How To Choose the Correct Website Template for Yourself?
Before beginning, you must know that you don't have to be an IT expert to create a website. All you need to do is research well and watch video tutorials online. Although creating a website is not a problem, what you need to watch out for is the appearance and effectiveness of your site. According to a study, 38% of people will not continue engaging on a website that has unattractive content or layout. Another study shows that 39% stops engaging if the content takes too long to load. So, if you have an existing website or planning to develop one, you need to understand that the website's characteristics can make or break your business.
Remember, your website is a reflection of your company and products or services. So no matter what your website is about, it's vital that it functions well and looks visually appealing and professional-looking from header to footer. Here are tips on how to choose the best website template for your business, whether it is photography, real estate, travel, school, restaurant, or fashion:
1. Understand what Kind of Website you Need
Before you can create a website, you need to understand what kind of website do you need first. Are you trying to create a website for your restaurant? Perhaps, a website for your online shop? The features it should possess depends on the kind of business you have. If you know what features your website should have, the process of choosing the right header and website templates becomes easy.
2. Choose Quality over Cost
When it comes to websites, you should never choose cost over quality. There are tons of websites templates options online, but the question is, are they good enough? Don't look for cheap templates with poor quality. Consider this as an investment. You're investing in something that will lead your business to success, so make sure it's of high quality. Remember, you're trying to establish customer retention and satisfaction.
3. Look for Customizable and Flexible Templates
Ensure that your website will stand out among the hundreds of sites on the internet. To do this, you must incorporate your own content and design style. Just like your logo, this needs to be unique and attractive. This is why you need to look for customizable and flexible templates so that you can change the contents, color, font, etc. with ease.
4. Verify if it's Cross-Platform
The last thing you want is an unresponsive site, so verify with your provider if your template is cross-browser compatible. This means that your website can be accessed and functions well in all types of browsers. For instance, what your header looks like must be the same, and all your plugins must function well, regardless of what operating system or browser you use.
5. Choose An SEO Friendly Template
No matter how good your website looks, without good SEO or search engine optimization tactics, the chance of getting your site a better ranking is only slim. Choose a template with simple navigation and has fewer plugins. The fewer your plugins are, the faster your website will load.
What are the Components of a Website?
The must-have components of a website include:
- The Elements on the Front-end: This includes the first look of the website when their website link is opened. Pay special attention to its appearance and relevance.
- The Navigation Structure: Make sure that the navigation procedure is smooth and connected to each other.
- The Page Layout: The plan of the layout should be simple, understandable and attractive.
- Images: The images should be in line with the components. Use high-resolution, good quality pictures for effectivity.
- Contents: Make the content keeping in mind what you want your readers to know about you. Remember what they have come to search for on your website. Advertise your business alongside the information you are providing them.
- Graphic Design: Get an expert to design the graphic elements. Try to introduce infographic images and flowcharts for a better understanding of the user.
- Back-end Elements: These refer to the activities done at the back to make the website better and relevant. Get developers to handle the back-end efficiently. Ask them to manage the SEO properly to ensure your website rating.