Finding the right time or even a spare time to write thank-you letters or notes can be a bit overwhelming but they are a great way to show appreciation for the gifts you received, whether it’s given as a congratulatory gift for big occasions or just a little thoughtful gesture. People always appreciate getting thanks as much as receiving something as a gift. Even though it’s in a form of writing rather than a personal thank-you if it’s not possible, it is always better than not giving any recognition at all. That is why it is never wrong to send a written thank-you, whether it’s a note, letter or card as well as other forms of messaging devices.
There are already countless of ways to send your appreciation nowadays, be it in the form of texts, emails, social media messages or phone calls. Yet, there is one traditional way that is still relevant even with the presence of hi-tech messaging applications. Handwritten notes are still the warmest and most special way to say thank-you, especially if they are made with a lot of thought. So, if you’re looking for a unique way to send out your appreciation, take a look at our compilation of Thank-You Card Templates on this page, and choose from our wide array of formal and fancy designs. For more card ideas, you can also check out our collection of Greeting Card Templates.
Free Thank-You Card Templates
Free Thank You Card
Free Printable Thank-You Card
Free Wedding Thank-You Card
Free Photo Thank-You Card
Wedding Thank-You Card Templates
Wedding Thank You Card Template
Wedding Gift Thank-You Card
Wedding Shower Thank-You Card
Beach Wedding Thank-You Card
Blank Thank-You Card Templates
Printable Blank Thank-You Card
Blank Photo Thank-You Card
Free Blank Thank-You Card
Baby Shower Thank-You Card Templates
Baby Shower Gift Thank-You Card
Printable Baby Shower Thank-You Card
Baby Boy Shower Thank-You Card
Graduation Thank-You Card Templates
Graduation Party Thank-You Card
Graduation Thank-You Photo Card
College Graduation Thank-You Card
Thank-You Note Card Templates
Printable Thank-You Note Card
Wedding Thank-You Note Card
Thank-You Pop Up Card Templates
Printable Thank-You Pop Up Card
DIY Thank-You Pop Up Card
Free Thank-You Pop Up Card
When to Send Thank-You Cards
With a great gift comes a great responsibility of sending thank-you cards. While it is part of an etiquette to send out appreciation every time you receive a gift, it has been considered as one of those endangered habits that people should bring back from extinction. So, how do write a thank-you card and when is it necessary to send them?
- For wedding gifts. Wedding gifts are usually expensive and they could come from various types of people in your life, whether they’re close friends or distant family relatives. Therefore, it is just necessary to acknowledge these gifts with a written note. Also, Wedding Thank-You Cards are not just for gifts but also for those people who helped make your wedding a special day.
- For congratulatory gifts. Birthday gifts and graduation gifts are just a few examples of presents given to congratulate you for an achievement whether it’s reaching a certain age or finishing a course or grade. Most of these gifts come from family members so you don’t have to be overly formal. Keep it short, casual and sweet while telling them how you’ll use the item you received.
- For shower gifts. Guests usually bring gifts during events for your baby or showers in your honor, so even if they are your closest friends and you had the chance to say thanks in person, you should still send a thank-you card in a timely manner such as within four weeks upon receiving the gift. Also, make sure you mention the gift while keeping your thank-you note short and simple.
- For gifts received during an illness. To help you show your gratitude for the concern and well-wishes people shower you during a hospitalization, DIY Thank-You Cards are a way to go. This type of card should be written as soon as you feel well enough to acknowledge the gifts received during your confinement.
- For a scholarship or donation received. Most people do not get this type of opportunity so, it is always a good idea to show your appreciation to any person or organization who gave you the chance to learn the field that you want to be a part of or the chance to be able to help others in need.
If you think you need thank-you cards for any of these occasions and events, feel free to browse through these templates and use them to show how much you love and appreciate every person around you. These templates are editable allowing to you change some elements according to your needs and preferences.
Thank-You Christmas Card Templates
Printable Thank-You Christmas Card
Thank-You Note for Christmas Card
Printable Thank-You Card Templates
Free Printable Thank-You Card
Printable Baby Shower Thank-You Card
Printable Photo Thank-You Card
Professional Thank-You Card Templates
DIY Professional Thank-You Card
Professional Business Thank-You Card
Vintage Thank-You Card Templates
Free Vintage Thank-You Card
Vintage Photo Thank-You Card
Valentine’s Day Thank-You Card
Birthday Thank-You Card Templates
First Birthday Thank-You Card
Spa Birthday Party Thank-You Card
Birthday Wishes Thank-You Card
Bridal Shower Thank-You Card Templates
Sample Bridal Shower Thank-You Card
Free Bridal Shower Thank-You Card
Printable Bridal Shower Thank-You Card
Engagement Thank-You Card Templates
Free Engagement Thank-You Card
Engagement Party Thank-You Card
Engagement Gift Thank-You Card
Holiday Thank-You Card Templates
Holiday Wedding Thank-You Card
Printable Holiday Thank-You Card
Business Holiday Thank-You Card
Other Times You Need to Send a Thank-You Card
Sending thank-you notes are not just for gifts received, though. They can also be applied to different occasions where you receive an opportunity or assistance from other people. Below is a list of other common events that you may consider sending a thank-you card as well.
