The main purpose of a website storyboard is to represent your website’s structure. With this in mind, one could grasp what a storyboard template use is for. It’s quite useful because it gives visitors a view of the numerous segments of your site and how they link with each other.
The importance of making a website storyboard can aid in establishing your site. Programming the structures of internal links would become significantly easier. This would, in turn, give you and your team more time to focus on different things about the site. It also helps visitors locate your most relevant contents.
161+ Website Templates in Word | PSD | Apple Pages | HTML5 | WordPress | Publisher -START DOWNLOADING
Storyboard for Website Planning
Free Website Storyboard
Personal Website Storyboard
How to Create a Website Storyboard
Creating a website storyboard could be one of the most important task that you can get a hold of. It’s not that simple, but it is worth it, especially for your website. Aside from using templates like a storyboard template and simple storyboard template, which is the conventional way of making one, you should also do these:
- Learn a thing or two about Web designing.
- Focus on a concept for your storyboard.
- Draw a sketch for the storyboard that you have in mind.
- Use graphical components like metadata and tags.
- Save and regularly review the storyboard.
How to Use PowerPoint to Create a Website Storyboard
PowerPoint is commonly used for virtual presentation during meetings. It’s being used by companies, offices, and schools. Its usefulness is definitely undeniable and it brings a lot of benefits for users. Since the software can be a bit confusing, here’s how to create a website storyboard using PowerPoint:
- Open PowerPoint and choose “New Presentation.”
- Enter an organization chart, like some commercial storyboard templates and storyboard template in PDF.
- Type the storyboard’s home page name.
- Add sub-pages or boxes, if necessary.
- Once you’re done, choose the “Update Document” to update the presentation.
Simple Storyboard Template
Guidelines for Making a Website Storyboard
Due to a website storyboard’s importance, people have set some basic guidelines that everyone could follow. Of course, the maker would have overall freedom to create the storyboard in anyway, but these guidelines will definitely help and improve the end result.
The most common guideline would be to study and learn about what a storyboard template in Word is and to check out some business storyboard templates, to be familiar with a website storyboard’s structure. Additional guidelines are the following:
- Old Ideas – Those old ideas will definitely come in handy, but you shouldn’t focus on them too much. No matter how good they are, always entertain new ones, since they offer a fresher outlook about the storyboard.
- Pen and Paper – It’s best to start off sketching on paper first. It lets everyone make a rough draft, which everyone can add their ideas into, and it’s a much faster process. It’s also a more interactive approach.
- Design – Aim for more creative designs and don’t settle with the pre-designed ones you mostly see.
Also, utilize tools like presentation managers, PowerPoint, and animation tools. These will help you better visualize the storyboard you have in mind and manifest it.