When it comes to owning a restaurant, it’s always important that you’re updated on everything that’s going on in it. It’s crucial that you’re able to gain as much information as you can about your establishment if you want any hope of it improving. You may also like stock audit report templates.
If you want to obtain that information, then you’re going to need to conduct a report that contains everything from what standards need to be met and what how the restaurant is currently upholding those standards. Which is why this article is going to teach you how to conduct a restaurant internal audit report that can tell you whatever you have to learn about your establishment.
Sample Restaurant Internal Audit Report
Simple Restaurant Internal Audit Report
Example of Restaurant Internal Audit Report
How to Make a Restaurant Internal Audit Report
Let’s say that you’re an auditor and you’re already finished assessing a particular restaurant. So when the time comes that you have to share the information with the owner, you’re going to want to give him or her everything about the restaurant’s current sitaution. So basically, you’re going to have to provide a list of what was looked into, what standards and compliances had to be met, and if the restaurant was able to meet these standards and compliances. You can also like tax audit report templates.
With that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to create a proper restaurant internal audit report:
1. Outline Your Audit Report
Before you begin writing everything down into a report, you’re going to want to outline the results of your audit. Think of all the different sections that you’re going to tackle. For example, let’s say that you’re doing a financial audit for a particular restaurant and that you’re also tasked with providing the report. You can outline the report by categorizing the different expenses and sources of income so that you can easily report whatever you’ve managed to notice.
2. Give a Fair Balance of Both the Positive and Negative Results
When you begin writing down the report, you’ll need to share the information regarding whatever negative or positive comments you have about the restaurant. You have to make sure that the two are balanced and that you don’t focus on just one aspect. It’s always best that you start off with the positives so that you can tell the restaurant owner what’s being done right and what should be kept up. As for providing comments on the negatives, do so in a way where you keep the tone of the report as impartial. Basically, don’t make it sound too opinionated. You can also like safety audit report templates.
As you’re listing them down, make sure to use bullet points. This will make it so much easier for readers as it will make the report look more organized.
Restaurant Audit Final Report
Internal Audit Committee Report
3. Follow the Purpose and Scope Methodology
This is the section of the report thait will provide a lot of information about the audit. Whoever will be reading the report will definitely need this as it will tell them everything from what methods you used to audit the restaurant and everything that you’ve managed to learn. In order to do this properly, you must be able to answer the following questions. You may also notice management audit reports.
- For what reason was the audit conducted? – There has to be a specific reason as to why the audit was even done in the first place. Since we’re talking about an internal audit, then it’s to see how a restaurant is doing in terms of its performance and how it’s handling its risk management. If there’s another reason as to why you’re doing the report, then you’re going to have to state what that is.
- What was included and not included in the audit? – This is important, especially when it comes to what was looked into during the audit. By pointing both out, you’re basically the telling the owner of the establishment going through the report about what specifically you’re looking into. You can also like stock audit report templates.
- What time period was used in the audit? – Since we’re talking about an internal audit, it’s important that you know what timeline the external audit is based on. This will help you compare the restaurant’s performance of a particular time period with that from previous audits. Also, the data you manage to obtain within the time period should easily tell the reader how the restaurant has faired within a specific amount of time.
- What is the objective of the audit? – You need to be able to understand what the audit is supposed to be aiming for so that you’ll know what needs to be looked into. By identifying the objectives, you’ll have an easier time understanding what kind of information you should be obtaining and how you’re supposed to evaluate whatever you’ve managed to gather. You can also like compliance internal reports.
Restaurant Local Internal Audit Report
Restaurant Group Audit Report
4. Write About the Audit Standards
Think of this section as the disclaimer portion of the document where you will be pointing out what kind of standards the entire audit is based on. This is for the readers so that they can make sure that the audit was done correctly. It’s very important that you point out that the audit report was conducted according to the government standards so that the person going through it can be assured of its legitimacy.
5. Create the Executive Summary for Your Audit Report
When you’re done writing everything down, then the last thing that you’ll need to do. This is the section that contains the overview of the audit results. It should present overall conclusions and recommendations related to the Purpose and Scope of work Methodology. You need to make sure that the following are included:
- A brief description on what was audited, objectives, scopes, and time periods – Make sure that you’re able to tackle all four topics as readers who just want to get through the gist of the report will want to know about these. Also, just remember that even though this is a summary, you’re still going to have to include a good amount of detail in it. You can also like energy audit report templates.
- Overall statements of concerns and conclusions – This is where you will need to point out whether there are problems that the restaurant is facing as well as any conclusions that you have come up with. Be sure that you point out everything that you’ve noticed in the briefest way possible. You can also check quality audit report templates.
- Statements of significant action plans – By this point you should be thinking about what kind of action plans need to be made in order for the restaurant to meet with government mandated standards. Make sure that you provide a brief description on what has to be done to ensure that the readers know what actions need to be taken.
- The overall audit rating – This is basically where you point out whether the restaurant you’ve audited is following the rules and regulations, or if there are certain violations that it has committed. Make it quick and get straight to the point. You may also check brand audit reports.
Tips on Conducting an Audit Report
Although you already know how to make the report, there are still a couple of things you’ll need to consider to ensure that it contains everything that it needs. So here are a few tips that can help you guarantee that:
- Make sure to follow a proper format – When you are polishing up your audit report to management, you need to come up with a proper format for your report. Make sure that you include everything from the cover page, table of contents, bullet points and more. You want to make your report look organized and this is the best way to make sure that it does.
- Use simple words when writing your report – So long as you’re able to write everything in proper grammar and with words that are easy to understand, then you shouldn’t worry about readers not knowing what you’ve written down. Also, make sure that you organize each and every paragraph that’s within the report. You may also see monthly report templates.
- Make effective recommendations – As an auditor, your final task is making recommendations for improvement for the entity audited. Remember to to be positive when providing recommendations. You’re aiming to help the restaurant you’ve audited and you have to make sure that your recommendations do that. You’ll also need to be specific as to what you recommend. Be very clear as to what specific aspects do not adhere to protocol, and to what concrete steps could be potentially implemented to ensure compliance. And lastly, point out who needs to take action. It has to be really clear as to who needs to make the changes. You can also like hr report templates.
It’s never going to be easy when you have to do an audit and an external audit report. So long as you follow the steps above, then you shouldn’t really have much of a problem.
If you want to learn about the other types of report samples that you could possibly make, then all you need to do is to go through our site. It contains many different articles and they all have information that should be able to provide you with the help you need. So long as you’re able to read them thoroughly, then you should be able to make effective use out of whatever they have to offer.