A project report can be used in different time frames within project planning and execution. There are even project reports that can only be done once a project has already been completed. A sample project report is very important as it can showcase information that is needed by the people who are involved in the project.
May it be a project closure report or a project status report that you would like to create, you may refer to the samples of project report templates that we have put together in this post. Make it easier for you to curate a specific project report by using our templates as guides with regards to the format and content of the document that you are currently working on.
Project Status Report
Project Closure Report
Project Assessment Reports
Research Project Assessment
Software Assessment Report
What Is Project Report Template?
- A project report can be in a form of executive report template when the project is within the bounds of a business’ call to actions, especially in relation to sales, marketing, and branding.
- A project report can be a construction project report, which contains information about a construction project’s development and needs concerning the timeline, the workforce, and the specific items that are needed to be achieved.
- Project reports are the documents that provide details about the financial status of the project as well as the changes that may occur in relation to budget and resource usage and management.
How to Write a Project Report Template
- Identify the purpose of the project report. Know whether you need to make a project status report or if you need to have an outline of the planning methods that should be applied for a project’s implementation.
- Know the variables that are included in the project creation. Your project report will only be fully utilized if you will present concrete and specific information about the items needed by the project and when they are needed to be on hand.
- Once guided by the purpose and requirements of the project, you can already plot information in a business project report template or in any kinds of project report documents for showcasing.
- Format your project report accordingly based on the items that you initially placed in the template that you have created.
Project Budget Reports
Project Budget Variance Report
Project Status Report
Tips for Writing a Project Report
- Know the scope of the duration that should be presented in a project report. You need to make sure that the report that you will create will provide details with regards to the development of the project based on the time frame that you are requested to discuss. There are weekly status report templates and there are even some that need monthly or quarterly updates of the project phases that have already been executed.
- Identify the purpose of the project report creation. There are general project reports that deal with all the areas of the project. However, there are also some project reports that focus on the items that are relevant to a specific operational part. In particular, financial project report samples can be created before, during, and after a project. Of course, there are differences in the content of this specific project report based on its function in the financial area of the project planning, execution, and assessment.
- Be specific with the stakeholders of the project. This is essential especially in terms of providing the details that each stakeholder needs to know. You can place particular items that can affect the operations that are related to the functions and responsibilities of the stakeholders of the project where the report is usable.
Project Evaluation Reports
Agriculture Project Evaluation
Business Project Evaluation
End of Project Evaluation
Project Inception Reports
Project Inception Meeting Report
Project Inception Evaluation
How to Write Project Summary Report
- Place the title of the project on top of the project summary report. May it be a real estate project report or any other kinds of project report, what is important is for the readers to be aware of what the summary report is all about.
- Specify the initial plans and the call to actions that have been plotted before the execution of the project.
- Present the variables needed for project implementation including the time duration set for the expected project completion.
- Present a project tracking report that can showcase the areas that affected the development of the project.
- List down the call to actions that have been achieved on time, and those that have not been implemented as well.
- Assess the output or the project being completed and identify if the goal or objective of the project has materialized.
- Provide a conclusion, or even a recommendation, to close the project summary report.
Benefits of a Project Report Template
- It guides the structure or discussion flow of the items that are still needed to be delivered for the project.
- It can be a form of project management report that can specify how the development of a project should be presented.
- If a monthly management report is used, a template can develop urgency in providing a layout of the items that should be achieved to assure that the timeline of the project is followed.
Project Management Reports
Project Risk Management
Report of Construction Project
Cost Management Report
Project Monthly Status Reports
Project Monitoring Report
Project Proposal Report
Project Summary Report
Guidelines for Writing a Project Report
- Compare your project report to existing project reports used in the same function, industry and/or process. Having references and guides will allow you to create the best project report usable for the moment when the project is currently in the phases where the report will be used.
- Provide a short description about the project. Make sure that it is not only the title that you will put in the project report. List down even a few items that can help people know what the project is all about and why a project report is needed.
- Identify the phases of the project and present the specific phases where your report is focused at. Always present the project phases in which the report will discuss. This can help set expectations with the information that your report can provide.
- Organize the content of your project report. Always maintain the format of your project report and maintain the organization of the areas of the project that you will present. This will help readers to have a clearer view of the items and circumstances that happened within the project duration.
- Always review the information that you will present in a project report. May it be a daily report template, an expense report template, or any project report in particular, you need to make sure that the items that you have placed in your project report are error-free, accurate, and updated.