>Whether you are applying for a job, a scholarship grant, a promotion, or a loan, you need to be able to write a captivating application letter to the persons who are assessing your application.
In order to ensure that you are able to submit an effective application letter, refer to a proper template of the application letter you are writing. For your convenience, we are providing you with various Application Letter templates which you may download easily.
Scholarship Application Letters
High School Scholarship
Visa Application Letters
Visa Application Format
What Is an Application Letter?
An application letter is the letter sent by an applicant to the person who is tasked to assess the merits of his/her qualification for the thing (object, grant, position, or right) being applied for. There are plenty of other documents which may be required in an application process, depending on its nature.
When Is an Application Letter Necessary?
While most organizations, companies, and educational institutions may not necessarily require applicants to submit an application letter; however, the submission of an effective one would greatly improve the applicant’s chances of obtaining a positive response in his/her application. The following are examples of situations when an application letter is useful:
- It is written by job applicants who are applying for a specific position in a company.
- It is written by prospective college students applying for a slot in a degree program in a university.
- It is written by employees who are aiming to get promoted.
- It is written by prospective tenants who want to gain the trust of landowners/property owners.
- It is written by individuals who are applying for a loan or any form of financial aid.
Speaking of loan applications, our collection of Loan Application Letters would be of great use to you.
Leave Application Letters
Job Application Letters
Essential Steps Required to Write an Effective Application Letter
Want some help in writing an effective application letter? The key to writing an effective application letter is by following some rules on what to do prior to the actual writing of an application letter. Here are the most important of such rules:
- Research first. You must check the nature of the organization or institution which you are sending your application letter to. This allows you to gauge its culture and the standards it imposes on applicants among other things. Furthermore, it is also during this stage which you can learn the complete name, address, and other necessary information of the appropriate officer or person to whom you should send your letter to.
- Prepare the required documents. After the research, make inquiries as to the documents which you need to submit during the application. This allows you an ample amount of time to scour for copies of personal documents which you may not be in possession yet. In addition to that, by going through this step, you can avoid wasting your time by going to the institution’s or organization’s premises without the required documents.
- Check the qualifications. After the physical documents which you need to submit, it is time for you to try and learn the basic characteristics, background, and skills of the individuals, which they usually accept at the end of an application process. For example, if you are applying for a writing job at a magazine company, then you must try and learn what type of writers they need, whether they need a lifestyle writer or a political analyst. Indeed, the quality of your application letter is all dependent on your prior research.
If you are applying for a job, you may refer to our collection of Employment Application Letters. Simply click on the link provided.
Bank Application Letters
Internship Application Letters
Loan Application Letters
What Is a Scholarship Application Letter?
A scholarship application letter is written by a scholarship grant applicant. This letter is written with the aim of convincing an altruistic person or a charitable institution that a certain student is deserving of a scholarship grant. Oftentimes, charitable individuals and institutions are wary as to the selection of the fitting students who can make the most of a scholarship grant. Hence, a scholarship application letter would be an effective avenue for students to make persuasive arguments as their worthiness of a scholarship grant.
When writing this letter, it is important that you observe the following tips:
- Paint a detailed picture of your current financial status. This is essential since most scholarship grantors would need to be assured that you are indeed in dire need of financial aid.
- Make a comprehensive list of your academic qualifications such as but not limited to the following:
- Your sharp critical thinking abilities
- Your previous academic achievements
- Your creative and effective communication skills
- Your progressive views of sociopolitical issues
- Your aptitude test results or intelligence test/assessment results
- Provide a brief description of your academic goals as well as your future career goals. Make sure that the course which you are taking is in direct relation to your future career path.
To know more about this letter, refer to our Academic Application Letters for more samples and references.
Marketing Application Letters
Teacher Application Letters
What Is a Basic Job Application Letter?
A basic job application letter is also otherwise known as a cover letter. This letter is attached to a job applicant’s resume or CV. This letter serves as an overview of the job applicant’s resume. It can enlighten the hiring manager regarding the job applicant’s qualifications without having to go through the arduous process of perusing an entire resume or CV.
What Must be Included in a Job Application Letter?
The following are the basic inclusions in a job application letter:
- The basic information of the job applicant
- The basic information of the hiring manager or employer
- The formal greeting
- The application line
- The statement of qualifications paragraph
- The narration of specific instances for each qualification mentioned
- The concluding line
- The polite closing remark
- The signature line
For more references, check out our collections of Free Application Letters. If you are applying for membership in an organization or a club, don’t forget to check out Membership Application Letters from our business archives.