When looking for a job, the stress and anxiety don’t end after submitting your documents, it doesn’t even end after you get interviewed. Waiting to get called again for a job offer is part of that stress and anxiety because you’ll never know if you got the job or not.For employers, notifying an applicant that they didn’t get the simple job is important, but it can be difficult to think of what to say. When writing an Application Letter for rejection, it is important to keep it brief, polite, and direct.
The applicant may get disappointed no matter what, but a well-written rejection letter can soften the impact and encourage the applicant to continue with their job hunt.
217+ Company Templates - Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Excel, Adobe Photoshop (PSD), HTML5, WordPress, Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI), Apple Apple (MAC) Keynote, Google Slides - START DOWNLOADING
Job Applicant Rejection Letter After Interview
Standard Job Applicant Rejection Letter
Job Applicant Rejection Letters
If you are working as a hiring manager, receiving job applications is something you deal with on an everyday schedule. When you find a suitable application for a position, you send an interview schedule to the candidate. It is also equally essential for you to send rejection letters to the other candidates who are not selected in the required position. Sending rejection letters to applicants will make you look that you are doing your job as a hiring manager. In doing so, you are letting the applicants know that they are not selected for the job and also, giving them options to look for other opportunities in their career.
Professional Job Applicant Rejection Letter
Email Job Applicant Rejection Letter
How to Write a Job Applicant Rejection Letter
- Use the letterhead provided by your company. If you work for a large company, use the letterhead provided to you. If you do not have a company letterhead, create your own letterhead by placing the organization’s logo at the top of the document or include a header with the organization’s name on it.
- Plan to keep your letter simple and direct. Rejection letters should be short and polite. The whole letter should not be more than a page and should be around one to two paragraphs long. Remember that the applicant has probably been anxious to receive something from your company, so the cover letter should be as short and direct-to-the-point as possible.
- Thank the applicant. Be gracious and make sure to thank the applicant for applying for the position. Also, thank the applicant for taking the time to get the interview for the position and for having the interest to join the company.
Free Job Applicant Rejection Letter
Job Applicant Rejection Letter Before Interview
Funny Job Applicant Rejection Letter
Internal Job Applicant Rejection Letter
How to Write a Job Applicant Rejection Letter (cont’d)
- Include something supportive. Make sure that you include something about the applicant’s good qualities and qualifications. Let them know that they were well-qualified and that it was hard to make a decision because of all of the high-quality applicants.
- Finish with a salutation and a signature. Close the letter with a brief note of thanks, a respectful salutation, and an Email Signature. Try to send the letter as soon as you have chosen another applicant, as many applicants will be waiting for a response and may be holding off on other applications while they wait.
Why Download our Templates?
These templates were selected from among the best ones on the internet and were written by knowledgeable professionals. You may be able to easily download these templates for free, and you can choose to save it in either Doc or PDF. These templates are also fully editable as long as you have the needed programs to open it such as MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.