The job interview, as some would consider, is the first direct contact between a representative of the company that deals with the workers and their prospective new recruits to the company. This is an essential stage since the hiring manager will be able to evaluate the candidate if they can provide good service to the company.
A candidate will need to leave a good first impression to the interviewer. For them to be able to do this, they must always prepare themselves by practicing with sample questions and by researching information about the company and some background about the possible interviewers. The interviewer, on the other hand, should also prepare by listing down questions to be asked and by knowing the candidate beforehand based on their documents.
Check out our website for our collection of Sample Letters that you can use.
Thank You for Interview Letter Template
Job Interview Letter Template
Interview Call Letter Template
How to Conduct an Effective Interview
- Familiarize yourself with the job description for the position that the candidate is applying.
- Review the candidate’s documents—the cover letter, resume, and the supporting documents. Also review the candidate’s work history.
- Prepare questions for the interview. You may prepare more questions than what you will actually be asking and you may also prepare possible follow-up questions to keep the pace moving. And it his highly recommended to prepare open-ended questions.
- You may also prepare answers to possible inquiries from the candidate such as salary rate, job responsibilities, and the like.
- Start the interview slowly with personal questions and make sure the candidate becomes comfortable in their situation.
- Reduce stress between you and the candidate by avoiding an intimidating image. Maintaining eye contact, smiling, and making the candidate feel that you are attentively listening are several ways to do this.
- To make the interview a two-way interaction, encourage the candidate to ask questions and make sure you have prepared answers for yourself (as stated above).
- Close the interview with a positive attitude to give the candidate the sigh of relief they need after undergoing a stressful process.
Don’t know how to politely make a rejection? Let us help you with our collection of Rejection Letter Templates.
How to Prepare for an Interview (for Interviewees)
- Research on the company or organization and be familiar with the possible interviewers and their questions.
- Research on the Internet for sample interview questions and practice answering them either with a friend or in front of a mirror.
- Since an interview requires a two-way interaction, prepare sample questions for the interviewer. You may also research on the Internet for such sample questions.
Interview Request Letter Template
Interview Invitation Letter Template
Interview Confirmation Letter Template
Interview Letter Format in Word
- Plan your outfit beforehand and make sure you are dressed formally. Remember to dress to impress.
- Have plenty of rest the night before your schedule, and on the day itself, go to the venue at least 15 minutes before the time to get yourself emotionally and psychologically ready.
We sincerely hope our letter templates are beneficial to you and your company. If it is, then don’t hesitate to download a copy now. These templates can be downloaded easily and for free, and you can choose to save it in either Microsoft Words or PDF formats. As for quality, we guarantee you clear and legible prints with our templates. These letter templates are also fully editable for your convenience.
For more letter templates that you weren’t able to find, check out our collection of Offer Letter Templates. But if you still couldn’t find what you were looking for on this page, scroll down to the bottom and check out the links to other related contents found on our website.