Banner advertising is one of the most overt ways of promoting a business, product, event, service, or individual. Its greatest upside is that marketers do not even have to deal with customers face to face just to get them to notice your banner ads.
So if you are interested in using this type of marketing collateral, stay tuned and read until the end of this article. We will be sharing valuable pieces of advice on how you can create effective banner designs. More specifically, we are also sharing examples of banner templates in PSD format to make the editing process easier.
Before you can create good banner designs, you need to be mindful of a few characteristics or features that should be present in any banner template. By making sure that your own banner designs possess these elements, you will know that you are doing the right thing in terms of getting good results and impressions from your business banners.
1. Persuasive Text or Wording: Banners are effective marketing tools especially if they come with persuasive ad copy. This applies to create any kind of business banner. Remember, your goal is to catch the attention of a potential customer and lead them to act towards an action. Persuasive ad copy comes in many forms. Learn how to tell a compelling story using as little words as possible and possibly with the help of images. You may hire a copywriter or a marketer specifically for this aspect if you prefer.
2. Marketing Campaign Theme: Whether you are creating a billboard banner or a roll-up banner, it is important to remember what the business’ marketing campaign is all about. This is your guiding force, the singular theme that will help influence how and what you want to communicate with current and new customers. So when you are creating a banner design, make sure that you have decided on a marketing campaign theme first before proceeding to the actual banner design process.
3. Branding Design Elements: Another important element that should be seen on any banner design is your business’ branding design elements. If you are advertising a product or service, branding elements may come in the form of a business letterhead or company logo. If you are advertising for a seminar or concert, a photo of the speaker or artist will work as a branding design. Make sure that your own banner ads incorporate branding elements seamlessly.
4. Visual Hierarchy: Visual flow is an important factor in determining if your banner advertising will be effective in communicating a message to your customers or not. To achieve optimal visual flow, you need to pay attention to how all the design and text elements in your design are arranged. The banner layout should be creative yet intuitive – one that follows the natural line of sight when reading. Create multiple iterations of a banner design before settling on a final design.
5. Responsive Design: This next element or characteristic only applies to web banner ads. This is an important feature to ensure that your banner ads show up correctly on any kind of screen display. This is especially important for owners of e-commerce sites and digital marketers.
6. Typography: The font styles used in a banner design is an important determinant of the success or failure of the banner as an advertising tool. Customers can easily disregard banner ad, roll-ups, and billboards if they cannot understand what is written on them. To prevent this, choose font styles that are easy to read and pleasing to the eye. You may use premium typefaces or you may also commission someone else to create a font style for your business.
The list above is not an exhaustive list of all the elements or characteristics that should be found in a good banner template design. But just starting with these top six elements, you will be on your way into getting the right combination of creating a compelling banner PSD template design.
As we mentioned earlier, embedded below are mock-ups of banner templates in PSD file format. Each template is fully downloadable as a Photoshop document and can be customized using Adobe Photoshop. Check them all out below!
Whether you are making a small website banner or a billboard ad, details matter when it comes to creating a banner ad. And this should be something that any graphic designer and business owner should pay attention to during the designing process. You need to make it right from the design conception since making changes to a final banner design can cost you and your business.
That is why we are sharing a few tips when designing banner ads. Read and internalize each design tip below.
1. Keep it simple: Banner ads, especially website banners and roll-up banners only have a small space to work on. Designers need to be intentional when coming up with each design element that will be featured on the banner. Each element needs to be noticeable and serve a purpose. If not, the banner design will look too cluttered and you do not want that.
2. Choose the right colors: Just like completing any kind of graphic design project, the color/s you choose for your banner will greatly affect how it is perceived by your customers. Choose a striking color scheme but do not go overboard. You may also incorporate your brand’s official colors to make it easier to associate the banner with your business.
3. Use high-quality images or illustrations: Photoshop templates are known are for their image quality. But it will not magically transform a grainy photo into something remarkable for your banner. To end up with a well-designed banner ad, you need to source high-quality images first. With the right set of images, you can easily transform a blank banner template.
4. Use a printable banner PSD template: For a quicker turnaround time, it is best to use a printable banner template. (Examples of which are embedded within the article). With these pre-made templates, you do not need to design the template from scratch since they will come with all the text and formatting elements. These PSD templates are fully editable using Adobe Photoshop.
Those are the top tips that any business owner may follow when creating their own business and advertising banners. Use all the knowledge that you have learned here well.
Banners are categorized according to where they are posted or commonly seen. Each banner type still functions as an advertising and informative tool. Each banner category may also have a subcategory depending on the occasion that the banner is used. For example, promotional roll-up banners can be subclassified into funeral banners and party banners.
The standard sizes for each type of banner are listed below:
A banner template in PSD is a digital graphic design file created using Adobe Photoshop. It is a pre-formatted template that contains all the text and design elements for creating a banner advertisement.
A banner and a flyer both are advertising and marketing collaterals. The former is available in both digital and printed versions while the latter is only available on its printed form. Flyers are also handed directly to new or potential customers while advertising banners are only positioned strategically on websites, sidewalks, or store entrances.
As this article is all about PSD banner templates, we recommend the use of Adobe Photoshop in creating banner template designs. Other graphic design software programs like Adobe InDesign and Illustrator may also be used but they will be saved in a different file format.
It’s finally time to step up your business marketing game and make use of both print and digital channels to advertise your products or services. Use any of the banner template designs embedded above and create both web banner ads and printed banner ads. And if you apply all the banner-making tips we have shared above, you will surely end up with a compelling banner design. For more downloadable examples of banner and business templates, check out the rest of our website.