It can be a disheartening experience indeed to find that the personnel you’ve invested time and money into hiring and training are not performing up to par. Perhaps they are not meeting the requirements of their job description. Perhaps they are neglecting an earlier, informal, spoken correction. Perhaps they are breaching some other terms in their contract. A Letter Template warning them about their work performance is your next step.
This is meant to be a professional document that makes sure you get your point across without also seeming emotional or irrational. Survey this list of free documents you can download to help you in your difficult task. You may also see performance templates.
Free Performance Warning Letter
Free Performance Warning Letter to Employee
Free Warning Letter for Performance Improvement
Free Job Performance Warning Letter
Work Performance Warning Letter Template
Warning Letter Format for Poor Communication Skills
Poor Sales Performance Warning Letter Template
When to Issue a Performance Warning Letter
Naturally, this isn’t the kind of HR Warning Letter you should slam on an employee’s desk the very moment they start slacking off. The gravity and import of such a letter necessarily means it comes later down in the process.
The standard procedure for many warning or correction protocol follows thus:
- First warning—informal, spoken, no documentation.
- Second warning—spoken, probably documented.
- Final warning—written, documented.
- Termination, if there is failure to amend.
This will vary from workplace to workplace, of course. The point is that such a warning letter should be a later measure when your grievances and prompts are not being heeded.
Who Should Issue a Performance Warning Letter
This list of resources is meant for the HR department or the immediate supervisor in charge of monitoring and reporting employee performance. If you are an employee of someone who isn’t performing up to par, there are two scenarios:
- The person’s poor performance is hindering your own performance. Perhaps you work as a team or in another arrangement where your work is interrelated. In that case, you can deliver the first warning in private. The second time it occurs, inform HR. They should do the needful.
- The person’s poor performance merely annoys your high sense of work ethic. In this case, focus on your own work before you get a warning letter yourself.
Aspects of Poor Performance
These documents will help you address different aspects of what you can consider poor performance:
- Not performing the expected duties satisfactorily (see Work Performance Warning Letter)
- Poor communication skills as part of the necessary job functions (see Warning Letter Format for Poor Communication Skills)
- Tardiness ad other policy violation (see Performance Warning Letter to Employee)
- Non-attendance or absenteeism (see Poor Performance and Attendance Warning Letter Template)
For other grievances, these documents can easily be edited to address those points while giving you the professional language you need.
Performance Improvement Warning Letter Example
Performance Warning Letter to Employee
Poor Performance and Attendance Warning Letter Template
Poor Staff Performance Warning Letter in Doc
How to Use These Templates
A Written Warning Template is such that it can address any employee falling under the same violation. These documents are available to download for free as either PDF files or Word documents in zipped folders.
- You can edit the Word documents easily to allow for the details of your specific circumstances. The blank spaces will show you where you can input the employee’s name before printing out the document.
- The completed PDF templates can either be used as references, or can also be printed out and used as is, if you feel they adequately suit your situation.