A report can be defined as an article that is written or an account of something that one has seen, heard, done or studied upon at some point. It could be of a particular subject matter after an investigation or examination of issues. It could also be a record of everyday events that might have occurred within a certain organization or findings from an experiment.
Business Report Template
Get anyone up to speed regarding your business with the use of this business report that is available for instant download anytime and anywhere. Business reports such as a business plan are used in informing potential investors about the finances of your business. Information from a business report can be used in making informed decisions regarding the business. To put it simply, this business report protects your interests serving as hard evidence for any transaction. Download it now!
Business Report Sample Template
Information is key to success in business. Getting this above-mentioned sample report template will help you raise your efforts into a whole new level. With this at your disposal, your experience in creating a business report will now be much easier and faster. It already has pre-existing content and designs that can only be described as suggestive and high quality. All you need to do is customize it all to better suit your specific needs. Check it out now!
Analytical Report Template
Analytical reporting is a kind of business reporting that serves to help its users make important decisions. Through this document, you can reap not only the right information but also some much-needed analysis. Other things that you can expect from this would be the inclusion of recommendations, which is what truly separates analytical reports from the informational ones. You can also browse through any of the samples given here. There are also many report samples in Word that can be of great help to you Try it out now!
Event Report Template
Short Business Report Sample Template
Company Report Template
Annual Report Format Template
General Incident Report Template
Formal Report Template to Edit
Simple New Business Project Report Template
Service Report Template
Sales Activity Report Template
Daily Construction Report Template
Event Report Template in Google Docs
Simple Expense Report Template
Short Business Report Template
Monthly Marketing Report Template
Simple Weekly Status Report Template
Sample Daily Report Card Template
Blank Report Card Template
Incident Report Sample
Workplace Incident Report Template
Security Incident Report Template
Security Incident Report
Employee’s Incident Report
Project Report Sample
Project Expense Report Template
Weekly Project Status Report Template
Project Handover Report Template
Final Project Report
Monthly Project Report
How to Write a Report?
To write a report, you have to include a few elements in it to make it worth reading. These elements are mentioned below for your perusal. They will ensure you lead your readers through all the information you are putting in a structured way:
- Title – The title page is usually the cover of your report and shows the topic of your discussion.
- Abstract – This part consists of a summary report of the key points of your study as well as conclusions.
- Introduction – The overview or background of the chosen topic is explained in this section.
- Body – The body includes the discussion, methodologies, and findings which are divided into sections.
- Conclusion – This part states the significance, implications, and relevance of the findings made.
- Recommendations – After discussing the results and their meaning, recommendations are made.
- Appendices – All the technical terms and details that are used are listed in the appendices.
- References – Related literature and facts used during the process are credited properly here.
Even if you’re doing a report periodically for your business, like a Monthly Management Report, you need to use most, if not all, of these components to make your article a comprehensive one.
Writing an Excellent Progress Report:
A progress report is no different from other reports. Business report templates that are available online can be of great help to you as well. Check them out. Although they may not contain all the elements mentioned above, you can use the following categories to write an excellent progress report.
- Start by looking into the past – You should start your report by looking into the past and comparing it to the present to determine the amount of progress being made at the point of time.
- Determine the problems – Based on the achievements you have made, look into the problems and challenges you have encountered and state the actions taken to resolve them.
- Set out your plans – With the information gathered from the above steps, set out your goals for the future as well as your objectives to perform better from that period onward.
Financial businesses can make use of progress reports such as Treasurer Report Templates we offer.
Progress Report Sample
Daily Progress Report Card
Weekly Progress Report Template
Daily Progress Report for Building Construction Template
Student Progress Report
Internship Report Sample
Internship Project Final
Summer Internship Report
Audit Report Sample
Audit Non conformance Report Template
Internal Audit Report
Audit Review Report
Business Report Sample
Business Expense Report Template
Business Call Report Template
Short Business Report
What Is the Importance of a Report in Business?
