included in a Resignation Checklist Before Leaving Your Job?
Before you leave your job, make sure that you have already executed these items included in your resignation checklist:
- Assure that your resignation letter has already been received by the entities that need to be aware of your resignation.
- Talk to your immediate head regarding your decision to resign.
- Make sure that you have already discussed the processes of resignation to the Human Resource department of your company.
- Be sure to finish your exit clearance so that you will have a smooth flow of resignation.
Resignation Letter Template
Sample Resignation with Reasonable Notice
Teacher Resignation Letter Templates
School Teacher Resignation Template
Preschool Teacher Resignation
Teacher Retirement Resignation
Immediate Resignation Letter
Immediate Email Resignation
Nurse Immediate Resignation Format
Acceptance of Resignation Letter Templates
Non Acceptance of Resignation
Acceptance of Resignation Request
Manager’s Acceptance of Resignation
Employee Acceptance of Resignation
Job Resignation Letter Template
New Job Resignation Template
Professional Job Resignation Template
Part-Time Job Resignation
Nursing Job Resignation Format
Guidelines in Creating a Resignation Letter
A few of the suggestions that you may follow in writing a resignation letter are as follows:
- Use a template that you may use as a guide in creating your resignation letter. This will allow you to have a more structured and well-curated resignation letter.
- Assure that all the important information that we have listed above are present in your resignation letter to make the document comprehensive.
- Use a professional language in creating the content of your resignation letter.
- Make sure that you will show your appreciation to the professional growth that the company has given you.
- Wish the company its future successes even if you will no longer be a part of it anymore.
- Be precise with your decision to resign.
- Make sure that you will execute and follow all the items that are present in your resignation letter especially in terms of service rendering and the effective date of your resignation.
If you want to send a resignation letter through e-mail, you may use our downloadable samples and templates of Email Resignation Letters as references in creating this specific kind of resignation letter.