The format of the letter that you are writing is very essential as it provides the organization of the letter content and the items that are expected to be placed in specific parts of the letter. There are different formatting that may be used in letter writing, and it all depends on the kind of letter that you are making or the specific purpose on why a letter has to be written.
We can provide you with different letter format templates so you can be aware of the different kinds of formats that are used in various letters. Again, formats depend on the usage of the letter as a specific format can only be properly applicable to particular writing instances. Make sure that you will follow the guidelines in creating the content and format that are usable for the purpose of the letter that you want to write.
Business Letters Format
Standard Business Letter Format
Business Letter Format for Student
Resignation Letters Format
Simple Resignation Letter
Formal Resignation Letter Format
Resignation Acceptance Letter Format
Formal Letters Format
Formal Thank You Letter Format
Formal Application Letter
Formal Letter of Complaint
Application Letters Format
Job Application Letter Format
Leave Application Letter
Loan Application Letter
Basic Letter Format
Most letters follow three common letter formats especially if they are used for business process and other formal transactions. These three letter formats are as follows:
- A Block Letter Format is used for strict business letter writing where all the items that are present in the letter should be placed in the left margin of the letter, and this creates a clean letter that is considered appropriate for corporate transactions because of its simple, neat and professional appeal.
- All the items that are in a block format are almost similar on those that can be found in semiblock format. The only difference that these formats have is that a semi-block format can be used in less formal transactions. As with the block format, all elements are left-aligned in the exception of the first line of each paragraph which is indented five spaces compared to the rest of the paragraph lines.
- Modified block formats usually place the items in different alignments. The date, the signature of the sender of the letter, and the sign-off details are usually placed at the center point of the page line. The body of the paragraph differs from that of a block format as the beginning of each paragraph in a modified block format is usually indented and not aligned with the other lines of the paragraph.
Inclusions of a Letter Format
Aside from the letter formats that are used to identify the text blocking of the information present in a letter, letter formats may also refer to the details that can be found in a particular business letter or Formal Letter structure. A letter format includes the following information:
- The date that the letter was written.
- The contact information of the person writing the letter.
- The contact information of the person or the organization for whom the letter is addressed.
- A formal salutation for the receiver of the letter.
- A greeting needed to provide warmth and a conversation starter.
- The body of the letter, which should include the following information:
- The first paragraph of the body should have the the purpose on why the letter has to be written.
- The second and the following paragraphs contain specific details and information about the transaction for which the letter was written.
- The last paragraph should be able to reiterate and further explain the inclusions of the letter.
- The letter sender’s closing remarks.
- The signature of the letter sender.
Payment Request Letter Format
Transfer Request Letter
Meeting Request Letter Format
Appointment Letters Format
Job Appointment Letter Format
Appointment Confirmation Letter
Appointment Request Letter Format
Relieving Letters Format
Relieving Letter Format From Employee
Relieving Letter Format from Manager
Letters of Recommendation Format
College Letter of Recommendation Format
Professional Letter of Recommendation
Letter of Recommendation Format for Student
Letter of Recommendation Format for Internship
There are a lot of Business Letters that are used in different transactions. A few of these business letters are as follows:
- Business cover letters are used to provide a preview of the content of a business document.
- Business letters can also be used by students who would like to involve themselves in professional transactions.
- Business letters are also used by people for job application in inquiry letters, application letters, or cover letters attached with the resume.
- Recommendation letters contain the relationship of the reference to the person who needs the letter, the purpose of the recommendation, the qualifications of the individual, and character reference of the individual.
- Business letters, in general, can be used by companies to transact with each other in many business deals.
Letters Used in the Workplace
A few of the letters that are used by the employer and the employees that also need to follow a particular format are as follows:
- Job appointment letters need to use a format that can identify the details regarding the offer of the company to an applicant. It should have the information regarding the job position, the job description or the functions that the applicant will be expected to do should they accept the offer, the starting date of the employment, the salary and benefits that the applicant will receive in exchange of their services, and other information that should be known to help the applicant decide on whether s/he will accept or reject the job appointment.
- Meeting Appointment Letters must also follow a professional letter format for it to relay information about the purpose of the meeting request, the people who are requested to be present in a particular meeting, the subject to be discussed, and the time and date of the meeting proposal. It is very essential for a person who will create a meeting request letter to assure that the content of the letter and the format being used is aligned with the job functions and positions of the employees who will receive it.
- Resignation Letters follow the letter format of stating the decision to resign first. Then, the reason for the resignation and the effective date of the resignation follows. The next paragraphs should be able to further discuss the reason of resignation, the willingness of the resigning employee to render service, and other information that is related to the procedures that are needed to be done for the resignation to smoothly be processed in reference to the company’s guidelines. Should all these items be present in a resignation letter format, the resigning employee may already expect the resignation acceptance letter coming from the management.
Letters of Request Format
Formal Letter of Request Format
Letter of Request for Permission
Letters of Complaint Format
Business Letter of Complaint
Professional Letter of Complaint
Letters of Appointment Format
Standard Letter of Appointment Format
Format of Appointment Letter for Teacher
Letter of Appointment Format for Employee
Free Business Proposal Letters
Free Business Proposal Letter
New Business Proposal Letter
Business Proposal Acceptance Letter Format
Free Letters of Agreement Format
Letter of Payment Agreement Format
Business Letter of Agreement Format
Sample Cover Letters Format
Sample Cover Letter Format for Job Application
Sample Cover Letter Format for Internship
Sample Scholarship Cover Letter
Aside from the letters that are used in business transactions and other information exchanges within the bounds of the workplace, here are other letters that are used in formal written discussions:
- A thank-you letter for donation used for sending appreciation to the entity who extended help for a particular advocacy or program
- Invitation letters that are sent for people to know that they are requested to attend events, formal gatherings, occasions, and other forms of get-togethers.
- Letter of complaints that provide information about a transaction that made a customer or client dissatisfied with the services given to him or her by a company or business
- Leave application letters used by employees to request for the additional work offs that they are entitled to have
There are still a lot of letters that are used in various transactions, which is the reason why they need a particular format to further give emphasis on the reason and purpose of their creation. If you will write a letter to be given to an entity, make sure that you are aware of the format that you need to use and the arrangement of the inclusions of the letter which can help you to state all the items and information that you need to provide to the expected receiver of the letter.