Being accorded with an amount of money for future projects or for a scholarship does not only end in accepting the money being granted to you. You have the responsibility to submit a report to the grantor regarding how the money is benefiting the entity or the person afforded with a scholarship. This report template is called a grant report.
218+ FREE REPORT Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Apple Numbers, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
The Report Format of a grant report varies depending on what type of grant has been permitted. This report can be presented as a Quarterly or an Annual Report as presented on the different downloadable sample templates of grant reports on this page for your perusal.
Writing a Grant Report
Writing a report of how the grant is being used is a must even if the grantor does not require one. With regard to a grantor’s need of information, a grant report may be made on a specific period of time similar to Weekly Activity Report Templates. A common grant report has the following information:
- Report date :This refers to the date the report is submitted. A date is always provided same as shown on the Executive Report Templates.
- Organization and grant details : This section shows the authorizing official and the contact person, the entity’s contact information, the amount of the grant given, the funding period, and the period covered by the report.
- Narrative report : This part shows the progress in achieving the desired results of the project, the problems faced, the solutions made, and the benefits of the grant.
Tips on Making an Effective Grant Report
Here are some tips on making an effective grant report:
- Use subheads and bullet points : Make the report easy to read for the grantor by highlighting the major sections of your report with headings and bullet lists.
- Include testimonies and reviews : Incorporate the stories of the people who benefited from the project.
- Be able to meet the deadline : Be punctual in submission of the grant report as set by the grantor.
- Express gratefulness : Do not forget to say your thanks to the grantor for the support they have given.
Preparing the Final Grant Report
After the period the grant is funded, a final grant report is made. This shows in full how the grant has made changes to the entity and to the people who benefited the grant. Here are the following key components:
- Financial statements : This section shows how the grant was utilized. Using the accounting statements will explain in numbers to the grantor the impact on the entity’s financial condition when the grant was being accorded.
- Activities funded : The projects being funded using the grant should be explained in brief detail on this section. Reports on the activities that can be generated using Daily Report Templates can be used to have the information on this section.
- Learning insights : It is impossible to acquire a 100 percent success rate on projects. What’s important is what you learn in the process. Indicate them on this section of the report.
- Future plans : Let the grantor see what you are planning to do next on your current or upcoming projects.
Creating an effective grant report will reflect a good side of your entity. Do not forget to be honest on the information being presented because having a good grant report will increase encouragement for the grantor to continue giving grants on your entity’s activities.