Planning to leave your job? Submitting official, professional, and formal resignation letters is always a good practice. It is a manifestation of your professionalism and decency. There is no hard and fast rule in writing a resignation letter, aside from expressing your intention to leave from your post. To help you hasten your search, we have here a collection of official resignation samples, guides, and templates that you can download and use.
If you’re lost for words in writing your resignation letter, you can simply refer to our official Resignation Letter Templates below. Stay positive throughout this process and let that positivity shine through your resignation letter.
Elected Official Resignation Letter
Official Job Resignation Letter
Official Teacher Resignation Letter
Official Bank Manager Resignation Letter
Official Resignation Letter Format
Why Do Employees Leave Their Jobs?
The way you leave and say goodbye to your job matters. A bad exit strategy can be detrimental to your career as a whole. It can adversely influence the first impression of your future employers. In line with this, there are various reasons why employees or officials leave their job. Here are some factors to take into account:
- Compensation. Some officials and employees leave their job because of being under compensated. Some may feel that they are receiving unreasonable compensation and undervalued by the company.
- Career growth. For others, resignation is an opportunity for them to venture on other industries as a way of growing professionally and personally.
A Variety of Official Resignation Letters
As you see, we have here a variety of templates for you. Let’s examine these two basic samples:
- Elected official resignation letter : Take note that our templates are applicable to both public and private employees, which includes government officials. Elected officials can also voluntarily renounce and resign from their post for various reasons. It can be due to conflict of interests or for any other reason.
- Official teacher resignation letter : If you are a teacher and are planning to leave your job, you can surely rely on this template. It is a professional way to notify your superiors about your decision and the reasons behind it.
These are just some of our featured templates; however, Template.net hosts pages upon pages of Formal Resignation Letter Templates you could check out.
Official Nursing Resignation Letter
Official Resignation Letter with Two Weeks Notice
Official Email Resignation Letter
Official Business Resignation Letter
Key Features of a Resignation Letter
The formatting style of a resignation letter may vary. It is pertinent for you to decide what format to follow that will truly suit your purpose. In light of this, these are the usual standard sections that should be noted in a resignation letter.
- Headings. In here, you have to provide the addressee of your letter such as your boss or any authorized person in the Human Resource Department. Start fresh and make it a point to set a positive tone.
- Salutations. Like any other formal letter, you have to provide a salutation. Opening and closing salutations are imperative. In here, you need to skip a line and then greet the recipient with “Dear . . .” or other similar page.
- Body. It is in here that you state the reason for your decision. You are not compelled to disclose every detail. Be straightforward but still writing with utmost respect.
- Ending note and conclusion. You can express here words of gratitude for the opportunities your employer have provided you. You can end it by sending them your warm regards.
These are just some sections you need to take note of. You can also refer to our Resignation Letter Format. Feel free to check them out.