A monthly report is an organized written document set to keep and update matters that could range from financial report submissions to existing status of various projects. It is designed to create a summary of what transpired within a month’s time.
Monthly reports could keep track on anything be it through an incident report or an executive report depending on the industry it is generated from. There is no fixed format for any monthly report of its own purpose. Monthly report format templates on this page might be ideally put to good use to serve any purpose best.
HR Monthly Report Templates
Free Monthly Report Template
HR Monthly Activity Report
HR Monthly Review Report
HR Monthly Leave Report
Maintenance Monthly Report Templates
Monthly Building Maintenance Report
Monthly Equipment Maintenance Report
Monthly Landscape Maintenance Report
Monthly Sales Report Templates
Monthly Sales Activity Report
Monthly Sales Analysis Report
Monthly Sales Report Sample
How to Write a Monthly Progress Report
A monthly progress report is similar to an actual monthly report. Although the former is created to particularly track progress, monthly reports are still about tracking activities whether stagnant or progressive.
If you are interested with the specifics, follow these steps on how to write a monthly progress report:
- Header – A monthly progress report should be written with a portion for identification. The header mainly includes the title and a brief description on what the progress is all about. Similar to how one utilizes an accident report template, the header is convenient to readers.
- Executive Summary – The overview on the significant progress and the monthly report in general should be orderly in an executive summary. Every report template or report sample is most effective with an executive summary since the current status of a report is determined through writing.
- Progress Variables – Due to flexible purposes, variables in a progress report could be just about anything. If you’re using a school report template, variables on its relevant monthly progress report could be about progress in attendance, project completion and more.
- Conclusion – A conclusion for every month will be a helpful basis for the monthly reports to be made in the next succeeding months.
Monthly Progress Report Samples
Monthly Student Progress Report
Monthly Project Progress Report
Monthly Work Progress Report
Monthly Safety Report Templates
Monthly Business Safety Report
Monthly Contractor Safety Report
Monthly Safety Inspection Report
Importance of a Monthly Report
Different industries require monthly report submissions mainly because it is important and a necessity to keep specific operations accurately monitored. Even calls could be reported monthly in a report example or a call report template for the sole purpose of its significance toward a specific industry.
Monthly reports are not generated merely for the sake of it. It is needed since it could be a main source of summary and documentation in almost every aspect. It could track on different areas of responsibility which need improvement and it could also help determine whether there are issues and concerns that need to be addressed as each month progresses.
Types of Monthly Report Formats
Monthly reports can be delivered in various forms. It may be created out of convenience, available resources, and many other means. There are only 3 types of monthly report formats that are commonly used.
Each one is elaborated as follows:
- Memo – For easier circulation and information dissemination, a monthly report could be distributed in a format of a memo. This type of monthly report format is ideal for short monthly reports. A memo format goes around like a flyer that could be easily read by people concerned.
- Letter – Any type of letter makes a good monthly report format. This type of format is perfect whenever monthly reports need to reach specific people only. A letter could directly be addressed to people involved for specific matters regarding the monthly report.
- Email – Sending a monthly report in an email format is one casual way of correspondence. It is anticipated that whenever monthly reports are sent via email, there are a lot of recipients expecting it. It would also be convenient to distribute and concerns could also be raised in reply to the same email sent.
Monthly Financial Report Samples
Monthly Financial Management Report
Sample Monthly Financial Report
Monthly Financial Performance Report
Monthly Performance Report Templates
Monthly Performance Report Sample
Monthly Employee Performance Report
Monthly Business Performance Report
Monthly Work Report Samples
Employer Monthly Work Progress Report
Monthly Work Report Sample
Monthly Work Status Report
Monthly Audit Report Templates
Monthly Internal Audit Report
Monthly Safety Audit Report
How to Write a Social Media Report
Everything you find relevant on social media deserves to be reported base on your own or within an specific industry metrics. If you’re planning to use a report sample in Doc of PDF file format for your social media report, you must at least familiarize the steps on how to write one.
Here are steps on how to write a social media report:
- Report Delivery – How you deliver your report will greatly depend on what is required from you. In social media, reports should be supplied with as many information as possible.
- Data Presentation – As a final step, data presentation should be smooth in a way that it is easily understood by targeted audience and stakeholders.
In instances where you will be tasked to submit social media reports on a monthly basis, you are always free to do so. All you have to do is perform the same thing yet summarize everything that you have obtained in a month and make a sound conclusion out of it.
Business Monthly Report Samples
Small Business Monthly Report
Monthly Business Expense Report
Construction Monthly Report Samples
Monthly Construction Progress Report
Construction Management Monthly Report
Monthly Construction Site Report
Employee Monthly Report Templates
Employee Monthly Progress Report
Employee Monthly Leave Report
Employee Monthly Activity Report
Marketing Monthly Report Templates
Monthly Marketing Performance Report
Monthly Marketing Report Sample
Nursing Monthly Report Templates
Nursing Monthly Report Sample
Nursing Monthly Activity Report
Office Monthly Report Templates
Monthly Office Manager Report
Office Administration Monthly Report
Monthly Project Report Templates
Monthly Project Status Report
Monthly New Project Report
Monthly Project Status Report Sample
How to Create a Monthly Financial Report
A company that does not observe submission of financial reports is probably an unhealthy company in terms of its financial status. A monthly financial report is important to keep every member in a certain company updated of all the balance sheets, income statements, and cash flows.
Below are quick and easy steps on how to create a monthly financial report:
- Expense Summary – Simply review ledgers, receipts, and other proof of transaction. List a breakdown of expenses and tally each item accordingly. This summary should encompass everything that a certain company spent on. Include expenses reflected in a company service report template.
- Report Draft – A draft is recommended before finalizing a monthly financial report. A report format could also be identified through a report draft.
- Overall Assessment – The overall assessment is likely to be contained in a finalized copy of a monthly financial report. This should already be able to highlight the main costs and expenses that are relevant in financial reports.
A monthly report used for a specific purpose is guaranteed to deliver what is expected from it when it is written in an organized manner. More so, it is effective when all areas of concern are reflected accurately.