When you’re an entrepreneur or a business owner, it’s important for you to be able to effectively advertise the product or service you’re selling. One of the ways to advertise is by using a storyboard. Storyboard creation is one of the commonly used advertisement strategies by a lot of businesses.
Storyboard was first developed during the 1930s and it was developed at the Walt Disney Studio. Due to its simplicity and effectiveness, most entrepreneurs prefer using it and since then, it has become a staple when it comes to planning for the flow of the advertisement, yielding a great commercial.
Advertising Campaign Storyboard
What Is an Advertising Storyboard?
An advertising storyboard is a method utilized by advertising agencies that is mainly used for television advertisements. It is a series of illustrations that gives a representation of the arranged sequences for a commercial. A lot of agencies use commercial storyboard templates, as well as a storyboard template in Word. Additionally, a storyboard has components like:
- Concept – It all begins with an idea and a team. People then work on to make the concept come true.
- Planning – This is where the procedures to make the storyboard into reality happen.
- Elements – Things like music, animation, and audio clips also come in to play.
How to Create an Advertising Storyboard
If you’re planning on making an advertising storyboard, you should get a team to help you out with everything. They will make things easier to complete the project. If you already have a team, then these steps to create an advertising storyboard will help you out:
- Step 1 – Check out templates like movie storyboard templates and some storyboard examples.
- Step 2 – Get a paper and make start making squares.
- Step 3 – Add script to each square.
- Step 4 – Start drawing out the story.
- Step 5 – Add some important notes like camera angles, sound effects, and special effects.
TV Advertising Storyboard
Blank Advertising Storyboard
Advertising Storyboard Sample
Importance of a Storyboard Template
Due to the benefit that storyboards provide us, a lot of people have been using them. Agencies, companies, and businesses use this method to endorse their products. However, what is another important factor about a storyboard? The answer is their templates.
- It’s used as a means for reference.
- It’s used to set up patterns and test them.
- It’s used to save up time and effort.
- It lessens errors during the process of drafting.
Uses of Storyboard Template
A storyboard template has a lot of different uses. It’s more than just a way to save on time. It’s more than just there to help you with figure out a pattern. Things like business storyboard templates have uses like:
- Customer Satisfaction – Templates have guidelines embedded within them, which help improve the overall customer satisfaction.
- Save Resources – Things like order form templates, including the storyboard template, help save money for the business.
- Consistency – Templates make the final product to be consistent and precise.
Additionally, it makes the whole process easier. It makes things simpler and also makes learning easier as well.