An interdisciplinary lesson plan is a plan that is developed when subjects of different disciplines are combined. These are the lesson standards that are formulated to organizes different subjects into one lesson. This type of lesson plan is mostly formulated by students who are studying different subjects or the teachers who teach different subjects.
9+ Interdisciplinary Lesson Plan Templates in PDF | MS Word
1. Interdisciplinary Cyprus Lesson Plan
2. Science Interdisciplinary Lesson Plan
3. Human Rights Interdisciplinary Lesson Plan
4. Interdisciplinary Lesson Plan Example
5. Sample Interdisciplinary Lesson Plan
6. Printable Interdisciplinary Lesson Plan
7. Teaching Interdisciplinary Lesson Plan
8. Formal Interdisciplinary Lesson Plan
9. Interdisciplinary Physical Education Lesson Plan
10. Interdisciplinary Connections Lesson Plan
How to Prepare an Interdisciplinary Lesson Plan?
Step 1: Make a List of All the Subject
The first thing that you need to do to prepare the lesson plan is that you have to make the list of all the subjects. Your lesson plan is for interdisciplinary lessons. Therefore you have to prepare the list of the subjects you will be studying. This is extremely necessary as the whole lesson plan will be based on the subjects of different disciplines.
Step 2: Select a Computer Application
For the document in which you will be preparing the lesson plan, you need to choose the computer application that suits you and you are compatible with the formulation process. You can choose Google Docs or MS Word to prepare the document.
Step 3: Prepare the Lesson Plan Structure
Now that you have the document in which you have frame the lesson plan, you can design a structure that will help you make your lesson plan well organized and properly structured. The structure should be clean and formal. This will enable you to understand the lesson plan and the drafting process will also be easy.
Step 4: Prepare the Lesson Plan
Now that you have the structure that you can use, you can now put down the plan for your interdisciplinary lesson. Make sure you follow the format that you have designed. You can make use of bullet points so that the lesson plan is easier to decipher.
Step 5: Review Your Lesson Plan
The last but not least make sure that you review the lesson plan that you have prepared. This will help you to remove any kind of errors or mistakes. Reviewing will help you to make any amendments or editing anything if necessary. Reviewing will make sure that your work is perfect and error-free. Make sure to keep room for future modifications.
You might feel the need of changing anything while you progress with your lesson plan. Therefore make sure that you have the options to add the changes. During the reviewing process, you can make the additions.
What do You Understand by Interdisciplinary Teaching?
Interdisciplinary teaching is the method or the tool that uses the idea of one or more than one academic disciplinary approach to understanding a topic, theme, etc. It the art of using different subjects not necessarily interlinked to understand a single concept. Many institutions use this approach to make the students aware of the different perspectives and give a better viewpoint.
Why is the Approach of the Interdisciplinary Lesson Plan Important?
- Students get motivated because of the topic they will be studying, they have vested their interest. The result of which the content is more authentic and deeply rooted in life experience. That is why learning becomes more meaningful and the process of studying becomes interesting.
- The students are able to cover the topic in-depth because they are making use of many subjects to understand the single topic or theme or issue.
- Students can develop the skills of critical thinking as they are using the concepts of different academic boundaries to understand the study.
- Exploration of a topic that surpasses the subject boundaries helps the students to learn new things and helps them gather new knowledge.
- The interdisciplinary approach increases the creativity in the students and they can come up with new ideas.
Understanding the Difference
This is the idea of understanding a lesson or making a lesson plan that contains ideas from the subjects that comes under the same discipline.
This is the method of developing the lesson plan of one discipline from the perspective of another discipline.
This method uses the ideas of different academic disciplines. That is for deciphering the topic of one discipline you can use the approach of and ideas from many other disciplines.
Is the making use of the ideas from different disciplines combining them and coming up with a single idea.
This approach is used to make the use of different academic disciplines to create a framework that is completely different from the topic’s or idea’s original idea.