Have you ever done all you could to get a project off the ground with as much preparation, attention, and dedication as possible? The beginning is full of momentum and early success, but it will start to spiral out of control if you don’t have some kind of Tracking Template to monitor it through each stage to completion (and beyond). There are many ways to do this and different aspects to consider. Projects are always multifaceted, and the bigger they are and the more that’s at stake, the more carefully you have to track separate aspects of the project in their own right and in relation to the whole. You will be tracking things like finances, progress on the timeline, and milestones achieved.
To help you in this mammoth task, Microsoft Excel is the recommended tool flexible enough to help you record and monitor all kinds of project data. Check out these free templates to help you get started.
130+ Project Templates - Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Excel, Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
Project Tracker Template in Excel
Project Cost Tracking Worksheet Template
Six Sigma Project Tracking Dashboard Template
Event Management Project Tracker in Excel
How to Track Your Projects with These Templates
Because business projects are the usually the most demanding, plentiful, and complicated ventures, every Project Tracking Template here is by default designed to cater to those professional needs.
But because any Excel Project Tracker Template will be completely editable, you can even tweak these templates to use in your personal projects.
Just some notable examples to help you in various areas of project management:
- Project Tracker Template in Excel – this will help you keep a master list of all the projects on the plate, in order of priority. You will monitor them by deadline and have the satisfaction of checking the box under its status when completed.
- Project Cost Tracking Worksheet Template – this will help keep an eye on your expenses and make sure every project is getting the funding it is due, no more, no less.
- Project Budget Tracker in Excel – this is similar to the above.
- Six Sigma Project Tracking Dashboard Template – this tracker uses the Six Sigma method for project management. This monitors any deviations from certain criteria in order to maximize chances of success and mitigate probabilities of error.
- Event Management Project Tracker in Excel – when your projects are a series of events, you can use this template to track the duration, planned and actual, of each event.
- Project Sustainability Action Plan Tracker – this will inform you and your delegates of every concrete next action step in the process.
You can use any one or a combination of several of these trackers to make sure all the important areas of your project is taken care of. If there is an aspect of your project that is not addressed with these examples, you can easily modify a related template to serve your purposes.
Project Sustainability Action Plan Tracker
Project Budget Tracker in Excel
Related Template for Project Management
Tracking the project in its run-time is one thing, but you might need another tool to actually present the data to your managers, clients, or investors to keep everyone up to date. A Project Tracking Report Template will help keep you accountable and on top of the whole management of your project.
Also check out some Excel Project Report templates from our archives to help you present your data in progress meetings.