When it comes to owning a restaurant, it’s always important that you’re updated on everything that’s going on in it. You must be able to gain as much information as you can about your establishment if you want to see your restaurant business improve and flourish. To help you out with this, you can make use of our ready-made internal audit report samples.
Internal Quality Audit Report Template
Click on that download button to try out our ready-made “Internal Quality Audit Report” template that properly lets you document the examination of your system quality. This easy-to-edit report template in Word is a must-have owing to its high content quality as well as customizable features. Open and use it in any file format of your choice.
Free Food Safety Internal Audit Report Template
Be able to create a report document for the food safety internal audit of your company with the help of this high-quality and printable template. This report template in Excel is free to download and easy to use. It is also print and digital-ready.
Sample Restaurant Internal Audit Report
If you want to obtain information on how to conduct an internal audit for your restaurant, you’re going to need to create a report that contains everything from what standards need to be met and what how the restaurant is currently upholding those standards. This is why this article is going to teach you how to conduct a restaurant internal audit report that can tell you whatever you have to learn about your establishment. You may also like stock audit report templates.
Simple Restaurant Internal Audit Report
Example of Restaurant Internal Audit Report
How to Make a Restaurant Internal Audit Report
Let’s say that you’re an auditor and you’re already finished assessing a particular restaurant. So when the time comes that you have to share the information with the owner, you’re going to want to give him or her everything about the restaurant’s current situation. So basically, you’re going to have to provide a list of what was looked into, what standards and compliances had to be met, and if the restaurant was able to meet these standards and compliances. You can also like tax audit report templates.
With that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to create a proper restaurant internal audit report:
1. Outline Your Audit Report
Before you begin writing everything down into a report, you’re going to want to outline the results of your audit. Think of all the different sections that you’re going to tackle. For example, let’s say that you’re doing a financial audit for a particular restaurant and that you’re also tasked with providing the report. You can outline the report by categorizing the different expenses and sources of income so that you can easily report whatever you’ve managed to notice.
2. Give a Fair Balance of Both the Positive and Negative Results
When you begin writing down the report, you’ll need to share the information regarding whatever negative or positive comments you have about the restaurant. You have to make sure that the two are balanced and that you don’t focus on just one aspect. It’s always best that you start with the positives so that you can tell the restaurant owner what’s being done right and what should be kept up. As for providing comments on the negatives, do so in a way where you keep the tone of the report as impartial. Don’t make it sound too opinionated. You can also like safety audit report templates.
As you’re listing them down, make sure to use bullet points. This will make it so much easier for readers as it will make the report look more organized.
Restaurant Audit Final Report
Internal Audit Committee Report
3. Follow the Purpose and Scope Methodology
This is the section of the report that will provide a lot of information about the audit. Whoever will be reading the report will definitely need this as it will tell them everything from what methods you used to audit the restaurant and everything that you’ve managed to learn. In order to do this properly, you must be able to answer the following questions. You may also notice management audit reports.
- For what reason was the audit conducted? – There has to be a specific reason as to why the audit was even done in the first place. Since we’re talking about an internal audit, then it’s to see how a restaurant is doing in terms of its performance and how it’s handling its risk management. If there’s another reason as to why you’re doing the report, then you’re going to have to state what that is.
- What factors were included and not included in the audit? – This is important, especially when it comes to what was looked into during the audit. By pointing both out, you’re telling the owner of the establishment going through the report about what specifically you’re looking into.
- What period was used in the audit? – Since we’re talking about an internal audit, you must know what timeline the external audit is based on. This will help you compare the restaurant’s performance of a particular period with that from previous audits. Also, the data you manage to obtain within the period should easily tell the reader how the restaurant has faired within a specific amount of time.
- What is the objective of the audit? – You need to be able to understand what the audit is supposed to be aiming for so that you’ll know what needs to be looked into. By identifying the objectives, you’ll have an easier time understanding what kind of information you should be obtaining and how you’re supposed to evaluate whatever you’ve managed to gather. You can also like compliance with internal reports.
Restaurant Local Internal Audit Report
Restaurant Group Audit Report
4. Write About the Audit Standards
Think of this section as the disclaimer portion of the document where you will be pointing out what kind of standards the entire audit is based on. This is for the readers so that they can make sure that the audit was done correctly. You must point out that the audit report was conducted according to the government standards so that the person going through it can be assured of its legitimacy.
5. Create the Executive Summary for Your Audit Report
When you’re done writing everything down, then the last thing that you’ll need to do. This is the section that contains an overview of the audit results. It should present overall conclusions and recommendations related to the Purpose and Scope of Work Methodology. You need to make sure that the following are included:
- A brief description of what was audited, objectives, scopes, and periods – Make sure that you’re able to tackle all four topics as readers who just want to get through the gist of the report will want to know about these. Also, just remember that even though this is a summary, you’re still going to have to include a good amount of detail in it. Feel free to also go through our energy audit report templates.
- Overall statements of concerns and conclusions – This is where you will need to point out whether there are problems that the restaurant is facing as well as any conclusions that you have come up with. Be sure that you point out everything that you’ve noticed in the briefest way possible. Also, do not miss out on our quality audit report templates.
- Statements of significant action plans – By this point you should be thinking about what kind of action plans need to be made for the restaurant to meet with government-mandated standards. Make sure that you provide a brief description of what has to be done to ensure that the readers know what actions need to be taken.
- The overall audit rating – This is basically where you point out whether the restaurant you’ve audited is following the rules and regulations, or if there are certain violations that it has committed. Make it quick and get straight to the point. You may also check brand audit reports.
Tips on Conducting an Audit Report
Although you already know how to make the report, there are still a couple of things you’ll need to consider to ensure that it contains everything that it needs. So here are a few tips that can help you guarantee that:
- Make sure to follow a proper format – When you are polishing up your audit report to management, you need to come up with a proper format for your report. Make sure that you include everything from the cover page, table of contents, bullet points and more. You want to make your report look organized and this is the best way to make sure that it does.
- Use simple words when writing your report – So long as you’re able to write everything in proper grammar and with words that are easy to understand, then you shouldn’t worry about readers not knowing what you’ve written down. Also, make sure that you organize every paragraph that’s within the report. You may also see monthly report templates.
- Make effective recommendations – Being an auditor, your final task should include making recommendations for improvement for the entity audited. Remember to be positive when providing recommendations. You’re aiming to help the restaurant you’ve audited and you have to make sure that your recommendations do that. You’ll also need to be specific as to what you recommend. Be clear as to what aspects do not adhere to protocol, and to what solid steps could be potentially implemented to ensure compliance. And lastly, point out who needs to take action. It has to be clear as to who needs to make the changes.
It’s never going to be easy when you have to do an audit and an external audit report. So long as you follow the steps above, then you shouldn’t have much of a problem.
If you want to learn about the other types of report samples that you could make, then all you need to do is to go through our site. It contains many different articles and they all have information that should be able to provide you with the help you need. So long as you’re able to read them thoroughly, then you should be able to make effective use out of whatever they have to offer.