A report is important in any business as well as in other organizations because of several reasons.
- It serves as a communication channel – Reports are an effective way to communicate with other members of the organization. While an individual or group is assigned to a certain part of the job, a report allows other departments to be aware of the status of their operation.
- It enhances team effort – A report guides every team member into a single goal and if one member discovers an efficient way to solves a crisis, and a report disseminates this information needs to every team member so they can benefit from it and reach their objective promptly.
- It provides reliable data – Reports contain data such as a list of issues or plans of actions that can be used for future decision-making processes. They can also disclose new types of information that may provide alternative solutions to the problems.
- It can be used as an assessment tool – As reports are done periodically, they can be used to evaluate systems and processes that may not be relevant to the new technologies used by the company or check into employee’s performances to generate self-improvement.
You can also check out our collection of Daily Report Templates for more templates to choose from.
Annual Business Report
Annual Report Sample
Annual Expense Report
Free Annual Expense Report Template
Annual Meeting Report
Annual Sales Report
Daily Report Sample
Daily Construction Report Template
Daily Sales Report Template
Contract Daily Report
Daily Construction Report
Daily Progress Report
Evaluation Report Sample
Standard Evaluation Report
Evaluation Committee Report
Training Evaluation Report
Event Report Sample
Event Management Report Template
Post Event Report
School Event Report
Financial Report Sample
Financial Management Report Template
Monthly Financial Report
Simple Financial Report
Annual Financial Report
Types of Report Formats:
There are several types of report formats you can find on this page and knowing them enables you to choose the right report that you need, like the board report templates.
- Informational reports – This type of report shows the results of an investigation or evaluation to let the readers understand a particular problem or situation.
- Analytical reports – This type of report does not just present results but also an analysis of those results as well as the conclusions drawn from the analysis.
- Recommendation reports – This type of report suggest a particular course of action for a problem and presents results and conclusions that support the recommendation.
- Narrative reports – This type of report presents its information logically or sequentially of description and should be followed accordingly.
- Incident reports – This type of report is made to define an issue or problem, stating its causes and a complete description of how the incident happened. (See Incident Report Templates.)
Tips on How to Write a Report:
There are numerous ways on how to write a report, but writing a report effectively is one thing. Below are some tips that you can take help of when writing a report:
- Do not use jargon – Instead, use a simple and concise language to ensure better understanding.
- Write in short sentences – Keep your sentences brief and develop each paragraph sufficiently.
- Maintain professionalism – Your report should be impersonal aside from the recommendations.
- Keep the grammar correct – Use appropriate verb tenses and write in an active voice.
While you’re here, you can take a look at our Annual Report Templates and Status Report Templates.
Grant Report Sample
Grant Progress Report
Final Grant Report
Grant Application Report
Monthly Report Sample
Monthly Project Status Report
Monthly Status Report
Monthly Supervision Report
Marketing Report Sample
Market Research Report
Monthly Marketing Report
Marketing Status Report
Guidelines for Report Writing:
Reports are formal documents, so therefor, there are some rules you need to follow when wiritng one of them for your business or organization. These guslelines are:
- Layout – Have a consistent layout on all the pages of your report. Headings and sub-heading should use the same formatting and should be on the same side throughout.
- Organization – Make sure to organize your topics in different sections and arrange them cohesively and coherently. Problems should always come before solutions.
- Margins – You should write your report in a justified manner with a standard size for the side, top, and bottom margins. Your texts should be in the center of the paper.
- Fonts – Never use decorative fonts or fonts that are hard to read in your reports. Keep them simple and only highlight headers or texts of great importance.
- Grammar – Make sure you use correct grammar in all your statements. This also includes spelling and sentence construction.
- Images – Use photographs, charts, and graphs that are clear and easy to understand. Make sure they are visually appealing and do not over decorate them.
For more report samples for your business, our Internal Audit Report Templates are also available.