The holidays are the perfect opportunity to express feelings of gratitude and appreciation for your friends, family members, and colleagues. Perhaps this is the reason why thank you cards are one of the most common forms of greeting cards sent out during this period of time.
So if you and your family want to take part in this holiday tradition, this article got you covered. Here, we share different tips on how to create your very own Christmas thank you cards with the use of pre-formatted digital templates. In addition, we also share easy and actionable tips that even tiny children may follow and recreate on their own. Read on for more.
Crafting any kind of greeting card takes special skill. But that does not mean you have to spend countless hours reading books on card-making. What it means, instead, is learning the core elements that make a card work.
In the list below, we share the top five elements or design features that will allow anyone to craft the best Christmas thank you cards for whatever end purpose they want. Find out what these essential card-making elements are below.
1. Visual Hierarchy: The first element that should be present in a good Christmas thank you card is a compelling visual hierarchy. This means that all the design and text elements used on the card’s cover design should be arranged well and with a purpose in mind. To illustrate, if you want the card recipients to be wowed with your family portrait on the card cover, then you should emphasize the photo by making it bigger or by centering it on the cover design. There are many ways on how you can take advantage of good visual flow in your card designs so practice until you get the hang out of it.
2. Design Theme: In addition to a good visual flow, compelling thank you card designs also follow a unique yet captivating design theme. There are a million ways on how you can play up a Christmas card cover design. From minimalist Christmas card themes to the colorful retro Christmas thank you cards. The choice is yours. Always remember that a good design theme can help bring together all the individual design elements that you may choose to incorporate in your card design.
3. Typography: Good typography is another essential design element that helps make any Christmas greeting card design more attractive and memorable. Choose font styles, typeface families, font colors, and even the amount of space between each letter carefully as they can help set a tone or help boost the card design theme you are looking for. As a rule of thumb, use font styles that belong to the same typeface family unless you want your card design to be ironic or to break basic typography rules.
4. Short Message: One should not forget to add a short (and perhaps handwritten) message to any Christmas thank you cards that they send out. Cards that have these short messages tend to appear more authentic. Their recipients may also realize how much effort you put into making each thank you card.
5. Paper Type: Another good way to make a good Christmas thank you card is to by choosing high-quality paper or card stock to print the card design on. Thicker paper and those with more elaborate patterns or textures evoke a more luxurious feel. Therefore, they make the card recipients feel more special. And that is what you want anyone receiving your holiday cards to feel, don’t you?
Make sure that all these design elements are intelligently incorporated into your own Christmas thank you cards and you will find it easy to create or find a Christmas card template design that your friends and family will actually love and treasure.
Featured below are numerous examples of thank you card templates and designs that anyone may use this Christmas season. All of these templates are fully editable and they are also available in multiple file formats like PSD, AI, InDesign, Word, and Publisher. Do make sure that you have a compatible software program before downloading the template file format of your choice.
If you think that incorporating all the five essential elements of a good Christmas greeting card is not enough, then fret not. We have a few more design tips up our sleeves. In the list below, we share to you a few more helpful pieces of information that can transform any simple Christmas card design. Apply these design tips into your thank you card designs and be prepared to be the belle of the holiday season as news of how creative your family or business thank you card designs spread among your customers and clan.
1. Create matching card envelope designs: If you want to increase the wow factor of your Christmas thank you cards, then you should seriously consider creating matching card envelope designs. After all, envelopes are used to enclose your thank you cards and they will be the first thing that your card recipients will see. You can totally go matchy-matchy and use the same card design for your envelope design. Or, you can go off script and choose something more gaudy or simpler and then surprise the card recipient with what’s inside.
2. Add embellishments: This next design tip is for those who want to create more personalized Christmas thank you cards. And that is by adding embellishments into your card cover. You may add stickers, brads, beads, buttons, washi tape designs, felt designs, and other things into the card cover itself. Doing this will make the card cover have a three-dimensional effect. This kind of card decorating tip can be useful if you want younger children to add their own touches to your annual family holiday cards.
3. Incorporate foil printing: To create a compelling Christmas thank you card, never forget the printing method you choose. This affects how all the text and graphic elements in a card design will appear. One of the trendiest printing method today is the use of foil printing. You may choose gold, silver, or glitter foil printing as a way to accentuate certain text or graphic design elements in your thank you card design. Note that using advanced printing techniques like this may add up to your total card-making budget.
4. Add cut-outs: As a last tip, we recommend that you incorporate cut-outs into your thank you card design. This card-making technique can be useful if you want to surprise your card recipients. But do note that this method may require more advanced skill so make sure that you watch online tutorials or have someone else teach you the trick before doing it on your own. Once mastered, you will have a truly memorable Christmas thank you card or a Christmas holiday photo card in your hands.
Incorporating any of these card-making tips is enough to truly express your gratitude for friends and family members. Remember not to overdo the card decorating step. Instead, focus more on the card’s content and how you wish to share your innermost feelings of gratitude for the card recipient this holiday season.
There is no standard printing size for Christmas thank you cards. Template end-users may choose whatever paper size they wish. In this article, all the free and premium thank you card templates may be resized to fit your preferences.
A Christmas thank you card template is a pre-formatted graphic design file created using various software programs. They act as a base file and will contain all the images, font styles, text, placeholders, graphics, and other formatting elements needed to create a Christmas thank you card design.
Christmas thank you card templates may be created using any kind of graphic design and compositing software program. Examples of which are Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Apple Pages, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Illustrator.
If you intend to use the postal service in sending your annual holiday cards, it is best to do this at least two weeks before Christmas day. While for those who intend to hand-deliver their Christmas thank you cards, you may make them at least the night before the day you intend to give them away.
With the help of all the premium and free Christmas-inspired personalized thank you card templates that we have shared earlier, we hope that you will now have a quicker and more exciting time creating your holiday cards. Refer back to this article if you wish to relearn the card-making tips we have shared or if you just want to download all the card templates above. And for more business and design templates, check out the rest of Template.net.