A timesheet is used to record the time that an employee spends within the workplace. Timesheets use a digital or spread sheet format as it is easier to track the log-in and log-out records of a business’s workforce since the data is usually already organized. However, there are still companies who use tabular formats on physical sheets.
232+ FREE SHEET Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI), Apple Numbers
Whether it’s a weekly timesheet or a monthly timesheet that you want to make, you can select from any of the timesheet templates that we have displayed for you in this post. We have different kinds of timesheets usable for any business operations, project-based engagements, volunteer work, and a lot more.
Simple Timesheet Template
Sample Timesheet Template
Printable Timesheet Templates
If you are running a company, you need timesheets to keep track of your employees’ schedules. You can check out Printable Timesheet Templates for ideas to create a Printable Employee Timesheet. You can make a weekly, monthly, yearly timesheets according to your needs and requirements. You can include the day, date, time-in, time-out, and the total working hours when you are preparing an Employee timesheet. Having a timesheet of your employees can not only help you track your employees’ schedules, but it can also help you in assessing their rate of productivity according to their total working hours.
Professional Timesheet Template
Printable Weekly Timesheet
Weekly Timesheet for Employee
Weekly Project Timesheet
Multiple Employee Timesheet
Employee Daily Timesheet
Employee Project Timesheet
Monthly Project Timesheet
Monthly Timesheet Calendar
Volunteer Monthly Timesheet
How to Create a Timesheet Template
Making a timesheet template in Word, Excel, or PPT can help in the operations of your business, especially in recording the attendance performance of your employees. The steps in creating simple timesheet templates are as follows:
- Open a software for creating a timesheet template. It is advisable to use Excel as it is easier to format, and it can create calculations right away through its Excel formulas.
- Specify the time frame where the timesheet will be used. Most timesheets are categorized by month so they can be easily aligned to the payroll records of the human resource / finance departments.
- List down the names of the employees accordingly. You may create a list based on the company identification number of the employees or on the division the employees are assigned.
- Specify the time frame when employees are expected to be in the workplace. Include the days when the workforce should be in their workstations. Make sure that you include the employees’ break time in the hourly timesheet template.
- Allocate spaces where you can record the daily schedule of employees, and align the data with their names and schedules for easy attendance tracking.
- Record any irregularities of the employees’ schedule in a separate sheet, or you can use another column in the same timesheet that you use for attendance listing.
Construction Daily Timesheet
Weekly Work Schedule
Work Order Timesheet
Blank Construction Weekly Timesheet
Blank Payroll Timesheet
Blank Monthly Timesheet
How Are Timesheets Useful for Businesses?
A few of the reasons timesheet templates are essential and beneficial for business operations include the following:
- Timesheets allow businesses to accurately identify the compensation that they will pay to their employees in exchange for the services that the latter produces within the company’s operations. The timesheet used by a business can contain all the information about the attendance of its employees, or it can also be used as more specific documents like:
- Actual log-in and log-out sheets
- Overtime sheets
- Holiday work sheets used for tracking holiday bonuses
- A timesheet for absences and tardiness recording
- The timesheet used by a business is also an effective tool for managing finances and for accounting. The details present in the document can be used by the business to allocate workforce budget needed for estimating project costs.
- Timesheets are extremely beneficial to a business’s human resource and finance departments as it allows the calculation of their payroll to be more efficient, faster, and easier.
- Timesheets also allow the business to track their expenses in compensating their workforce. This information can be used as a reference for future comparison, employee program management and development, and financial management.
Contractor Weekly Timesheet
Timesheet for Construction Worker
Construction Staff Weekly Timesheet
Consultant Weekly Timesheet
Consultant Monthly Timesheet
Usages of Timesheet Templates
Most modern businesses use timesheet templates for their daily operations. This document assures the workforce that their attendances are properly recorded and their compensation calculated fairly. Here are some of the usages of timesheet templates:
- A sheet example in PDF, Word, or Excel is also used to inform the employees of the business that their working hours are timed. Whether it’s a bi weekly timesheet or a monthly timesheet depending on a business’s operations, a timesheet allows the employees to be more productive and focus on their tasks, especially if the company does not allow overtime schedules. The process of using a timesheet can help employees avoid distractions so they can meet the daily expectations of the business.
- Timesheets are used to maintain the smooth flow of the business operations. Having the proper amount of people to provide the needs of the business allows all corporate transactions to be fulfilled accordingly.
- Daily timesheets can track the needs of a business in terms of its workforce, especially for special projects where specific employees of the company are involved. Project timesheet templates can also help with either project-based or outsourced employees to be aware of their attendance requirements to finish the tasks that they are given with.
Volunteer Daily Timesheet
Blank Volunteer Timesheet
Guidelines for Creating a Timesheet Template
Some of the guidelines that you may incorporate in creating a timesheet template are listed below.
- Refer to the existing payroll timesheet templates of the business so you can have an idea on how you can create a new timesheet applicable for the current operations of the business.
- Make sure to identify the usage of the timesheet template. Timesheets differ in terms of the workforce requirements of the business. Some timesheets are used for projects, while some are used for the entire duration of regular business operations.
- Always be organized with the format and structure that you will use in creating a timesheet template. A comprehensive and well-formulated timesheet template will allow you to be more accurate in terms of assessing the attendance performance of an employee and creating the payroll that he / she will be subjected to have, ensuring them that their work will be properly recorded and compensated.
- It is helpful if you use a ready made and downloadable timesheet template as your reference in creating the timesheet that you need. By doing it this way, you can easily format the document based on the recording needs of the business where you are currently employed at.
Having a timesheet is beneficial to both the employer and the employees. With all the items discussed in this post, it is very clear that it is really essential for a business to have this kind of document. Feel free to browse through all the timesheets in this post and see what works for your business or the business where you work in.