Are you a job seeker who is avidly aiming for a particular job which you think fits you perfectly? If so, then you need to attach a work application letter to your resume in order to captivate the attention of the hiring manager or recruiter. To help guide you in your application letter writing, download the work Application Letters on this page. Scroll down below and download our templates now!
Simple Work Application Letter
Work Application Letter Sample
Teacher Work Application Letter
Social Work Job Application Letter
Sample Volunteer Work Application Letter
General Work Application Letter Sample
Office Work Application Letter
Vacation Work Application Letter
Hotel Work Application Letter
Field Work Application Letter
Bar Work Application Letter
Work Application Letters: What Are These?
Work application letters are also known as cover letters. It is the type of letter which is sent by job applicants to the hiring manager. This letter is usually attached to a resume or CV, and it serves as an overview of one’s resume.
What Does It Contain?
A work application letter’s contents may vary depending on the preferred style, information, and other subjective details which the job applicant may deem necessary to be included. However, there are staple parts or types of information which a cover letter must have and those are the following:
- Recipient’s information (name of the hiring manager, name of company, address of company, contact details)
- Job applicant’s basic information (complete name, address)
- Formal Greeting (Dear Sir/Ma’am)
- Statement of intent to apply for a specific job position.
- Statement of the relevant skills, educational attainment, previous work experience (if any), and other qualifications.
- Applicant’s contact details
- Formal closing
To have a more in-depth understanding of the basics of work application letters, download the templates on this page. Moreover, you can also check out our collections of Job Application Letters and Membership Application Letters for future applications. Simply click on their corresponding links.
Bank Work Application Letter
Driving Work Application Letter
Factory Work Application Letter
Hospital Work Application Letter
Laundry Work Application Letter
Medical Work Application Letter
Part Time Work Application Letter
Restaurant Work Application Letter
Summer Work Application Letter
Social Work Application Letter
This type of application letter is written by job seekers who plan on working as a social worker. Social work can be an energy-draining job, especially if it does not fit your character and qualifications. Before you go writing a captivating work application letter, you need to assess first if you are perfect for social work.
There are several aspects of yourself which you can examine in order to determine whether you are fit for a social work job and the most notable ones are the following:
- Whether or not you have the relevant educational background for the type of social work you are aiming for. For example, if you aim to get involved in substance abuse social work, then a degree in clinical psychology and counselling will be more fitting.
- Whether or not you have the initiative and the intellectual capacity to constantly research social policies, current trends, demographics, and other relevant information which can help you analyze and create more effective ways of improving the welfare of others.
- Whether you find the act of helping alleviate other people’s circumstances personally meaningful.
Things To Remember in Crafting Your Social Work Cover Letter
- Avoid using too many “I’s”.
- Address the hiring manager/recruiter personally.
- Don’t make a cookie-cutter cover letter which has overly broad contents; instead, tailor fit your letter to suit the needs of the organization you are applying to.
- Avoid exaggerating your qualifications. Social work needs honest and genuine individuals, and by extension, wordiness may be translated as being disingenuous or dishonesty.
- Limit your letter to one page.
- Use attention-grabbing key words. Use active voice and verbs that automatically paints a picture of your desirable traits inside the head of the reader.
- Lastly, don’t forget to proofread!
For more application letter references, check out our collections of Employment Application Letters and Scholarship Application Letters. To access these templates, simply click on their corresponding links.