It is easy for an individual to see the realization of a concept or an idea if he sees an illustration defining the characteristics of the concept. What that individual does would be one stage in the development or production process pertaining to storyboard making.
100,000+ Ready-Made Designs, Docs & Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI), Apple (MAC) Keynote.
A storyboard is a useful tool which is widely used for entities into graphic related activities. The storyboard format templates on this website enables the user storyboard template to prepare a storyboard format that would fit the idea to be presented to clients for a certain graphical project. With the help of these templates, you will know how to prepare a storyboard format.
Animation Storyboard Format
Storyboard for Motion Animation
Example Animation Storyboard
Video Storyboard Templates
Storyboard for Music Video
What a Storyboard Is
A storyboard is a series of illustrations which serves as a blueprint for a certain project showing a sequence of the scenes to be realized. As shown on the example project storyboard template, pictures or sketches are drawn on the boxes which helps the creators in visualizing the concept of the project.
The client has the final say as to the production or the development of the project being proposed to him with the use of the storyboard.
Why a Storyboard is Essential
A storyboard is an important tool in deciding the different types of project development as shown on the storyboard examples and printable storyboard templates of this website. In connection with this, the following are the reasons why a storyboard is essential to various project developments:
- It shows if a concept is workable. The storyboard is shown using illustrations helping the client and the creators visualize the concept and determine if it can be realized.
- It helps in creating the project within budget. Storyboards are made in consideration of the budget already set for a developing a certain project.
- It allows makers to critic the concept. The creators can determine the lapses overlooked while making the storyboard.
- It aids in decisions pertaining to multimedia. The medium to be used in realizing the concept is defined once the storyboard is put up for presentation.
- It serves as guide in the development stage. As shown on the sample education storyboard template, a storyboard becomes the creators reference when the development commences.
Commercial Storyboard for TV
Storyboard for Simple Film
Storyboard for Documentary Film
Classification of Storyboard Format Templates
Presented here is an information on the provided storyboard template formats on this website which are available for you to sift through and to download, as follows:
- Animation Storyboard Format – Before an animation can be created, the animators hold a meeting to discuss the story of the animation to be drawn. A storyboard, as shown on this storyboard format, is used to brainstorm about the story as proposed by an animator.
- Video Storyboard Format – Videos such as music videos are prepared by the screen writer and the director of the music video with the use of this type of storyboard format. Based on the concept or the feel depicted by the music of the artist, scenarios are created on the storyboard for the music video.
- Commercial Storyboard Format – A commercial, particularly for television, are presented to the management first in the form of a storyboard as illustrated on the television commercial storyboard format template provided on this website.
- Film Storyboard Format – Films being played on theaters started as stories created by certain authors of books, manuscripts or novels. Once the story is chosen, the scriptwriter creates the script which serves as the basis for the creation of this storyboard format.
- Professional Storyboard Format – An example of this storyboard format is the business storyboard templates showing an outline of a storyboard for a business presentation as it is the gist of this classification. Under this category, professional contents such as strategies on business operations are brainstormed in the form of illustrations and examples.
- Multimedia Storyboard Format – Multimedia projects and presentations are discussed by the makers through this format such as reading projects that involve the support of multimedia devices and equipment as illustrated on the storyboard. This may also apply to digital media to be incorporated on the Internet environment.
Storyboard for Multimedia Presentation
Television Commercial Storyboard
How to Make a Storyboard
There are various ways you can devise a storyboard similar to the outline and the format presented on the free storyboard templates and the storyboard templates in Word format of this website. Here are the steps you can follow to make a storyboard:
- Construct a timeline. A timeline is a display of a sequence of events pertaining to the scenes. In this regard, a storyboard shows a chronological list of the illustrations related to the concept being developed.
- Create the scene in detail. Illustrations must be drawn to be nearly realistic. The usual drawings presented on the storyboard are more of realistic sketches made by professional animators. The details on the sketches will aid in the visualization of the concept.
- Describe each box. The boxes on the storyboard covers a scene which should be described using words underneath the box. The boxes on the storyboard is designed for a particular scene that is why a description must be written as its identification.
Storyboard for Professional content
Multimedia Project Storyboard
Reading Project Storyboard
Storyboard for Project Duration
Uses of a Storyboard
A storyboard format is used by different entities to serve as their guide in the production or the development process of an idea or a concept. With this, the following are the uses of a storyboard with examples shown on storyboard templates in PDF format of this website:
- For Film – Films are derived from a series of frames with sequential illustrations which results to the the events shown on a film being played on the cinemas.
- For Theater – Playwrights in theaters show the directors of theaters the scenes of the play in the form of storyboard.
- For Animation – Animations being played for kids and for adults are designed through the storyboard format as shown on the kids storyboard template samples.
- For Photo Animation – Slides of photo frames for cartoons are developed with the use of a storyboard deriving from an idea of an animator.
- For Comic Books – The most clear example of a storyboard is a comic book which is published with the illustrations and sequence of events as presented on the storyboard format.
- For Business – Marketing strategies such as advertisements are designed with the help of a storyboard format.
Bear in mind that these storyboard format templates will help greatly in achieving the storyboard you need and use its function to the fullest.