In every occasion, gifts are always one of the highlights that attendees look forward to. These trinkets are essential for either welcoming the attendees or sending out a symbol of gratification that they were able to be there at the event regardless of their individual schedules. Along with the varieties of gifts handed out, there are often thank you cards and simple tags attached.
These attachments serve as an indication that the attendee acquired his gift from the event that he participated in. Moreover, the cards and tags can also be part of the souvenir that attendees can keep especially if it is well-crafted by the giver.
Elements of a Good Thank You Tag
Anyone can create a thank you tag to fit their preferences, however, they must ensure to keep the important elements of a good thank you tag in their minds before crafting one from scratch:
- Connects with the event and the person receiving the gift along with the tag. Incorporating meaning into the gift is common yet must always be a necessity for any gift giver, and this rule should be observed when making thank you tags as well or even by choosing thank you tag templates to use. The tag should be personalized based on the event ranging from the type of occasion being celebrated up to the decorations and colors used in the tables of the guests.
- Has a clear “Thank You” statement. How the “thank you” statement will be placed on the tag will depend on the maker of the tag, however, the most common is having it setting it to the largest font-size compared to the other fonts in order to achieve an emphasis.
- Has an area for the thread or ribbons. Just like a motivational bookmark, thank you tags must have areas where the thread or the ribbons will be attached into. These ribbons will serve as the connection of the thank you tag to the gift or the giveaway.
13+ Thank You Tag Templates
Free Thank You Tag Template
Free Teacher Thank You Tag Template
Free Thank You for Coming Tag Template
Baby Shower Thank You Tag Design
Baptism Thank You Tag Example
Business Event Thank You Tag Template
Round Thank You Tag Template
Rustic Thank You Tag Sample
Teacher Thank You Tag Example
Thank You Favor Tag Template
Thank You Gift Tag Sample
Floral Thank You Tag Template
Thank Tag Label Design
Steps to Make a Great Thank You Tag
Preparing the type of material to use for the thank you tag should be done first before beginning to layout or to create the tag. Once the material is prepped and ready on-hand, the steps below must be followed:
Step 1. Decide on a theme and form: The colors to use for the thank you, the shape of the tag, the size of each font and the tag itself, the fonts to use for each line of text, and the bleed measurement are some of the factors to be finalized to make the thank you tag.
Step 2. Add a small circular area at the topmost portion of the tag: This circular area must be enough to punch a hole where the thread will go through that will attach the tag to the gift.
Step 3. Incorporate the background: The background should be able to cover the whole thank you tag and must be in line with the occasion. For instance, if it is a corporate business thank you tag to be created, then silhouettes of office buildings can be considered as the right background.
Step 4. Place a “Thank You” statement: Most “thank you” statements are in cursive font-styles and are placed in the center of the tag, however, it can also be placed sideways or in a specific angle as long as it can be read effortlessly and is emphasized in the tag.
Step 5. Include a statement of the subject or the event being thanked for: This step is optional, especially if the aim of the one creating the tag is to sell the tag for general event purposes. Nonetheless, if the intent of the creator is to make a thank you tag for a specified event, then the name of the event and the date of when it was held or attended by the recipient of the gift must be included in the tag. This promotes a more customized thank you tag in comparison to the ones without the basic details of the event.
Simple Tips for Making a Thank You Tag
Making a thank you tag is as exciting as filling a Christmas gift list since it had to be perfect or at most appropriate to the recipient of the tag and the gift accompanying it. With the tips enlisted below, additional insights will be learned by any creative-minded person who aims to add tags to his gifts and for other materials:
- Tie the tag with thymes and other floral accents: Nowadays, more and more people are being inclined to nature or to items that showcase its beauty. This is why using thymes, lavenders, and other possible plants with thin stems can be used instead of the basic red ribbon and rope-like threads. In addition, the plants also provide scents that are a plus for any gift receiver.
- Attach small personalized trinkets with the tag: Other than flowers and plants, a thank you tag can also be attached to other items such as small keys, Christmas ornaments, and mini tassels. These trinkets add to the decoration of the thank you tag as well.
- Keep it simple: Simplicity can always be counted even in making thank you tags. The important thing is that the tag is attached to the gift or the giveaway with value and meaning intended for the receiver.
Types of Thank You Tags
There are two basic types of thank you tags; social thank you tags and personal thank you tags. Social thank you tags are attached to giveaways during social events or corporate events where the participants and attendees are not directly in any sort of relationship to the giver. Some events where these tags are seen in giveaways are in office banquets, graduation party celebrations, galas, contests, fundraising auctions, and in holiday parties.
On the other hand, a personal thank you tag is made significantly for a small number of recipients involved in an event such as a wedding, a birthday party, and a child’s baptismal celebration.
Thank You Tag Template Sizes
Thank you tags can come in different sizes since it all depends on what the celebrant or the event planner prefers each gift to be given. Yet, there are two common sizes that most card and tag creators choose; a size in 2.13” by 4”, and a size in 4″ by 4″. With a 2.13” by 4” size preference, the thank you tag’s shape will be rectangular while the latter will result in a square-shaped tag. Nevertheless, both tag sizes can serve as the guide for the maker into creating other tag shapes such as circular or round thank you tags, heart-shaped tags, and even arrow-shaped tags.
When it comes to pixel sizes, thank you tag templates can range from 400px to 600px. These, however, depend on the quality that the user of the tag prefers as well as the type of format which will be chosen.
Thank You Tag FAQ’s
Why Are Thank You Tags Important?
Thank you tags are important to be incorporated and attached to gifts because it serves as a mini designed card that merely states the gratitude of the giver addressed to the recipient of the gift or the giveaway in an event, party, or an occasion.
Who Can Use Our Thank You Tag Templates?
Event planners, celebrants, and product sellers can use our thank you tag templates since each one of it is solely created for different purposes and events. In addition, even a human resource staff can use the templates especially if there are corporates to hold in the office such as an annual company party or an anniversary.
How Can Our Thank You Tag Templates Be Used?
Choosing the type of thank you tag template is the first step to take which will then be followed by downloading the template’s design. Then, printing out the template to the desired paper or material will be the next step. The printed template must then be cut out to the shape preference of the user and must be attached to the gift or giveaway with the use of a thread or ribbon tied on the tag.
Thank you tags may be forgotten by some gift givers, it is still an item that adds to the creativity and the meaning of a gift. Additionally, it also is a great tool for showing the recipient of a gift that he was welcomed and was thanked for by the giver. This is especially true if the event being attended to involves hundreds of attendees or participants where the celebrant will not be able to individually thank his guests after the event celebration.