- In professional relationships. It is good to send out thank-you notes for the courtesy of an interview, for opportunities and referrals, for mentoring and many other business situations. Writing a Business Thank-You note can pave a way to a lasting relationship.
- To teachers. Teachers are people who deserve an expression of gratitude more than anyone else. They do not just teach you lessons and skills to make you a good member of the society but they also make a difference and impact in their students’ lives.
- When you receive help. It is always a good idea to show your appreciation to any person or organization who gave you the chance to fulfill your dreams and some other way, made your life a little easier. This includes pet sitting, yard work, or assistance with a project or work.
- For a host’s hospitality. A written thank-you in a form of card or bookmark is usually called for when someone opens his or her home to you whether for a meal, party or overnight stay. Tell them how much the experience touched you.
- During a funeral. For all the various thoughtful things your families and friends do to ease your burden during a loss of a loved, one may not be able to acknowledge personal notes, flowers or donations as soon as possible. Although a Funeral Thank-You Card is necessary, there is no reason to hurry.
Although there are different various occasions and events in which you must send out thank-you cards, you also have to consider the time frame in which your thank-you cards should reach its recipients.
Reception Thank-You Card Templates
DIY Reception Thank-You Card
Wedding Reception Thank-You Card
Rustic Thank-You Card Templates
Rustic Photo Thank-You Card
DIY Rustic Thank-You Card
Office Thank-You Card Templates
Sample Office Thank-You Card
Office Thank-You Note Card
Baptism Thank-You Card Templates
Baptism Thank-You Photo Card
Printable Baptism Thank-You Card
DIY Thank-You Card Templates
Sample DIY Thank-You Card
DIY Thank-You Gift Card
DIY Baby Thank-You Card
Frozen Thank-You Card Templates
Free Frozen Thank-You Card
Disney Frozen Thank-You Card
Frozen Photo Thank-You Card
Photo Thank-You Card Templates
Wedding Photo Thank-You Card
Free Photo Thank-You Card
Baby Photo Thank-You Card
Photo Frame Thank-You Card
Elements of a Thank-You Card
Whether a thank-you card requires a formal tone or a casual demeanor, you should address them with care by using appropriate words and format. They can be elaborate or simple as long as the message is sent across in a clear manner. Here are some basic elements that you should always include when writing a thank-you note for your cards.
- The first sentence. Without further ado, you should start your thank note by stating its purpose or what the note is for. Aside from the phrase “thank you,” this is also where you mention and acknowledge the gift or opportunity that you have been given.
- The second sentence. On the second sentence or next piece, you can explain how much you appreciate the opportunity or gift. Here, you can also let them know how much you like it and the reasons for feeling so. Furthermore, you can also say how you plan to use them.
- The third sentence. This time, you can use the second paragraph of your thank-you note as a way to continue the connection or keep the relationship you have with the person. It could be plans or statements hoping to catch up with each other soon.
- The signature. Whatever you state in the body of your letter, you should make sure that you end it with a closing remark and your signature in order to make your note sound pleasant and friendly. It is also one way to make your card more personal and intimate.
Tips to Remember When Writing Thank-You Notes
When you have your design and needed elements for your thank-you cards in place, all you need to do is to go over these tips to make sure your Thank-You Cards are perfect for the kind of message you want to send across.
- Timing is all. First of all, perhaps the most important thing about saying thank-you is to do it in a timely manner. Even though just saying thank-you is better than not doing at all, it is still imperative to do it immediately before everyone forgets. This is one of the ways to let someone now that you took the time to acknowledge their efforts and kindness.
- Kind of message. When writing your message, being simple and straightforward is the best way to go about it. For most thank-you notes, formality is always forgone as these types of letters are more personal; although some need a little bit of structure especially notes that are sent to companies and organizations, like the Post Interview Thank-You Letters.
- Type of message. As mentioned before, there are other ways to send a thank-you message other than written thank-you cards. You need to consider the level of formality your note should have before deciding to send it via text messages or emails. Think of the person you are sending these messages to like your grandparents who may not know how to use computers.
- Additional notions. You can always choose to bump your thank-you cards up a notch by making it personalized and special. One way to do it is to decorate your cards with details that are relatable to the recipient like ribbons or stamps. You can include a photo of the gift showing how it is being used or an extra trinket such as flowers or baked cookies.
- Always proofread. Even though it’s just a simple note of thanks, a wrong spelling or grammatical error is always a turn off as it could mean that the card is made in a hurry or just out of respect. Another thing to remember is to keep your tone polite and friendly as well as avoid sounding like promoting or asking for more favors.
There are many ways to structure and arrange the elements in your thank-you notes, but the most important thing is you should always write them from the heart. Also, you have to be careful not to overdo it as it may sound superficial instead. So, while you’re here, don’t forget to check out the different articles available on this website, such as the Printable Thank-You Card Templates for more ideas.