Receptionist Job Description
Download this Receptionist Job Description Design in Word, Google Docs, PDF, Apple Pages Format. Easily Editable, Printable, Downloadable.
Hire the perfect receptionist to represent your business during each working day with the use of our Receptionist Job Description template. Get a good first impression from each and every visitor by following the qualifications and skills set out by this document. Clearly provide the tasks involved in everyday operations as well as the responsibilities that need to be accomplished for the job. Be able to hire a well rounded receptionist with excellent customer service skills capable of handling basic customer service woes and requests. So what else are you waiting for? Grab and download this template now in order to start your selection of a receptionist not only capable of technical matters but also being tech-savvy and highly adaptive to situations.
RECEPTIONIST JOB DESCRIPTION
Receptionist [FOR BETTER ACCURACY, SPECIFY WHAT KIND OF RECEPTIONIST]
JOB SUMMARY AND DESCRIPTION
Receptionists are responsible for handling the various task in many different and distinct business settings. The tasks that a Receptionist has to perform shall necessarily include, providing and recording of information either in person, via telephone or other media of communication, hence, a prospective Receptionist should possess outstanding communication skills and public relations skills and a pleasant personality. Additionally, a Receptionist being an office position, the applicant should be excellent in using a computer for data entry and for research which the job may require. A Receptionist is not only expected to have excellent communication and computer skills but must also be a great multitasker, in essence, able to transition from one task to another with ease in order to meet the demand of a fast paced work environment.
[INSERT ADDITIONAL JOB SUMMARY THAT IS MORE SPECIFIC AND RELATED TO YOUR NEED FOR RECEPTIONIST]
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Receptionist is essentially the face of the Company being the first point of contact. The bulk of its responsibilities basically revolves around offering and giving administrative support to various departments of the organization. Accordingly, the duties and responsibilities of a Receptionist are characterized in the following areas:
In this area, the Receptionist is expected to:
- Warmly welcome and greet guests or customers the moment they enter the Company premises
- Entertain customer or guest’s queries and direct them to the proper person or office to handle the concern appropriately
- Answer and if necessary, forward incoming calls to the requested person or department
- Provide basic yet accurate information to customers or guests
- Make sure that all necessary reception positions are covered
- Receive and process request for present or future appointments
- Ensure that every appointment is duly calendared, recorded and booked in accordance with the Company Guideline for appointment setting
- Keeping inventory of the office supplies and timely order said supplies before they ran out
- Make sure that meeting schedules and office calendars are updated
- Prepare vouchers and arrange travel accommodations when necessary
- Keep the record of office expenses and costs updated
- Should know and follow company safety procedures and control access via reception desk by issuing visitor badges and having the visitors sign the monitor logbook to maintain and ensure office security
- Make sure that the reception area remains tidy and presentable at all times with all the necessary materials such as pens, brochures, and forms
- Perform other clerical duties of a receptionist such as photocopying, faxing, filing and transcribing
4. Other Miscellaneous Task
- Receive and sort daily mails or other deliveries and distribute them accordingly
- Make suggestions and contributions to better improve the process and systems of the current workflow for a better customer experience
- Perform other tasks that the Manager or Supervisor may assign
- [INSERT OTHER TASKS NOT MENTIONED ABOVE]
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
In order to perform the task of a Receptionist effectively and efficiently, the interested applicant of the post must have the following qualifications:
- Must be polite and friendly and has the ability to establish rapport with strangers with ease
- Knowledgeable and proficient in basic computer application such as Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, excellent time management skills and the ability to distinguish and prioritize tasks that need priority
- Excellent in written and verbal communication
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with the customers, guests, superiors and other team members
- Must have a strong customer service attitude and is interested in dealing with different kinds of people in a polite and professional manner
- [SPECIFY EDUCATIONAL LEVEL OR TRAINING IN A SPECIFIC FIELD IF NECESSARY]
- The holder of this position may be entrusted with information of confidential nature regarding clients or customers personal information or any other business related information that the company may require from its clients or customers.
- In the performance of the duties of a receptionist, the holder of the position may be able to access confidential information relating to company’s business or any other trade-related information.
- The applicant for this position must be able to hold, guard and maintain the confidentiality of the said information even after the termination of the Receptionist’s services with the company.
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY
The holder of this post as part of the organization shall uphold, respect and support diversity, equality and the rights of the customers, superiors, and colleagues. Such pledge of support shall be manifested by:
- Acting in a way which shows that the importance of the rights of the individual is recognized and that such rights are respected and interpreted in a way consistent with the established procedures and policies not only of the company but also with the existing laws.
- Behaving and acting in a way that is non-judgmental nor hostile but welcoming and respectful to everyone regardless of the role they play in the organization.
- Showing utmost respect to the privacy, beliefs, dignity, and needs of others.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The Personal and Professional growth of every member of the organization is the priority of the Management. Training programs and other activities are implemented as a company practice for the employees to join in order to enhance and develop their personal and professional skills.
[ADD SPECIFIC PROGRAMS THAT THE COMPANY EMPLOYS FOR THE PURPOSE OF PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OF THE EMPLOYEES NOT JUST THE RECEPTIONIST]
The holder of this position commits to maintaining the quality of work in accordance with the set guidelines. In upholding such commitment, the post-holder shall timely alert the team members or the superiors should the issue of quality and risk arise and make contributions to increase the effectiveness of the team’s adherence to the standard of quality that the organization requires. Furthermore, all members of the organization are expected to work effectively with other individuals within or outside of the team and to effectively manage their workload, resources and time to meet the desired goal.
Already a premium member? Sign in