A recommendation letter is simply a document used to recommend someone. As simple as it is understood by many, it includes a wealth of information with it. It includes an individual’s skill, experience, capabilities, characteristics, qualities, and many more. One can recommend another in terms of jobs, scholarships, promotions, and school admissions.
Personal Recommendation letters are thoroughly assessed and deliberated upon; therefore, it is only fitting that it should be written carefully with correct and accurate information. Such a letter should not only convince recommendation but also properly deliver what it should. In other words, there is so much effort done in crafting Letters of Recommendation.
Manager Recommendation Letter Template
Nurse Recommendation Letter Template
Sample Professor Recommendation Letter
Formal Preschool Teacher Recommendation Letter
Project Manager Recommendation Letter
Simple Recommendation Letters for Employment
Recommendation for Employment from Manager
Simple Recommendation Letters for Student
Letter of Recommendation for College Student
Letter of Recommendation for Student Scholarship
Recommendation Letter for College Student
Letter of Recommendation for Student Internship
Simple Recommendation Letters for Job
Personal Recommendation for Job
Recommendation for Job Promotion
Who Are Involved in Recommendation Letters?
There are mainly 2 parties involved in recommendation letters. Below is a brief elaboration on how these parties form part of a relationship established with recommendation letters.
- Reference. This is the person who provides the recommendation. The reference is usually in the person of former employers, teachers, managers, and possibly all those who have subordinates under them. One who has direct supervision over someone is believed to have authority to make efficient recommendation letters.
- Person to be recommended. Anyone could ask for a recommendation for purposes of pursuing other endeavors. While it does not directly follow that all subordinates fall under this party category, majority of people who wish request for recommendation letters are those that need validation from those with higher positions.
What’s in a Recommendation Letter?
It is important that you are aware of the inclusions of a recommendation letter. Your aim is to craft an effective recommendation letter if you are the reference. On the other hand, you also have to make sure that a recommendation letter intended for you should be well polished and written.
Here’s what your recommendation letter should contain:
This part should include an introduction about yourself as the reference. It is in this part that you construct a well-written paragraph or two that would convince your readers how capable you are of making such recommendation.
On another part of your introduction, start introducing the person whom you wish to recommend and be recommended. You could add a few details about how well you know each other or how much you have witnessed on the person’s skills and experience.
Either way, this part is important since this is your chance to establish two characters. The introduction should always be enticing so your readers would be interesting to keep going through your letter. You also have to include open-ended details that could encourage questions hence further explanations and credentials.
After you have given an overview in your introduction part, proceed by enumerating more on the person’s skills and experiences. You have to write down as much as you positive contributions and abilities as you can to support what you have in your introduction.
You could also add further attachments as per person’s achievements, accomplishments, and contributions in terms of certificates and recognition. Preponderance of which only supports your claim more. You could also include all positive aspects that you see in the person and prove how much he or she deserves your recommendation.
Lastly, you should not forget your intention for writing your letter in the first place. Reiterate that you would like to respectfully recommend someone all because he or she is worthy of it with all the credentials that you have provided. One should not hesitate as to what degree you would surely recommend a person.
Don’t forget to check below and browse through our Letter of Recommendation for Employment templates. Each Employee Recommendation Letter template could come in a variety of style in terms of either format or content.
Simple Recommendation Letters Format
College Recommendation Letter Format
Business Recommendation Format
Formal Letter of Recommendation Format
Professional Recommendation Letter Format
Simple College Recommendation Letters
College Recommendation from a Friend
College Admission Recommendation
College Application Recommendation
Simple Personal Recommendation Letters
Personal Letter of Recommendation for Graduate School
Letter of Recommendation for Personal Assistant
Personal Recommendation Reference Letter
Simple Recommendation Letters for Nurse
Letter of Recommendation for Nurse Practitioner
Recommendation for Nurse from Doctor
How to Write a Recommendation Letter
You have to be keen with your preparations before you write a recommendation letter. You can’t just simply put all the information in one setting and let your reader figure it out. You have to at least organize your intentions before you could proceed.
Here’s how you should write a recommendation letter.
