Planning is a vital part for achieving a specific goal. Planning becomes even more significant for businesses, companies, or organizations. Strategic plans are conducive for growth and growth is very important. A company wouldn’t be able to achieve new heights, or increase their net worth, if they don’t gradually grow. You may also see plan samples.
Simple Test Plan
Software Test Plan
Regression Test Plan Template
In general, a test plan template is a document that depicts the processes for hardware, or software, beta testing, objectives, and target market. There are different types of plans out in the open. There are payment plans, construction plans, and educational plans. However, the simple test plan is today’s focused subject.
Software Test Plan Template
System Test Plan
Execution Test Plan
Audit Test Plan
Business Test Plan
Test Plan for Equipment
How to Create a Test Plan
A test plan lets you designate the specific areas in your plan that you’d like to test and how to perform the test. It’s best that you study about a free plan template, for you to become familiar with its structure. When creating one, you need to:
- Have a test plan software, or computer program.
- Start the program up.
- Choose Add Test Plan.
- Add the plan name.
- Make changes to the plan to suit your needs.
- Keep the changes by clicking Save on the toolbar.
Bonus tip: You can use the steps to make some business continuity plan templates.
What Is Test Plan in Software Testing?
Test plans have different uses. For example, a plan template in word is solely for reference and can also be used to make new test plans. A test plan in software testing is a document that details the extent of the test and its activities. Additionally, it also
- has three different types: the Master Test Plan, Phase Test Plan, and Simple Test plan;
- is used as an operational plan template, since they have the same format and structure; and
- mentions the approach the test will be using and specifies what type of plan is being used.
Master Test Plan
Marketing Test Plan
Test Plan for Project
Process Test Plan
Quality Test Plan
Tips for Creating a Test Plan
You already know of the steps to make a test plan. You are aware of the things you need to create one. However, it still seems that there is something lacking. Something that’ll improve the quality of how you make your test plans. The thing you might need right now is a couple of tips on how to generate your ideal test plan:
- Familiarize – Do some research about the different plan formats you can get your hands on.
- Direction – Make sure the plan answers the questions WHY you need to test it and WHAT will you be testing.
- Scope – Discerning the limitations of the test’s scope, objectively identifying what plots will be tested and what won’t be, plays a huge factor in the overall quality of your test plan.
- Templates – It’s natural to consult a travel business plan template when you have to go out of town, or overseas, for business reasons. It’s the same with making a test plan, and the templates do help out a lot.
Also, don’t forget to include the risks involved with every step of the way. It’s important that you know of the different risk factors so you could make precautions for them.