Create a Draft
You need to do a bit of research and a getting to know with whom you want to refer. You also get to clarify things before finalizing it in an organized letter. Your draft should contain an outline at the very least. This way, you would know which parts of your letter should contain certain information.
Use Business Letter Format
Always use standard format when communicating formally. This is the first step in creating a presentable and effective recommendation letter. Business letter format also includes polite salutations and greetings as you start your letter.
The body of your letter contains the most vital information that could either make or break your intentions. Make sure you polish this part and carefully think through of what it should contain. It is in the body that you could either make paragraphs or enumeration of skills, abilities, experiences, assets, and all positive attributes that would establish the character of whom you want to refer with a positive impression from your expected readers.
You could also include a transition of achievements and accomplishments that will definitely continue to increase your chances of getting what you want out of that recommendation.
Bear in mind to be consistent with formal and polite tone in your letter. It also helps convey a positive mindset on the part of the reader. As you approach to a close in your letter, provide words of assurance of your recommendation. You could also incorporate your personal reasons for choosing to recommend a certain person.
A good recommendation letter always contains everything mentioned above. You should not miss on important details so you wouldn’t miss on the opportunity as well. Check out our template samples on Letters of Recommendation for Internship and see how accurate its content is.
Tips on Writing an Effective Recommendation Letter
There are ways that could make it easier for you to come up with more sensible recommendation letters. Aside from following through the basics, heed these tips as you consistently improve writing effective recommendation letters:
- Be straightforward with your facts. Do not make it reach to a point that your reader tends to doubt all the information that you have enumerated. While it is right to state as many positive recommendations as you can, always make sure you back up your information with facts. Be accurate with everything that you put from dates, educational background, postgrad degree, institutions, and a lot more.
- Be organized and neat. If you’ve opted for enumeration in one part, you might as well write in enumeration for the rest of the credentials. You can’t just write in paragraphs and shift to bullets at some point.
- Be brief and concise. Do not add to much flowery words and unprofessional terms. It only makes your letter less believable. Your choice of words is extremely important as this too will be a reflection of the person you wish to recommend. When you are direct with your words, readers get directly to the point as well.
Our page guarantees letter templates that will surely help you organize your intentions and facts. See for example our Internship Recommendation Letter template and assess if this could be just the right one for you.
Recommendation Letters Request Template
Letter of Recommendation Request Form
Recommendation Request for Teacher
Letter of Recommendation Request for Professor
Recommendation Letters from Professor
Recommendation Request from Professor for Student
Letter of Recommendation from Professor for Job
Recommendation from Professor for Medical School
Recommendation Letter from Professor for Internship
Recommendation Letters for Graduate School
Sample Recommendation for Graduate School
Formal Letter of Recommendation for Graduate School
Personal Recommendation Letter for Graduate School
Recommendation Letters for Friend
Training Recommendation Letter for Friend
Employment Recommendation for Friend
Simple Recommendation Letter Templates
Included in this page are a lot of recommendation letter templates to choose from. Now that you know how much of a responsibility it is to write recommendation letters, it is proper practice that you look into our templates and observe how each one is structured according to many purposes.
Downloading these templates will surely save you a lot of time. Skip with drafting from scratch and just make good use of our templates.
- Our Recommendation for Employment from Manager Template guarantees you that a former employee that you recommend would have a higher chance of getting what he or she wants to pursue with the help of a well-written recommendation letter.
- We also have a Letter of Recommendation for College Student Template that suggests recommendations for a particular student’s admission to a particular university or institution. By enumerating accurate credentials presented through this template, you are assured of a helpful recommendation letter for college students.
- This Letter of Recommendation for Student Scholarship Template that we showcase on our page provides idea of all the potential from a student who deserves a scholarship. If you feel like you cannot put into words all that you want to express, this template could fill in the void for you.
- Others might also want to download our Personal Recommendation for Job Template that is intentionally made ready for those who wish to endorse and recommend people personally. With the appropriate information available for you, you would only need to download this template and you’re good to go.
Only here at Template.net do we provide Letters of Recommendation for a Job that are made with quality and guaranteed accurate content. You could even try our Employee Recommendation Letter templates and get the best out of what is ideal to use for you and for future circumstances that you could possibly be in.